Sleepy Saturday ?

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sleepy Saturday ?

Postby BayouLady » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:37 am

WHERE IS EVERYONE ??????

Bosses brought in some Mexican food for everyone yesterday and I snatched some leftover tortillas, black beans and salsa on the way out ~ its Breakfast Burritos time.

Did manage to cut the front yesterday before the clouds dropped a serious downpour on us so this weekend will be all about cleaning this house and study time. Laundry is in process and getting ready to go turn on the grill.

Wishing everyone a sunshine filled day, smooth roads and level camping pads.

Bonnie
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Re: Sleepy Saturday ?

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:50 am

Good morning Bonnie and all... beautiful sunny day here today loving it
no rain.... I'm posting from my phone so please excuse any order checks and
typos.... I have almost run out of data on my computer so I am left with this slow slow cranky old droid... it's only a 3G .... not going to be painting this weekend on the kitchen hurt my back a little
going to let it rest up a little doing the laundry doing the dishes and other such house chores.
Went to a few yard sales with my sister She is now able to get around with a cane and a brace on her knee .... all I found was a little bit of material for my quilting stash and a glass bottle for my iced tea container... well I guess I'll go get busy with my chores lol
Have a fun day and stay safe..donna
grammynmaggie

Postby gingerK » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:00 am

Good morning ladies,

Humid today with more rain expected later and temps in the upper 80's. Not good for being outside.

I will be cleaning up the camper today, getting things back in order after my quick trip on Thurs./Fri. I didn't want to come home! We boondocked in an area of my club that people rarely use. Plenty of shade, a nice breeze and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Friday morning we walked down to the boat ramp at the lake and let her dog go swimming. 7 yrs. old and he's never gone swimming before! I don't know why we've never let him; we have camped here several times. I took pics but they're on her camera.

Time to get going before it gets too hot to work outside in the TC. Have a great day everyone.

Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:53 am

Good Morning and yes I can double what Kathy said... humid here makes it hard even for Shadow to be outside... I have the air set on 80 and it still feels hot inside...
Paid bills this morning... hard job on iMac... lol
Dishes buzzing away in the dishwasher... soon that will be a memory when I am gone to Mi... when I am home I use scads of dishes when I am gone I use very few!
Counting the days for Lizs visit... very excited here...
Not sure what plans my daughter has for the upcoming holiday but always know I am invited... feels so good...
Me and My Shadow need to do laundry and other things today
Hope all are having a good day... those in pain and heartache know you are cared for and prayed for especially Irmi and Nan...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:58 am

Good morning gals! Sunny right now but storms are supposed to be rolling in soon with more heavy rains today and tomorrow :roll:

Still lots of flooding all over, and now they are warning people not to let their dogs swim in the lakes because with all the high water and runoff, there is a serious algae bloom that is very toxic to dogs. One family last week had their golden retriever swimming out for a tennis ball, he came back to shore, fell over and died, just like that! Pretty serious stuff! I won't be swimming any time soon!

Almost have the old apt finished. Will get that finally done tonight! Then I can relax a little and have fun unpacking and decorating my new place!

Off to work now...Have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby cnq50b » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:26 am

Good morning Bonnie, Donna, Kathy & all those who follow,
We have a fantastic grey day here - I'd love to get a good storm but they seem to be breaking apart as they near Kansas City. :( (We're not in a flood situation like others are so some rain would be nice)
Already out at 6AM for a morning walk with Sadie while it was cool - gosh, I love overcast & breezy days. :D

Bonnie, I'm not much of a drinker but since my son married a girl whose family is from Mexico, I have learned how to take a tequila shot. :lol: :lol: Thankfully one of her aunts prefers Moscatto so she & I have bonded over that.
Sue, lots to consider about buying & selling your place... hopefully the right decision will be obvious to you. Mom loved moving - said she could box up & be ready to go in less than a day - and she could!!! I'm not that well organized. She even bought a house at a garage sale!!! And it wasn't even for sale yet!
Irmi, glad you & Carolb are together - she is a gift to this group, isn't she!
CArol, you have every right to brag!! Your DD has quite the track record - way to go!
Barb, so glad you're nearly done with the old & can start making your new place your own.
And Nan, continued prayers for you & your daughter.

Well, I'd better get moving.
Take care!
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby avalen » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:58 am

good morning ladies
well, I had to disconnect for a couple days to get my brain straight again. Between some stresses that I have going and trying to keep my budget straight.....well, I just found myself in a rut. I still have some stresses but at least I'm thinking clearly
again. I didn't totally disconnect, I checked in a time or two but did break a few habits that became a cycle of doing since
I'm not going to work everyday. Eating out of boredom has become a problem, something I've never in my life had to deal
with. So I am back to scrubbing walls and polishing the cabinets. Doing the bedroom ceiling today and cleaning out along
side of the bed. Have stuff packed there that could go out to the shed, then I can proceed to clean out the storage space
underneath the bed.
Totally enjoying sitting outside every morning, I consider it my think time. Cleaned up the yard, trimmed the oleander
and cut the dead stuff off my geranium. Think I have decided what to do with the side of my deck, did some measuring
and got my tinker blocks out....(my scraps) and I lay them out and sort of "see" what something is going to look like and
I make a plan. Then I make a list of what I need at Home Depot. Works for me. :D
Off to catch up on a few blogs. Ya'll have a great day :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to Morning Coffee