Last Saturday in July

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Last Saturday in July

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:31 am

Summer is going so fast. I can't believe it's almost August. That'll bring Sturgis here and even bigger crowds. Should be very interesting.

Have a great day!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Last Saturday in July

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:48 am

Good Morning Beth... after our lovely days we are now in for some heat. I have coffee and will fix my old stand by oatmeal and blueberries... will share with anyone or have some bread I can make french toast with... Just come on in and visit a while...

Today I will get some things ready to take to the motor home in anticipation of leaving on Wednesday morning early... well early to me is not early to anyone else... lets say before noon sometime...

Glad you got away Irmi... you sure deserved a break...

Did sleep some last night and today will be a better one...

Safe travels to all on the road.
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby cnq50b » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:06 am

Good morning!
Quiet Saturday....

Hot here in KS. Just finished cutting the grass. Took an old friend to my nephews BBQ place yesterday. He's quite the expert on BBQ & really enjoyed it - said he'd be taking his buddies there. :)

Booked flights out to LA/San Diego in mid Aug. Really struggled deciding if I should fly or drive, but money & time won out - so I'm flying. Can't wait until time isn't an issue - money will always be, but being able to stay awhile should help with spreading out the gas money.

Dawn, it is so good seeing your posts again. I was wondering if you were ok.
By the way, has anyone heard from Red?
Ava, hope you get the new A/C soon.
Beth, I think about you & imagine myself doing something similar once I retire - only I would love to work in a hardware store! :lol: There's a sweet one in Pacific Beach - an old fashioned little Ace hardware - I love it. When I'm out there with the kids I usually have to stop in at least every other day. :D

Lots of traveling going on.
Hope everyone stays safe & cool.
Take care, Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:47 pm

At Charbonneau Park in Washington. Very nice COE campground, so half price. I had four days planned here but had to change it to two days because it is going to be 99 tomorrow and 104 the day after!! Can't handle the heat, so will drive along the north shore of the Columbia River and stay in Portland for one night and then north to Alder Lake, where it will be cooler.

I will be stopping at IKEA near Portland to stock up on some of their frozen crepes. They are excellent, especially topped with their blueberry or ligonberry preserves!! Yum! :D

Was up very early this morning to make Florida reservations at another COE park. You have to click just a couple of seconds before they open to have even a slight chance of getting a spot, but right along a canal and locks with a senior price of only $12 for a landscaped and paved site with water and electric is worth it. Then I went to back to bed. Been up for a while now and defrosted refrigerator and freezer--need to do it about once every 6 weeks. Got to make room for the crepes!!

Supposed to be 91 today and the side of my motorhome is facing west, so going out to put out my awning since it is not windy. Nice view of the marina and lake from my site to do my work by today. I may have to work while I travel, but most of the time my office has a fantastic view!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:59 am

Was 104 here the last Saturday of July and close to same Sunday. UGH!
Will stay in to avoid drifting smoke from the Sand Fire 50 miles from here. Fires is over 4000 acres and just east of Hwy 49 between Jackson and Plymouth. Praying for all those fighting it and those whose homes are lost and those others at risk.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee