MOTHERS DAY ...SUNDAY

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: MOTHERS DAY ...SUNDAY

Postby Carolinagal » Sun May 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi again, catching up on those who came on later, and Beth just have to comment, no power, at least you didn't have to try to make a decision as to whether to open for a short time or not open, the decision was made !!! :roll: :lol:

My day has been made brighter and much nicer by my neighbors. Dad and young girl came over carrying plates of food, a huge Tbone steak, with a couple pieces of fish, baked tator and salad, roll and strawberry pie for Mother's Day. I am feeling really Blessed here, hope you all are having some special happenings on your day too.

Well, back to my crocheting and romance movie :D
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm

surf and turf Carol....sounds delicious I took myself to Burger King now I'm watching Jaws....
grammynmaggie

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun May 10, 2015 6:58 pm

CArol, you have such nice neighbors! Mine didn't bring me anything :roll: .

Was a long, slow day at work today. Between Mother's Day and the fishing opener, and cold, rainy weather, no one wanted to get their hair cut today.

Have a lead on a little pop up tent trailer...will let you all know if it works out!

Frosted my hair the other day and it got really light, which I wanted for summer, but is taking some getting used to. It will tone down a little bit in the next week or so tho.

Have tomorrow off and have a long list of things to do. Will be happy if I get half of it done! Should do some of them yet tonight...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Sun May 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Carolb, you know I didn't think you tripped over all the leashes. :lol: I had delusions of rolling skating until my sister-in-law broke her leg skating and I gave up on doing that. I still have scars from going down an inclined cement drive way when I fell at my Aunt's house. We started out with the metal skates and the skate key. I hated those things because I couldn't keep them on my feet.

I just got back from a weekend at the lake with my sister. It was so windy there were white caps on the lake but we could fish in the cove. The fishing wasn't that good. I got a laugh from watching our neighbors at the campground. They were 2 younger couples in a borrowed trailer. They had a small boat so I think at least one of the men had been fishing before. Yesterday they took the 4 bass they caught and I know they took pictures with them for 30 minutes. They would take turns taking pictures of each other. Then one of them put the fish on the table and stood on the bench taking picture of the fish from above. One of the women couldn't swim and they almost dumped her in the lake trying to load the boat. Today she stayed at the trailer. I had to fight the wind all the way home and I'm pooped.

Some of that snow would have felt good today. It was 90.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee