Thursday after being MIA

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday after being MIA

Postby carolb » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:33 am

G'morning all! :)

Finally figured that I need to be up before sunrise to feel comfortable about "computer" time :roll: If I see daylight, I'm antsy to get busy with projects :lol: Is that a good excuse for not being here lately :oops: Glad to hear so many of you are getting this cool-down! 54 deg here this a.m.

Before I forget, Martha, re ants: have you tried Terro? An old product, the small bottle of syrup-type stuff? My bro swears by it, & I recommended it to my cousin who had tried everything else--it worked!

Judi, did not realize you were also in Alaska. If you haven't met Anita, it's a must! Hope you two can meet up somewhere along your routes. Oh, to be on the road again, but I must say I've worked myself into enjoying my summer at home. Garden is producing--lettuce, cukes & spinach. Did I mention, only 9 'mater plants this year? Six are Romas, & each plant looks to have at least 50 green maters. Should still be a good harvest come fall....

Barbie, congrats on the Moose! Always fun to get a new fur baby :D Kathleen, hope you get your email straightened out. CArol, piece of cake for me to eat a whole cake! That's why I never have them in the house :roll: Crikey, someone brings sweets to my house, I eat "nothing but" until they're gone :twisted: :lol:

Y'all have a great day & be safe always! 8-)
carolb

Re: Thursday after being MIA

Postby Colliemom » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:24 am

G'mornng Carolb and everyone,

I know just what you mean about wanting to get to work when daylight arrives Carol. Same here. I'm ore of a morning person and by mid afternoon, time t knock it off for the day. Glad the garden is coming along, should keep you busy right into fall.

Sitting here looking out at a nice calm lake this morning. Nice weather forecast on agenda. Spent yesterday afternoon on a cruise of the Marquette harbor. Beautiful. What a different perspective of the city and the surrounding mountains, forests etc. I highly recommend this to anyone tourting the U.P. Sorry no pictures and my camera is off to camera graveyard :roll: . Need to find a new one which I've been planning anyway.

Barbie, congrats on the Moose. When you first posted it, I thought you meant you had a real moose of the loose in your apt. complex :lol:

Not sure what's on the agenda here today. Might take Sassy and go camera hunting and then down to the lakeshore in Marquette again. It's such a beautiful place. Marquette is blessed to have at least 7 miles of public beaches and shoreline open to the public here not to mention the bike/walking trail that runs for 14 miles along he lakeshore as well. Certainly a gem with Presque Isle park being the crown jewel.

Hope you all have a wonderful day wherever it leads you.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:24 am

Good morning carolb and sue... and everyone else
nice cool morning here.. with peeks of sunshine
look in the garage yesterday... after moving stuff around
getting rid off some stuff for the garbage man today
Its not as bad as I thought the rest will just have to wait until yard sale day
this morning I am patching a few cracks and holes in the hallway... have to wait for that to dry
since it is cool I think I will go chop down my dead butterfly bushes... my sister just texted me
she wants to come up around 2 so we can work on quilting and sewing.. well all for me so
Have a fun day and stay safe. donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Redetotry » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:52 am

Good morning, Another lovely cool one here today. Carolb I wish I could trade you some of my ability to resist sweets (I can make a slice of cake/pie last several days) for a little of your energy! I'm glad Barbie posted the link to the cake CArol fell victim to, it sounds good and easy to make.
When I took Toby out this morning there was a deer standing right by the side of the garage watching us. It didn't move until we got fairly close then just strolled a little farther out in the yard. Seems like there are a lot more of them this year especially around our neighborhood. :(
Need to get motivated quick, I have 2 people coming for hypnosis today and I see the vacuuming in my day.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:56 am

good morning :D
nice sprinkle this morning so sitting outside was minimal but I have things to do today anyway and need to get to it.
Dishes to be done, laundry to do, vacuum up the kitty hairs and dust. And of course there are other chores too but I
do have a few minor projects on my schedule. Did get the big shelf in the livingroom mostly finished. At least for now
it can be used again for the litterbox and feeding the cat.
Shopping online for curtains but didn't see what I wanted, will have to make my own, a project for later on.
Guess I better make this short as I've used 75% of my data and I still have almost two weeks to go. No more videos on
facebook for awhile and no more googeling either cause it eats up data.
Ya'll have a great day and be safe, I'm off to get the dishes done.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:58 am

Good Morning !! Rainy time here, went to sleep with it raining, woke up to it raining. Which is ok for today, tomorrow NOT. I have a friend driving from Lakeland tomorrow to spend the day with me. She mentioned several things we might do, so I'm really looking forward to her visit. She' s a friend of over 55 yrs so we always have a great time together, no matter what we do. Hey, I finally have some news !!!!! :lol: :lol:

I shall tidy up in here, I tend to leave things out and handy :roll: but in the way if another person is here. Things I need to carry back and forth to DD's every other week, never get put away, think I need to put them in their place for Margie's visit, then hope I don't forget to pull them back out next Mon.

Need to get busy here, wishing you all a Safe but super day,
CArol :)

Wondering if I'm going to get this posted :D BJ, then Ava, good morning to you both., trying again :lol:
Carolinagal

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:00 am

The boys have come. The boys have gone. All my stuff is now in the "new" house in a jumble of cartons. I had forgotten just how fast 30-year-olds move and how strong they are!

It was such a delight having them here together. That doesn't happen often. Lovely.

Now I'm going to the lake for a long weekend of doing nothing. Towards the end of next week I'll bring Kit to our new home and pick up on the trailer project!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:25 pm

We've had a couple of unusually pleasant weather days as the cooler/dryer air arrived in north AL Tuesday night. One more nice day before the heat/humidity return.

I've decided to wait a while longer before making decision on a different RV that has better sleeping arrangement for me and the CPAP. Just too many more urgent expensive things demanding money right now to spent anything extra for time being.

More discouraging news for niece who is battling cancer. Oncologist cancelled todays treatment after seeing her. She has become extremely bloated and oxygen levels have dropped dangerously. She is on oxygen now and he has scheduled a heart test for her tomorrow as he thinks this may be congestive heart failure. appointment with cardiologist will follow test. No plan for what next until those results are available.

A few errands this afternoon and maybe a stop at farmers market; want some more tomatoes. I have one plant in pot with 3 tomatoes, one just beginning to turn color. Am hoping the raccoons have not noticed the plant; they got more than I did last year.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:36 pm

Sarah, sooo sorry to hear niece has more problems and that cancer treatment is postponed again !!, Hopefully this is just another one of those stumbling blocks that gets in the way at times. Sure hope you're taking care of yourself, sure don't need you sick and those two nieces rely on you, so you gotta stay well.

Glad you had some cooler days, didn't really hit here but the rain sure did !!

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby chalet05 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:42 pm

Good Morning,

Carolb, I wish I could pick some things from your garden!!

CArol, I have an 'old' friend like that and we pick up right where we left off the last time we visited!!

Sarah, sorry to hear about your niece.

Sue, I am contemplating getting to the UP again next summer - with a reunion in Kansas and one in Washington State, not sure I'll make it.

Staying in Alaska and holding out for better weather was certainly worth it yesterday as we did an all day boat tour into Kenai Fjords NP. Absolutely awesome!! Humpback whales, puffins and glacier letting go of a few pieces of ice.

I'm running late this morning and the plan is to go to the Sealife Center in Seward. Clouds are low this morning so not sure we'll see sun.
Anita
chalet05

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Sarah, sorry to hear about this latest setback with your niece. How old is she? Will keep her in my prayers.

Another beautiful day here! Sunny, 78 and dry! But heat and humidity coming back after the weekend.

I have Saturday off. Have two people coming to my dads for my kayak and cartop carrier in the afternoon. Hopefully they will actually show up! :roll:

Heard a rumor that my apartment complex may have new owners soon, so maybe we will get a nice new beach soon! Hope there are good changes around here, not that there is really anything wrong with this place. It is very nice here. I put in a request for a studio apartment if one comes available. They all face the lake and I am not fond of listening to road noise in here all the time. It's even louder if I open the windows at all. :x The studios are a pretty good size with a separate sleeping area with large closet. That would also save me some money.

The Moose is doing good so far. He still plays a little rough with Chelsea but I think he will settle down. He's just a big ol' bouncin' baby boy!! :lol: He and Lola Kitty met, touched noses and walked away like, "eh, whatever...". So that is good.

This weekend is our annual Spirit of the Lakes festival in town. Lots of fun things going on, so will try to check some of it out on Saturday. Fireworks Saturday night, too. Will be good weather for it.

Have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Thank you. My niece is only 47 and she has been fighting this since last Sept.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:28 pm

I'm late getting on the computer today. This morning my DH called a horse trainer friend that's at a rodeo in WY to get the phone number of a doctor he rides a horse for. Got in touch with the doctor and he worked DH in this afternoon. His office is in Opelousas which is about 60 miles from here. Not as far as Baton Rouge. When we got there we thought what have we gotten into. His office is in a old house(and I mean OLD) that he shares with a meat market. If there were any new furnishings in there I didn't see them. Thank goodness our fears were unfounded. We learned more in an hour than we have learned from the 2 doctors my DH has been seeing, one of them since 2006. He reminds me of the old time vets. We should have been looking for a cowboy doctor to begin with. :lol: We had 2 cowboy adjusters from NM when our house flooded and they helped me with our claim. I didn't have a clue about how to go about that.

The temperature was nice today, the mid 80's. We could see black clouds around us but we never did get into any rain. Right now it's thundering but I don't know which way the rain is going.

CarolB, I have used the Terro bait trays for ants before and I swear by them too. I'm just afraid to put them where one of the cats or dog could get ahold of one. If they have it in another form I have never seen it.

I wish I was as ready to get on to projects as you are when the sun is up. I can put things off and off.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee