Monday, Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday, Monday

Postby carolb » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:13 am

G'morning all! :)

And another busy day! Nice to see you check in Catherine. Glad you got the "big van" out for some camping...
Lyn, condo living has its benefits. I love my yardwork, but I do think I'm at the age where a riding mower would be nice. :lol: Today, I'll get to HarBor's roof, then hopefully get the awning back on him.

No other news/thoughts this a.m. Guess I need more coffee :roll: Y'all have a great day & be safe 8-)
carolb

Re: Monday, Monday

Postby dayspring39 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:27 am

Good Morning Carolb and everyone else... Bonnie Carolyn has one she got a while back they have had the buy one get one for quite a while now. You may find out from her how she likes it.
The weather is turning hot this week with higher humidity... we have had perfect weather so far this June...
Got up early to get laundry done and check out the forum news...
My daughter Margie will stay with me tonight... it was such a hassle taking things for me and Shadow over to her house...
If anyone is dreading cataract surgery do not fear it is painless... just have to keep the charts straight for the drops...
Oh Carolb I do not like yard work... my husband had a beautiful yard a little over grown with plants though!
Me and My Shadow hope everyone has a great day!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Redetotry » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:12 am

I think I need to start the morning over. Since it is breakfast I won't go into details but just will say, locking a dog in the bedroom with you does not mean he will wake you if he needs to go out :( I haven't figured how to teach Toby to bark when he wants to go out instead of standing at the door waiting for me to notice him. He will however bark when he wants back in. :? Neither Andy or Winnie bark to go out so it's not like he can learn from their example. How come dogs learn some things so easy and other things they just look at you like, hummm that doesn't seem necessary.

My idea of yard work is picking flowers :) or texting the man who does the yard to come mow. DH bought a really swell Neuton lawn mower that you just plug into a battery to charge, it is really quiet and he can do most of the 2 lots on one charge. But, a couple of years ago he decided taking care of the flowers was all the outside exercise he wanted.

I think our cool weather is over for awhile Kathleen, it is going to be summer this week the weather man says, but it has been a lovely, cool spring so far. I hope your eye surgery goes well today. Carol, hope your brother is going to help you with the awning. I had Elsie washed and waxed last week and she sure looks much better. I've never had the awning out though so no telling what it looks like. Think I'll just leave it as a mystery.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 am

Good morning all...today starts the heat wave...ugh
been such nice weather here so far...starting on the
house today...rv will get fixed a week from today...
i better get busy before it gets to hot this afternoon
did make a blog post this morning if you want to check
have fun day and stay safe...
donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby avalen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:15 am

good morning :D finally, after all the setbacks, I've got the decking, although I had to go to two different Home Depots as
my regular one didn't have enough of good ones and the shipment wasn't coming in till the end of the week. Will start painting
them tomorrow as today is shot and already getting hot. Pictures coming soon :D
Nothing else is going on here, I don't do the heat so I'm in for the day watching metv. Had peanut butter n jelly for breakfast
and now watching old episode of Danial Boone. Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby sharon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 am

Screwing around on the computer all morning instead of getting done what needs to get done. Leaving this morning for the annual Grands trip. Girls decided they wanted to go to Vegas instead of a trip in Hope. Worked out well since the Grand from Arkansas is in town and she can go and help keep the youngers occupied.

Hope everyone here is traveling safe, having fun and being good! Be back in a week, not taking computer.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:12 am

Good morning, all. Am enjoying Colorado and settled into a campground in a Pinion Pine forest--love short trees so I can get satellite! I just have a one-day walk-in site, so I may check out the full-hookup sites at the end of the lake. Such beautiful snow-capped mountains, but the trees prevent me from looking at them here, and I really do like a view. Full hookup sites are more in open so would be able to have a better view. Going to stay here for a few more days since I have good cell service for my new hotspot. Am working my way slowly to Estes Park where next Monday, I will meet up with my Ohio son and his family of three kids, and my California son and his family of two kids. Will be 10 of us, with five kids ages 4-9 for a whole week! (Son has a 26' trailer so we will have lots of sleeping room.)

I stopped in Telluride yesterday. Very interesting place, but wow, has it expanded in the 30+ years since I last visited. They have a free gondola to take you over the mountain to an area of condos, apartments, and shopping. Then you can take another gondola to a convention area with even more shopping. (Hmm. Wonder who paid for all these gondolas?) Anyway, I did not buy anything, but I did enjoy walking around and riding the gondolas for the view!

One really nice thing about Colorado is the nice, cold tap water. Love filling my tanks with it!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:41 pm

I had to set my alarm this morning to bring my car to get the oil changed. Have to set it for about 4:00 tomorrow to bring DH to Baton Rouge. I don't like alarm clocks, I'm retired. It's hot so I couldn't think of anything I wanted to do. Picked up some feed and checked out their orange trees. Last year DH planted 3 orange trees and I fought all winter trying to keep them from freezing but they all died. Every time I have ever planted one we have a bad winter and it dies. I don't know if I want to try again.

BJ, I wonder if you hung a bell by the door and tried to teach the dogs to ring the bell to go out. I'm not much of a dog trainer. We only had a house dog once and he would bark to go out and in. That's why I like cats if they will use the litter box. Now all our cats are good about using the litter boxes. If they just wouldn't throw up on the carpet. That seems to be a requirement.

Thursday thru Sunday I am camping at the local state park with a few women from one of the groups I belong to. Will have to use ice chests again. There isn't much to do over there. I could bring my bicycle but they probably want you to wear a helmet and I don't have one.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Way past morning here.
Our week long rain/thunderstorm period finally ended a couple of days ago. Had some help over the weekend to clean up downed limbs, etc. Only got the back and short side yard done but it is progress. I started on the lower back porch; its done now except for washing it and the furniture down. I finally got around to tossing all the left over pieces of projects out there away - ashamed to admit how long some of it has been hanging around.
Was enjoying coffee on porch early this morning until Nicky caught a chipmunk. Nothing like having to get dead critter from terrier type dog to start the day, especially if squeamish about such which I am. Think I'm running about 50/50 on getting him to "leave it" so at least a little of the training works when he is in the mood to cooperate.
Made it to campground Saturday. Ran generator and defrosted fridge. Tried again to read the tire numbers to confirm recall but not much more luck at that. Need to get back down there and dry fridge and turn it back on plus check a few more things so Magic will be ready for a short trip starting on the 22nd.
Getting hot here again - 93 today.
Have a good one
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Afternoon here, also. Took a ride this morning - just lazy. Spent money I shouldn't have - but it's not on me so it doesn't count, right? Hopefully the person I purchased for will like what will be arriving at her house shortly.

Today and tomorrow are my days off this week - today's the warmest day here so far - could hit 80! I'm happy :) Course, we are supposed to get some rain, also - but I'm getting used to that pretty much daily lol.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Morning was a long time ago, or sure feels like it. I think you all are thinking I'm on a trip, NOT. I'm babysitting my grands several days a week instead. Long story and not mine to spread but DD needed someone quick to be with her children, Dad has whole summer off but ----,

So no trips for me this summer. But as a dear friend used to tell me "you'll be alright". :D Gives me a chance to really know these two, they're good kids and swimming every afternoon after chores are done is fun too.

I'm on my IPad over here so won't write much at a time, one finger stuff doesn't work for me :roll: but will try to post more often. I do read each day.

Wanted to let you all know I'm still around just had to deal with me, is why I've been MIA.

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Late again as usual, but been so busy that I only get on here at night before bedtime.

Was really tired today and kept falling asleep at work when it wasn't busy. Was actually glad when a thunderstorm headed this way this evening and golf was cancelled. Went home and took a long nap. Much needed! Then got up and cleaned my apartment (can't stand coming home from vacation to a messy place!) and got more stuff ready for my trip. Brought my ferret/cat sitter up to show her what to do for the critters while I am gone. She fell in love with Chelsea! Of course, Lola was hiding under the bed. Told this gal she probably won't see much of Lola when she is here.

The storm passed now and there is an awesome sunset!! Looks like fire blazing on the horizon!

Pretty much ready for my trip, just some last minute grocery shopping and packing up the food and loading up the Jeep and I am good to go first thing Wednesday morning! Gonna get to bed early tonight. Still tired :roll: One of the gals at work came in sick yesterday and today, coughing all over, and I felt a tickle in my throat today, so am hitting the Zicam now. Can't afford to be sick!

Will have my Nook with me camping but not sure if I will have any connection up there, so may or may not be on line before next Sunday night.

Good night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee