Busy Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Busy Saturday

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:16 am

Good Morning from the Sunny but chilly 45th.

Was in the 30's this morning, brrrr. Fortunately no frost, but close. Now sun is shining in a clear blue sky after a cloudy, sprinkly and downright chilly day yesterday.

As for me, I woke up at 6 a.m. all bright eyed and bushy tailed and have been busy in the kitchen and elsewhere. Breakfast of bagel and bowl of strawberries in tummy, potatoes and eggs cooked to make up potato salad to take along north with me. Potatoes cut up and in fridge for now. Checkbooks all checked and balanced with online accounts. Will be starting up load of wash and hitting that pile of dishes in kitchen when I get off here. And brown some ground beed for spaghetti sauce while doing that. Also going into TT and turning on fridge. Good morning to day that since it will already be cold in there just from last nights cold air. Will run vac in house and put a few more things in TT. Loaded up yesterday with all food, clothes etc, so down to mostly the stuff to go in fridge, which will happen in the morning. Need to cut grass this afternoon once it dries off, so I don't have a hay field when I get back :lol: Also going to run a couple of boxes of recycles up to the bins up the road a couple of miles. Hope to give the TT a bath too.

Carolb, I suppose you will be back out and at it again this weekend, since you are supposed to have a nice weekend out your way. Ready to head out again? Where to now?

Kathleen, best of luck on your next eye surgery on Monday. I know everything will turn out just fine for you.

Don't remember who else is doing what, but hope you all have a nice weekend. I may or may not be on here tomorrow as not leaving early, only have 3 hour drive. But if not, will get on when I have WiFi available someplace.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Busy Saturday

Postby gingerK » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:33 am

G'mornin' Gals!

Sue, I'm going to start calling you "Busy Bee"-you sure can pack a lot in your days! Have a great trip!

Just got home from working; two lovely horses and a wonderful dog. Spent some time just hanging out with the dog, Raven, as she's missing her family. This evening I start with another 2 horses on top of the others so I'm going to be up to my neck in cleaning stalls LOL!

Not much else going on here. DH went off to breakfast with some friends and wants to go to a car show tonight which I can't make because I'm working. Oh well, there's always another car show right now.

I've decided I need to start clearing out a lot of the clutter I've accumulated in my house and barns. And I need to make a list of projects that I want to do but never seem to remember to get done-maybe if I list them all I'll get them worked on. At least that's what I hope!

Breakfast here was cinnamon toast and coffee, there's some left so help yourself. I have more stalls to clean; my own this time!

Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby grammaann » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:01 am

Good Morning. Just sitting here finishing my bowl of cereal and mug of coffee. Granddaughter will be coming this morning to finish moving. Supposed to have some friends to help her with the big couch and chair. Then I'll start soon on repainting that room and getting it back to a guest room. Just waiting for nephew to come check out the little MH. I'm not going to do much in there until fall and cooler weather.

Sue you have already given me 2 or 3 great ideas. My bath looks much like yours, and I need some place close to shower to put towels. I'll be measuring space above toilet to add shelves. And I definitely will do the range cover. If I cook it will be outside or microwave.

Cup's empty. I'll check in again later.
grammaann

Postby BayouLady » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:40 am

Good Morning! The birds are chirping and it's a beautiful morning!
Sue, I wish you could send some of the cold air here because I know I'll be sweating later.

Kathy, what kind of horses do you have? I've thought about getting a horse, but I know I don't have the time so I just admire them in the parades and when I see them running on the levee.

Early breakfast here of eggs, sausage and hash browns. I love weekends when I have time to cook up something good.

Kathleen, prayers being said for successful surgery.

Everyone have a great day and Happy Fathers Day to anyone that plays both roles.

Bonnie
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:10 am

Good Saturday to everyone... busy is right for so many early birds!
Thank you for the kind words Sue and Bonnie; Monday can't come soon enough... this is a simple surgery for the left eye cataract. My eyes are not working together because of the contrast in eyes... all is well here...
I finally got my little solar fountain going yesterday... love it... my girlfriend says they make her want to go p...
Margie said we need to get my things back in the MH next week... that will be nice as I will need it in Aug and then again in Oct... have not looked at the GTG thread in a while... anyone near Illinois in Oct would love to have you join us...
Coffee got cold while I was reading... time to fix another cup...
Me and My Shadow wish you all a great day...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby avalen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:41 pm

good morning :D
seems odd the morning is almost over and I'm just now posting but hey ya know I had to make use of the cool morning to get the deck upright. Picked up son, we got all the uprights in place and stabilized with screws. Now I can pick up the decking,
more screws and add some screws to the part we already did. I was low on screws so just had him put in two on the corners and one on the inside knowing I can add screws later. But by 8:30 I was wiped out and had to go inside and cool off before
taking him back home. But I am pleased with the frame out, accommodated the door and window and cleared the other little
doors and side lights. Tomorrow morning I'll go to home depot and start getting my decking. I can hardly wait but certainly
not going out again today. But we're getting there ;)
Going to go catch up on blogs and see what ya'll are doing. Love reading them and seeing your pictures of so many cool and
green places. :D
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Way past morning here in Inuvik. Slow connection so no blog posts. We are going out for Arctic Char dinner - seafood I had never heard of. Then will tour the community greenhouse. Mass at Igloo Church tomorrow and then head south. Wildfire we saw earlier this week crossed the highway 2 days ago but no report since.

Very cold and wet but to improve tomorrow.
Anita
chalet05

Return to Morning Coffee