Saturday, hello???

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday, hello???

Postby carolb » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:56 am

G'morning all:)

Anybody out there??? Must have been a busy day for all our morning people yesterday, but as always, I enjoyed reading what the few of you were doing... :D

Have made plans to do a 3-4 day road trip!!! Hooray! Going to Niagara & Sackets Harbor NY with a fellow Trekker. Then looking forward to seeing Liz & Thistle come through here next weekend. Yep, gonna be a great week for me! So this weekend will be filled with house/yard work, but I'm so thrilled to have my riding mower--takes almost an hour off my mowing time :P

I see daylight, so I'll be off for more coffee, then out to the yard to start edging.

Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Saturday, hello???

Postby BayouLady » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:25 am

Good morning Carol and all to check in
It's a stormy Saturday here, so outside of cleaning house, not much is going on here. Looking forward to cooler weather so I can get back camping.

Sounds like you have a fun filled two weeks ahead, nice! Til then, enjoy your riding lawnmower, maybe cut the neighbor's grass too so it's even with yours.

Southern butter pecan creamer this morning for coffee, and biscuits and sausage will be on later.

Everyone have a good day, hopefully dry and cool.
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:50 am

Morning Carol, Bonnie and all who are yet to get up,

Carol, you sound so excited to be hitting the road again. And then having a visit from Liz. It's a beautiful but little hazy morning here in Michigamme. Nice cool breeze coming in off he lake. Haze being caused by the wildfires burning way up in Northwestern Canada, Northwest Territories. Heard there one has already burned over 220,000 acres and still burning. Smoke is caught up in the southeast/south flowing winds coming across this area and the lower peninsula as well.

Can't believe my week is almost over already. Seems like I just got here. Seriously thinking of extending one more day as upper 80's-low 90 degree weather is coming in for Monday and Tuesday. Would rather stay here by the lake then head home to it. Breeze only comes across the warm ground in my yard there.

Started working on my next RVing scrapbook yesterday. Got one page done :lol: Will do more today probably. Nice sitting here working on a work table in front of window, enjoying the lake.

Thinking of all you in the Pacific Northwest with wildfires burning here and there and lately seems like everywhere. Hope you are out of harm's way and out of the smoke areas as well. Keep safe out that way, even those of you who are traveling around out there. Those in the southeast, keep dray and everyone else, enjoy your day, whatever it brings.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby cnq50b » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:21 am

Good morning everyone,

I'm enjoying a sneak preview morning of our KS GTG here at Council Grove lake. I have to admit, it is beautiful!!! :D Of course, starting out the day in the low 60's doesn't hurt. :lol: I'll post more info on the GTG thread later.

Glad to know you're getting out Carolb & Sue, yes, stay a little longer if you can - we all know these cooler days are short-lived.

Well, I'm going to grab a second cup of coffee & then Sadie & I are going for another long walk.

I need to catch up on what's going on but that will have to wait until later - Sadie is ready to walk.

I hope everyone is well & enjoying this brief respite from the heat.
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:09 am

Good Morning !!! Another warm one here, hot in the middle of the day, glad my A/C works good :D Had a great visit with my friend yesterday, drove around Lake Wales, showed her my DD's home and of course, we stopped for a nice lunch. The day of course, went by too fast. This morning am feeling a huge let down, nothing planned for today.

My first thought this morning, was to see how my WII works, if it still does, been so long and do some exercise. Seems something always comes up before I do this, one thing I know it doesn't want to work to well with A/C going so has to be early and so many things have to be done early. :? Oh well, I'll cool it down in here and then set temp up high and see if it works. That little person is going to fuss at me as to how many days and then how fat I've gotten :roll: :lol: I just may cry this morning !! :lol: :lol:

I won't because the day is beautiful outside and anything can happen on the good side so will look forward to what ever that might be. Oh, almost forgot that tall good looking fella that is familiar with Rv's, that I've been looking for to drive me to Ks, I thought I saw him yesterday evening at the trash site here and he started talking and we had a nice chat, hmmm, Well, he's married, so still looking for that driver for the Ks GTG, :D I have not canceled my site reservation yet, keep that in mind ladies, I doubt there is any way that I can make it at all, but it doesn't hurt for me to hang on to it and if a late person finds no sites and wants to go, just pm me. I will be canceling it 2 weeks before the GTG, until then keep it in mind, I am signed up for site 15 next to Sue. One GTG I am really going to hate missing, so many I have not met going to be there. Oh well, that's how the little ball bounces sometimes !!!!

Maggie, is telling me she wants to go out again or at least wants my attention, so will wish you all a great day,

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:25 am

Panama City is have rain all day, dogs did not want their morning walk in the rain. So back inside dried off, fixed breakfast for them, got my coffee and watching the rain.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby avalen » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:32 am

omg its saturday, I really lost track of the week! but good morning everybody, sat out and watched the coyotes this morning.
Maggie kept growling at something out across the field, I couldn't see anything but one of my neighbors came walking around
and pointed it out to me. Yep, it was laying down and another few off at the edge of the trees. Then it was time to feed the
birds as they started coming in and hanging out. Finally got the little quail to come in, there are about 7 of them in this one
little group. I love the little quail. :D
Nothing else going on in my world. Ya'll have a great day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:15 am

GM everyone. I got my iMac back last evening... that was fast... $100 less in my account!

Not much sleep last night... should have went to bed when I was tired but got past tired when I went to bed... know better but did not do it...

Oh yes Carolb I too am looking forward to the visit from Liz... she has been to many interesting places... a riding mower is great!

Need to go back to see what has been going on... I did see one post that talked about ants... I use bounce dryer sheets the cheap kind... put them all over in the basement compartments and on the floor... also inside my mobile home all over... they really work! when ever I see an ant I put fresh ones down...

CArol I think eating a cake does not hurt just not very often... a friend once said that if you are tempted just dump salt on it and it is yucky... :lol:

Ava school will soon be here... glad you have had such a nice summer... but I know how the paychecks fill in the empty spaces... miss them myself...

Take care everyone... will catch up on the other posts...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Redetotry » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:36 am

Good morning all, Another cool cloudy morning here :D :D but I looked at the 1o day forecast :( I shouldn't be surprised after all it is July and this cool spell has been unusual but sooo welcome.
Carolb glad you are getting away for a bit, you work too hard it sounds like. Maybe you should put up a little stand though and sell those 'maters, I just paid $2.00 for ONE Heritage tomato at the farmers market :shock: I should have said forget it but was too shocked.
CArol I wish you could find someone to ride along with you to the KS GTG. I too have a reservation in space #45 from the 14-18th that will probably be available as looks like DH will be in Scotland during that time frame. I'm not going to cancel though until he actually gets his ticket.
So Bonnie, what, no gravy to go with your sausage and biscuits!? I agree Sue, stay longer it's going to get hot you will welcome that breeze.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:52 am

Good morning everyone I barely made it it's almost noon+....
it is cool and rainy here in NW PA.....
it doesn't look like it's going to be a very fun day outside.....
I did get a coat of drywall compound on some of the cracks and holes in the hallway
did that the other day... was going to do another coat today but don't think that will happen
I think I'm going to do some sewing instead.... that makes me happy.....drywall compound does not
Have a fun day and stay safe donna
grammynmaggie

Postby chalet05 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:27 am

Good Morning,

We left our spots next to the Resurrection River yesterday - wish I had stayed! Got to Soldotna and it was like the Friday after Thanksgiving traffic. I just kept going to Kenai! We'll see some of Kenai today including the historic buildings on a walk.

At this point, I think I'll slowly head toward the lower 48 on Monday. I will stop in Valdez for the Lulu Belle boat tour if the weather will be decent.

Ava, the data limit is a pain! I did find out I could stop videos from automatically playing on FB as I don't watch unless it is a family home video. I've also started blocking a lot of the sites people share to see if that will help. When there are 10 or more 'shares' every morning, I figure that must use data.

Carolb, drive that lawn mower carefully! :) You ladies getting a visit from Liz have every right to be excited! CArol and BJ, fingers crossed you will make it to the KS GTG. Lucky Catherine checking it out for us!! :)

Everyone have a great day!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:18 pm

My friend called me to go to Lafayette this morning so we have been running around all day. My family calls her my boss because when Peggy calls I jump. :lol: She was doing most of the shopping. I did find a nightgown on sale at Dillard's. They finally had them marked down enough for me. I'm not going to pay $70 for a gown. Today is my older son's birthday so picked up a cake for him. He's coming for lunch tomorrow.

It was so cool today for July. It was freezing in the mall. Every time I walked outside my glasses fogged up. All the ditches, bayous and the river are full to the top. There is a chance of rain for the next week. I don't know where we are going to put more water.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:53 pm

It was cloudy and fairly cool yet today. Went to my dads and met the buyer for cartop carrier. The kayak guy (second one now) called and cancelled. Then went to one of the little towns on the other side of Lake Minnetonka and walked around town. They were having a flea market and Crazy Dayz, so that was fun. Didn't buy anything. Then stopped at one of the restaurants on the lake there and had lunch on the deck. Tonight will probably head into my town to watch the fireworks at the beach.

Supposed to get into the 90's this week with high humidity! :shock: Monday, the heat index will be over 100 which will really suck for playing golf :roll:. Not looking forward to that :(

Got bit the other day (or night?) by something on my arm. Big red welt, but doesn't itch or hurt, so not sure what bit me. Just putting Benedryl cream on it for now.

Hope you are all having a good weekend! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee