It's Saturday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It's Saturday!

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:12 am

Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

For those of you still in the working world, it's another weekend from the grind and free to do whatever you please, hopefully. For those of us who are retried, it's another day of the week to enjoy.

Irmi, hope you get a few days free from the estate closing process. Been there done that. Always something needing to be done it seems. Hope it continues to go smoothly for you. Ava, I had a little bump taken off my nose about 3 years ago, and no issues with that at all, so hopefully yours will be the same. CArol, if you happen to pop in on here, you have a PM for you from me :) Donna sounds like she's making progress slow but sure. Carolb keeping busy.

Heading off to the farmer's market in a bit here. Fresh strawberries are in and I'm stocking up. Also MI blueberries from the southern part of the state are now coming in too. Not a good as the one's mom nature has, but when hers aren't ready, you take what you can get. Don't know if this will be a good blueberry year of not.

Am starting to pack up stuff so I can head back into U.P. on Monday for another week. Not taking the TT, will be staying at resort this time. Parks are busy and weather is going to be rather chilly as well. Heard there is a "polar vortex" coming in again :roll: Temps are supposed to nosedive 10-20 degrees below normal.

Soon as I get to the store and get some cereal, there will be some available for breakfast along with fresh strawberries if anybody wants to stop by. Hope you all have a wonderful day out there today.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: It's Saturday!

Postby Irmi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:36 am

Good morning Sue & everyone!

Sue, I hope you have a great week in the U.P. That's on my wish list and after things slow down some here, hopefully I can meet you there.

Today is moving day at my Dad's house. I can't imagine emptying the house in one day, but we'll see how it goes. On a good note, the weather is going to be nice with warm temperatures and lots of sunshine. Here's wishing everyone a good day, wherever you are or doing.
Irmi

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:17 am

Good Morning from stormy Normal... big thunder and much rain over night... makes this old body hurt something awful...
I thought I would take a break from coffee this morning and have green tea with mango and peaches... I am not a tea drinker but this is surprisingly very good... will share and also have fresh strawberries and blueberries...
Irmi this will be a very challenging day for your family... so many memories...
Sue you will be soon out and about in the UP... that should be a fun time...
Time for a tea refill....
Sending happy thoughts to all...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:50 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Not sure what the day will bring but MOM's home so this ole Gram is off duty !!! YAY. !!! They are good kids but so full of energy which is great BUT :lol: Monday eve their Dad will pick them up and I'll go back to the RV. Just realized rents due again and I hope 2 days late is not going to freak them out or cause me a late fee, woke up with this thought, not a great beginning to a day :roll:

Irmi, thinking of you today, been there and ...... Sue, got your MSG on FB and did get into my PM and will answer soon ok ??? Miss being notified in email. Kathleen, sorry weather is causing you so much pain, ole Arthur gets ahold of me at times down here with all this rain and stormy weather but always worse in cold weather.

Dr visit wasn't that bad yesterday, about all he did was chat and write out prescrp. The worst part was nothing before blood work that always makes me grumpy. I survived and all set for another 6 months which hopefully will see eye surgery over with and me my own person again and able to do what I want or need to when I Want too !! each day seems harder to deal with. :(

The rest of the family are up, guess I should go and see what's happening for today. Hope you all have a great week end with nice weather for your plans, Those on the road safe travels and decent weather is my wish for you all ,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:05 am

Good mornin' ladies & all that follow. Yes, I've heard about the polar vortex coming this week also Sue, caused by the typhoon I heard. I'm looking forward to it. I don't handle humid weather well anymore, so I know how you feel Kathleen.

Good luck on the move out today Irmi - sad day I'm sure, but one task you'll probably be glad to be over with. Moving anything is no fun, especially this type of move out.

CArol - yea! Know you love the little ones, but Gram needs a rest now & to take to the road (maybe?).

Kathy (GingerK)how is your Mom doing? Hope everything is OK.

Glad to see Lori poppin in & out. Still waiting for Spinner update on meeting a new 4-legged cousin :D Glad that everything seems to be doing OK for Lori & the Sultan.

Have a good day everyone, and if on the road, stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby gingerK » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:10 am

Soggy Saturday would be my choice of titles for today. Up early and out cuz I'm overbooked this weekend. Of course, I'm soaked from trying to walk dogs in the rain and didn't bring my raincoat.

My car went kaput yesterday, transmission. I had such good luck with my first two Jeeps but this one must be a lemon even if it's black on the outside. So I'm driving the pickup with my tc on board. Bet everyone around town is wondering what the heck I'm doing!

Sue have a great trip to the U.P.

Kathleen, I'm achy too when the weather gets like this.

CArol, sounds like you will get a breather from the GKs. I don't have any of my own, but when my cousin comes over with hers they sure wear me out.

Irmi I hope things go smoothly with cleaning out your Dad's house. That's such a huge job, and always filled with emotions.

Just finished my second breakfast, Nutella toast and a glass of milk. There's plenty of toast left if you want some.

Good day and be safe,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby avalen » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:27 am

good morning :D
the super moon was pretty awesome and it made it seem like lights were on in the house when I went to bed. Kinda
gave me a chuckle.
Cutting boards for the shelf today and then I'll have to get the vacuum cleaner out and clean up the sawdust. I prefer
to cut outside but inside is cooler :D
Nothing else is going on in my neck of the woods. Ya'll have a great day, be safe and enjoy. Hope you have good weather.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby grammaann » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:33 am

Good Morning. Everyone seems to be up and attum this morning. I'm still moving slow from last weekend. I suspect I'll soon have to see an orthopedic dr about my knees. I'm putting it off as long as possible.

I'll head to my sisters (near Lubbock) Monday. her second eye surgery is scheduled for Thursday. I'll need to pick up her drops and start them on Tuesday. She did very well last time, but it takes her a little while to be able to remember which drops to use and how often pots surgery. She has slight dementia but does live alone with a son who checks with her daily. His house is only a few blocks from her little appt.

I'm thinking I may stop in Weatherford and pick up 1/2 bushel of peaches if they are still available. That will give us a little something to do while there. We may try to make some jam in small jars to use as gifts at Christmas time. Her money is severly limited, and home make things are always a special gift.

OK, best hush and get busy. I'll visit when I get a chance.
grammaann

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:38 am

No cough syrup last night, but a bit of a cough this morning, so took a tiny bit of cough syrup. Glad the horrible coughing is over with. Got one more antibiotic to take tonight.

I am off this morning to see one of my favorite museums--Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, MT. It rained last night, which was nice, but nice and sunny this morning. Going to only be in low 70s so should be a good day for anything.

Sue, I think I am going to spend some more time in Michigan next summer, so keep your eyes out for campgrounds you know I would like--need electric, space, and cell service for teaching. I found one really nice one at the Soo. It is a city park with electric right on the river so I can see boats going by and bike to various places in town. Maybe we can get together for a couple of camping days, or even have a GTG. I still want to go to New England, but will wait until August so the crowds will start going down.

Judy
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:20 am

Slept in late again. :roll: Have the day off but no plans yet.

Yesterday morning I was supposed to make up my golf game with my partner but woke up to thunderstorms, so we will try again for tomorrow evening. Got 1 1/2 inches of rain yesterday morning so that brings the lake back up at least 2 inches again. Everyone is chomping at the bit for the lake to get back down to a certain level to get rid of the "no wake" restriction, so they can have fun in their boats and jet skies before the end of the summer. Still have about 5 inches to drop yet.

After work last night, I met my friend Steve at a local bar for a drink. He then got a call from his mom about his ill dad and had to leave. I stuck around to listen to the band, but then two drunk gals came over! They were nice but very drunk and wouldn't leave me alone, so I snuck out when they weren't looking. I was really tired anyways and wanted to get to bed.

Will probably just stay home today and get my kitchen unpacked and cleaned up. Supposed to be more thunderstorms later today, and hot and humid. Then a cool down. Only 67 for a high on Monday.

Something bad must have just happened nearby, just saw 4 police cars and a fire truck flying by with lights and sirens on. :shock: Now an ambulance...and another fire truck... :(

Have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:19 pm

I'm ready for the polar vortex to get here. lol I don't find that our summer has been as hot as it could be yet. Sometimes it gets to 104. I don't know how people can stand 118. The humidity is so hight that you don't have to do anything outside to be soaking wet. I still have to get some things out of my motorhome so I can bring it to the shop Monday. Think I'll plug it in so I can run the air conditioner.

It has rained so much that the ants are trying to move their nests up on the slab. My DH had me looking for ant spray this morning. It seems like I buy some every week and when we want some I can't find any. If I was looking for wasp spray all I would be able to find is ant spray. :roll:

Annie is feeling better this morning. The vet started her on antibiotics and treated her for dehydration. I saw her drink a couple of times and eat a little. He said he would call me today with the results of the blood work.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:16 pm

118 is almost bearable if there is really low humidity and there is a breeze. I have hiked in 110 before in the desert but that was really pushing it. I would rather have that, than 98 and high humidity. I hate walking out the door and being instantly drenched in sweat, and unable to breathe very well because the air is so thick.
We have only had one 90 degree day here so far (3 days ago) so it has been a cooler summer than normal (nice!) but that has been offset by all the rain we've had (not so nice :x ).

Hope Annie is going to be OK!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby gingerK » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:30 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Yesterday morning I was supposed to make up my golf game with my partner but woke up to thunderstorms, so we will try again for tomorrow evening.

Barbie, this morning while walking dogs who live next door to a golf course, we watched golfers playing in the rain!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:22 pm

I hate playing in the rain. No fun at all :(

Thunderstorms are a whole different thing! Just asking to be struck by lightning with a metal rod in your hand! :shock:

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee