Its FRIDAY ~ Where is everyone ?

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Its FRIDAY ~ Where is everyone ?

Postby BayouLady » Fri May 30, 2014 6:40 am

This has been one hell of a week, the system that we can get sales numbers for our salespeople at work has been in and out, not good for the last week of the month when they need to know what they have to sell to make numbers, yes, I know they should not wait til the end to sell, but sometimes that happens. Oh well, enough on work!

Just booked our third camping trip, Fountainbleu State Park, Louisiana, if anyone would like to join us for a weekend, just let me know and Ill send ya the site and dates. I know some of you like the freedom of no reservations, but I am a planner, but there are a few spots that you can not reserve, it is first come/first serve only.

Second cup of coffee down, time to get ready for another fun day at the cave and a busy weekend ahead!

Safe travels for all on the road :)
Last edited by BayouLady on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Re: Its FRIDAY ~ Where is everyone ?

Postby dayspring39 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:09 am

Good Morning everyone... another summer like day in Normal... Bonnie thanks for getting the Friday started...

Well the varmint is hopefully gone. I did not before or now want to find someone. Well maybe to pay expenses and talk to...

I got the emergency button and monitor yesterday. It took forever for him to get it installed then he had to get a new unit. Now it works. It is only for my home and an area outside. That is where I fell over a month ago. Down the steps.

My MH is now back home. Will start a little at a time and put my things back in. Hopefully not so much again. But after several years things do accumulate..

Thinking of Irmi and her family today. Praying for comfort...

Me and My Shadow
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby gingerK » Fri May 30, 2014 8:15 am

Good morning Bonnie and all ladies who follow!

Getting ready to load up for my first camping trip of the year! Yahoo! I will be at Illini SP this weekend. Cheryl is planning on coming out on Saturday to visit with us-Yay! It will be fun.

DH was not very happy to hear I am going away this weekend; seems he's got himself swamped at the shop (his OWN doing, he can't say "no" to anyone) so he was not pleased at the prospect of taking care of my horses and rabbits on top of everything else. So I called my assistant and hired her to do my own animals! Taadahh! Problem solved!

Gonna be a lovely day today if a bit warmer than yesterday. Breakfast was coffee and a bagel with creme cheese. Help yourself, there's plenty left.

Take care all.
Kathy

Ha, Kathleen you snuck in while I was posting! Good morning to you!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Colliemom » Fri May 30, 2014 8:53 am

Morning everyone,

thanks for starting the coffee Bonnie. I was busy going through park reservations to see where and when I can get in for my trip to U.P. So far two parks are okay for my dates, but one is not, so maybe have to rework things a bit. Will do that later today and get those reservations set before things book up.

Thinking of Irmi and her family this morning too. So sorry to hear of your father's passing Irmi, but as you say he is dancing with the love of his life now. Prayers to you and your family.

Am heading out myself this morning. Taking a ride toward Mackinaw City, check out a lake that I have wanted to look over. Area I sometimes think I would like to live in. Need to take a break from working around here anyway.

Posted another round of pictures of my trailer modifications if you are interested. Now to get the thing cleaned and loaded up. Plan to leave in a couple of weeks. Will let you know of my plans when I get dates booked.

So, you all have a wonderful day out there and a weekend coming up to enjoy as well. Have fun on your camping trips Bonnie and Kathy.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby avalen » Fri May 30, 2014 9:23 am

Good morning :D
have been up since 3, and it was so cool outside I opened all the windows and aired the place out. A slight breeze felt
so good. Still working on my projects of course, even got into the shed and got that shelf unit out. Already have plans
to repurpose the wood. Also cleaned out one of my kitchen cabinets and stored away some small appliances I no longer
need or use. I suspect they are on their way to a new home very soon. Have a big load of laundry to do, all the top
sheets I used to cover everything during storage have finally been taken down and will get washed up and stored for
another time.
I'm pretty much on schedule with my deck, next Thursday I'll get over to Home Depot to purchase the decking boards
and I can get it put together. The frameout is ready to put together now but I'm waiting for the decking boards. Also
need to make a couple platforms for steps. I like platforms as compared to just steps as it makes it so much easier to
get up and down.
Have consumed a whole 12cup pot of coffee already, wondering if I'll ever get to take a nap later. :roll: . Better get
busy and work off this caffeine. Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Carolinagal » Fri May 30, 2014 9:36 am

Good Morning, you ambitious ladies on this forum, make me start this day feeling so useless :( ;) Wishing I had the gumption to at least try some of the things you do.
Ava, hope you will post some pictures of your finished deck. Sue, love the things you have done to your TT. Had to go look before posting, so nosey, you know :D

Not much on the agenda here, more storms this afternoon. Nice breeze coming in the windows, which I am enjoying. Should have walked up front and enjoyed the morning chat time, but had some things I wanted to do in here, while still cool. it was a toss up, work won. :roll: Thats how bad I am getting , going totally to pot here :lol: :lol:

Can't get Irmi and her family and their loss out of my mind, such a bad time for those left behind.

Hope you all have a really good day, weather is messing up many situations here and there, so do what you need to , to stay safe.

Those on the road and writing and posting their blogs of travels, THANK YOU

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Othersharon » Fri May 30, 2014 10:10 am

Good morning all. Sue, love what you've done to your TT! It will be so cozy for you. Took my sil and her room mate to the nursery I like the other day, bit of a drive but worth it. When we were leaving the parking lot I decided it was to nice a day to just head home so turned right out of the lot instead of left. That got a "where we going" comment and I just pointed ahead of us and said "that way". So they really didn't have much choice but to go along for the ride! They know that about me :lol: We ended up at Raystown Lake near Huntingdon. I actually haven't been there in years so it was almost new to me too. I didn't realize they had so many camping sites around the lake. So I can see another destination for me...and fairly close to home! And they accept the senior pass so half off sites! Win-win. It's a beautiful area and not far from the actual town of Huntingdon. I asked the gals at the visitors center for a good place to eat, they suggested a place and a couple from Philly heard and endorsed it. Said they go there when they are in the area. So off we went and the Philly couple were there when we got there! Their soup of the day was a mushroom crab combination and it was wonderful. We all had their steak sandwiches and sides, the bill was only a little over $30 for the 3 of us! So very affordable. Afterwards I headed toward home via State College. Did kinda a circle around and only about 140 miles round trip. Never even repeated roads or scenery! A good day. So now I need to get the plants I bought into the ground today! Rain and cool yesterday so this is the day! Will be thinking of Irmi and family today and sending good thoughts their way. Have a great week end and stay safe if you are on the road.
Othersharon

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri May 30, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi everyone it is past morning thought I would drop a note anyway
I spent the night last night at Camp Walmart in Walterboro South Carolina
I have spent the night here before and it's a pretty good place to stay nice and safe
Close the highway but road noise doesn't bother me at all... Today I'm going to look for a State Park Campground And spend Friday and Saturday there.... Not sure which one I will pick
Around Columbia South Carolina... Looks like I have three to choose from... The weather
In Georgia and South Carolina is just as hot As Florida has been in the 90s Right now its only 72 and a very nice break From all that heat... Well I'm off to find my state park
Have a fun day and stay safe..donna
PS... i did get another blog post made if you want to take a look
grammynmaggie

Postby Liz » Fri May 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Feeling blessed to have gotten sites at Bryce canyon NP on a Friday. The first-come, first-serve sites do fill up fast and you've got to time it right to get one. About 9 a.m. was the right time today. People that were leaving left about that time. Birdie and I will be here 4 nights. Tomorrow we are planning a horse/mule ride into the canyon. Didn't get to do that at Grand Canyon, so will try it here to see how I like it. They have both, so don't know if it'll be a horse or a mule. Hoping for mule just because I've never ridden one.

It's a lot cooler here than at Zion.

Just read the news about Irmi's dad. (((Hugs))) to you Irmi and family.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Morning Coffee