Good Morning Happy Sunday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Good Morning Happy Sunday!

Postby VickieP » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Velda, prayers and hugs for you and your husband, as this looks like another mountain to climb for y'all. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and getting through one day, one challenge at a time.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Liz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Velda, I'm so sorry for the struggles you are going through. My prayers are with you and your husband. Keep on living vicariously through the travels of others, I know it helped lift my spirits during the time I went through cancer treatments. Do keep us up to ate on how things are going and how we can direct our prayers.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Liz, you made me laugh when you said Pat left you alone with her grape salad. It's dangerous to leave me alone with good food.

I remember the walk on the moon well. My older son was one year and one day old. It was in all the magazines so I bought some so he would have them when he was older. I even remember the sputnik too. It must have been on a Saturday because we were all in the car with my dad on the way to grandmothers. That's the only time we would all be together. We lived in Lake Charles and there was a paper boy on the corner of Broad Street and Hwy 14 selling news papers with the news about sputnik on the front page. My dad bought one. There was a restaurant or bar on one of the corners with a big neon green frog that jumped when it was on. We liked to go past there and see the frog.

With all the rain we have been getting the mosquitoes will be trying to carry us away when they start hatching. My younger son was a mosquito magnet when he was a baby. He was alway very warm and if there was one mosquito in the house it would be after him.

Yesterday I got a dobosh cake for my son's birthday from one of the popular bakeries in Lafayette. It was so good. I think my DH and I will have to share one next week.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Liz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Ok, what's a dobosh cake?
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Liz wrote:Ok, what's a dobosh cake?

It's a cake with thin layers of cake with icing on every layer. I think the outside icing is the kind that is in sheets like they use on the TV food shows. I would take a picture but our pieces are gone. :lol: It's very rich and sweet. My favorite is yellow cake with chocolate icing. They have one that is all chocolate and I think other flavors of cake also. Harold and I have birthdays next week. If I get another one I will take a picture.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Liz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Too bad Louisiana isn't on my route to Massachusetts.
Liz
Liz

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 pm

Velda (((((((((hugs for both of you))))))))))

Martha, if I ever make it to LA, I want some of that cake. Sounds so good.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:39 pm

Thank you all for the support and prayers. It helps to have a place to talk once in a while. I had so hoped this fall to take him in the Leisure Travel van to see his father in Oklahoma who will be 90 in Nov but it will have to wait.
I remember where I was back in 1969 when the moon landing happened. I was standing in a patients room in Chico Community Hospital where I was working as an Aide during summer break from Nursing school. It was a thrilling moment.
Have a wonderful week all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Readytogo » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:44 pm

This is REALLY late for morning coffee! First of all Velda, I cannot even imagine going through all of that. I can only echo whay everyone else has said. I remember the moon landing too, and it was in a Sat, Martha. I remember because us and our neighbors were playing putt putt golf, and I remember looking at the moon and thinking man had already or was about to walk on it! I was pregnant with my oldest son. I am in Panama City and had a nice lunch and visit with Nan today. Then we went to a farmer's market but the farmers were calling it a day! I got to see her new home. I hope everyone had a great day and a good one planned for tomorrow. Those in need know we have a supply of hugs and prayers. Wendy
Readytogo

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:37 am

Oh, Velda, my heart goes out to you. Prayers to you both.

I tried to feed Liz. Well, I took food to her rig for us to fix. However we managed to eat lunch so late so ended up purchasing dinner at the Brule show. Liz and I aren't known for eating out like we did while she was here. But the leftovers from those two meals have me dinner the next two nights at work. Yum.

Off to bed. Off work tomorrow and plan more sightseeing.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee