COOL DOWN WED.....

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

COOL DOWN WED.....

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:46 am

Good morning all...nice weather cool down here...
great for working....not much going on here..same old
working on house and last of down sizing...might be
in the garage today since its not so hot...still playing
around with quilting when done working for the day
have a fun day and be safe...donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Re: COOL DOWN WED.....

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:34 am

Good Morning Everyone !!! Maggie and I, are home for the week. Yesterday was kind of a rest day. I did bake a cake though. :roll: No one to share with, so guess I will have to eat it all :cry: :lol: Its angel food with the fruit in it, sooooo good. Calories are supposed to be less and of course the fruit makes it good for you doesn't it ? :o I am wondering though, if you eat the whole thing yourself, what happens ;) besides the fact you gain those so few lbs. back that you've lost :D

Plan to get things all put away, if I don't do today, might as well leave out until we go again :D Maggie and I, walked up to front of CG yesterday to pay our rent and she got lots of loving, she ate that up , of course. Always someone to visit with up there that time of day, so we stayed for a short time. She seemed to make the trip ok, but really slow coming back. While in office, I picked up a couple of DVD's that you can just take and watch and then return. I have never used my DVD player in here, so that, I hope will be a good learning experience. Otherwise, I can forget watching these two movies. My GS showed me how all my tech stuff worked in here , and hoping it all comes back to me, but right now, can't think of a thing on how that part works. :oops: And he is off to the army, besides I kind of hate to let him know I don't remember a thing he told me :oops: :o

We are having some terrible storms with lots of rain each day and they are threating that it all will start much earlier today. We do have a nice breeze coming in, that's been a long time since that has happened. Rambling here and before storms do get here, I must get my hair washed. Its getting longer then I like wearing it and no small chore to do the deed now, in other words its a real pain in the neck :D Oh to be able to operate my own wheels and do my own thing, when I need too and want too.

Wishing you all a great day, those who need rain, praying you get it, those who already have too much, know you'd love to share.
Those traveling, stay safe, and enjoy your trip,

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Colliemom » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:44 am

Morning Donna and all who follow,

Yes, this cool down is great for working whether inside or out. I at the moment don't have any work to do and it's been kind of nice. Only because I am in the Upper Peninsula at the resort I usually stay at. It's been very cool up here, only 52 yesterday and the wind made it feel much colder, more like September or even early October. But warm temps are on the way again they say. Not that it matters to me.

Had an exciting day yesterday in that I saw my first Upper Peninsula moose. :D And she had a calf with her no less. Was just off the side of the highway while I was on my way home from shopping. Needless to say it created a mini traffic jam as people pulled off to take pictures and watch. She didn't seem to mind either. And of course my camera was back here :roll: Oh well, some things are better put to memory.

Hope the bad weather that went through the northeast didn't affect any of you out that way.

Not sure what's on today's agenda yet. Might go on a harbor cruise or may wait till Friday on that. Shall decide in a while. In them eanitime, everybody have a great day, keep cool if you are in hot weather and travel safe if on the road. :)

CArol, see you posted same time as me. Boy, life is getting really hard when one has to decide if one is going to eat a whole cake by one's self :lol:
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby avalen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:50 am

good morning ladies :D
loving the storms we get everyday, but then I'm not the one getting the worst of it, that seems to hit other parts of town.
I could eat a whole cake by myself, not at one sitting though. But most of the time I cut it in half and freeze the other
half so after I'm "caked out" the rest doesn't get stale sitting there. I like cake when its fresh and to me thats about two
days of eating cake. Then one day when I'm wishing I had some cake I just pull it out of the freezer and when its thawed
its just as fresh as day one. :D
About time to run to the store and get a few errands done. Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:41 am

What kind of fruit is in that cake, Carol? Sounds yummy! Love angelfood cake!

I have a Moose on the loose! :shock:

Just came home with my new little (not!) ferret named Moose. For being only 4 months old, he is HUGE! But he seems to be a sweetheart so far. Very energetic and bouncing off the walls! :lol: Have only introduced the ferrets thru the cage bars so far. (Lola kitty is hiding in the bedroom for now :roll: ). Need to give them time to get used to each other. He has his own cage for now but will eventually have them both in Chelsea's cage since hers is larger. I will post pics of him once he slows down long enough to take one! :lol:

Off to work shortly. Another nice cool day here. Feels more like September but I like it!

Have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:53 am

Barbie, pineapple and madaran oranges, Beth posted in recipe thread ages ago, I absolutely love it and make it sometimes often, sometimes not :lol:

Yes Sue life is so hectic, decisions, decisions :roll: Ava, I THOUGHT of freezing half, :o it did take two days to finish it off . I really needed a fix, BAD, couldn't help myself, good intentions were no where in sight !!! :o :D

Dear Fat cells , Please forgive me !!!

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:17 pm

GOOD MORNING!!!!!

IMac broken. Not able to post. Kindle is hard to use.

Have a great day.
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Gentleladybear » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Okay, I see "Cool Down Wed...." I am thinking someone had a cool down wedding? Then find out you are just talking about the weather...I was up for some juicy details. :lol:
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:57 pm

I found it! Will have to try it soon!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=178
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee