Lazy Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Lazy Friday

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri May 10, 2024 2:13 pm

Good day gals! (too late for morning, too early for afternoon!)

Well, I probably shouldn't be lazy today. I have a lot to do around here, catching up on housework I have been avoiding. Not feeling too peppy tho. I have been feeling "off" for several days with an acidy tummy and just being tired. Not sure what that is about but I have had this before and it eventually goes away. :roll:

Got some sad news this morning. My neighbor Gloria just told me she is moving out later today to go live with her daughter. It is a good move for her but sad for me since I won't have my second "mom" to go talk to every day or two about things. Luckily tho, her daughter just lives about a mile away so I can go visit her easily. I know her daughter, Liz, and she is very nice. She is my age and a very energetic woman. She has a big house so Gloria will have more room to get around. She is getting a small wheel chair to get around in there. I will sure miss her being next door tho! :(

I have a haircut scheduled for tomorrow morning. I have nothing else planned for the weekend so it will be a good time to get my house back in order so I can get back to some small projects around here that still need to be done.

I discovered just before I took my trip that neither one of my slider doors will lock from the outside. I never lock the place when I leave. I only lock it at night from inside. The keys just don't work right. I will have to look into getting them rekeyed, or replace the lock/handle on them. Can't sell the house without those working. My main front door locks but I never use that door because I keep the cat box just inside the little entryway and close it off inside with a curtain. So I always use the sliders to get in (thru my porch into the livingroom).

I better get going here. Hope you all have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Lazy Friday

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri May 10, 2024 3:18 pm

Good afternoon. I got out and busy early this morning as it is going to be 91 today and 90 tomorrow then 83 on Sunday then we dip back down to the 70's for a few days. I finished planting my strawberrys and put my netting over them to keep the dang birds from eating the fruits from my labor. Planted one tomato plant and will plant the other two tomorrow. It was just too hot out there in the sun. Then I watered everything well. I need to get my drip system tuned up once I decide where I am planting my flower containers. Then need to install the other end of the yard where I already have a couple containers and they will need water. I came in about noon as it was just way too hot out there and nary a breeze. I have been good drinking my water so had to make more ice today now have a gallon bag filled up.
If it cools off this evening I will wash my car it has lots of road grime on it. Had some lunch and now going to rest my aching back.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Liz » Fri May 10, 2024 3:28 pm

Checking in in case anybody read news of storms and damage in north Florida. Both Nan an I are fine. Woke up early this morning to tornado warnings. Got up and fixed us breakfast as we decided what to do. After 2 more phone alarms and
Looking at the radar, we decided to evacuate to the main brick building by the deli. Just before we left the power went out. We grabbed a lantern and rain gear and drove up to the deli. They were without power too. Wind and rain were strong. Village police officer came in and said he passed 2 downed trees on his way. We stayed until the front had passed then went back home. Nan apparently put her CPap on battery and went back to bed. We had a branch down on our newly completed carport roof….finished just yesterday. It did its job. Later learned that at least 5 counties were affected by tornado winds, heavy rain, lightning , hail and power outages. Don’t know when we’ll get power back, but managed to clear a path to get the RV back behind my house and have the refer and freezer hooked up to the rv’s underhood generator.

Found a house generator on Amazon that will be delivered tomorrow. If still no power it can takeover for the RV. That’s if we have gas on hand, because gas stations, stores etc are closed. Will cook an easy dinner in the RV tonight. So glad I still have that capability. (Got to go move the boats out of it first, lol)
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri May 10, 2024 3:44 pm

Wow Liz! I haven't heard about the storms. Glad you all are OK. Good to have that RV for power! Stay safe!

I think Judy just left the panhandle of Florida yesterday for Georgia. Hope all is OK there.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Fri May 10, 2024 4:22 pm

Liz, thank you so much for checking in. I was wondering about how you fared. Glad it's not worse.

After walking Ty this morning I was using the loppers on the inside plant/weed under some other plants. Temp was fine but the sun was getting hotter and I was needing to bend way over. All of a sudden I thought I was going to pass out. So I had to take a break. Karen I totally understand not working until the great of the day! Ginger was coming over to dig up a a couple plants I told her she could have so I waited until she was back to go back. We didn't have the right tool to get into the hard ground under the roots, so she grabbed the lopper and was able to get more of the weed out. Then we visited a while. I have a doctor's appt in an hour so just passing time till I need to leave.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Fri May 10, 2024 4:32 pm

Sheila, point out to your mother that the hospice workers are free!! And they will also start paying for all of her prescriptions!! Plus, tell her that a lot of hospice patients nowadays live past the 6 months, and when they do, they can sign up for another 6 months!!! AND, she can get stronger pain meds from them!! These are all true, but she may not know about these facts.

I did drive through the storms yesterday, but I kept my cell phone on my weather app that includes radar, so I was constantly watching for tornadoes and really strong winds. Luckily, I was kind of following the worst parts of the storms, so did not get into heavy heavy winds. Also, I got to campsite early, and there were two more big fronts that came through in the early and then late evening. Not scary enough to even put in my slides, but the rain was very heavy.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby chalet05 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:12 pm

Liz, thank you for checking in! I had heard storms in the South, but I guess I didn't hear specifics. Maybe I'm glad I won't be going East - that and the cicadas!

Watch says it's 83 here, but my apartment is very cool without the air conditioning. Sun hasn't come all the way around yet to the front. Still waiting for brother's scan results - I have no patience.

The info on hospice in interesting. I get it, but maybe they could sign up the caretaker! :) Beth, you had me worried talking about under plants - my first thought was snake!

E-mail came out with photos of teenage boys misbehaving around basketball court and wanting identities. No problem because I see them walk past taking out trash and another opportunity to stress need for adult supervision around here. Won't do any good until something really bad happens.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Liz » Fri May 10, 2024 8:34 pm

Update: Power came back on about 5:30, right after I cooked dinner in the RV. Still no cable tv, but I can live without that.
Have a blessed evening.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri May 10, 2024 9:06 pm

Well since it is 6:30 and still 90 outside I am not going back out for a bit as planned. I have the AC on for a bit. Beth it isnt just the hot temp for me it is the sun beating on me as what I need to do is in the sun and like you lots of bending over dang it. But will get done. I will work a bit in the morning and then put my other two raised rings together under the deck until it warms up. You be careful heatstroke can sneak up on you. I couldnt even muster up the energy to wash my car...and it is under cover. Oh well.
Got some computer work done this afternoon. Got my direct deposits changed to my other bank and I could do it online. My pension check I had to print out the form, fill it out, and mail it.........geez. I am working on dumping Wells Fargo and that is where I pay my bills from, well my one bill the power bill. But want to wait until all my deposits are moved permanently. Social Security said July that will be fine.

Another issue resolved. I have SiriusXM in my car and they sent me an email saying my promotion was over and my bill would be $29 a month. Hell NO So I called to cancel and they offered me their Platinum plan for $18 a month. Since I have been with them forever, but I said NOPE I dont drive that often anymore except mainly locally or up north or south occasionally. So then they offered me the Music and Entertainment plan for $7..........okay I can do that. I have been with them forever since the early 2000 when it was XM Radio before the merger.
but I was driving lots of long distances and I still never paid much. I also have Spotify and Pandora in this new car if needed and it is free. But I like SiriusXM (just not well enuf to pay $29) so this will work. So I kind of did have a productive day of sorts.

Liz I saw your area on the news this morning and was wondering how you were faring. Glad to hear all is mostly well. I bought a little portable generator last summer when they kept shutting off our power because of wildfire danger. Only really used it once. Power was off for 9 hours but I didnt have it then. So when I got it power was off for an hour once so that is all I have used it other then the half hour of exercising I do for it monthly LOL BUT I have it now. I also put up a couple of good inside Over the Air antennas so I can at least watch tv when the internet is out. I get ABC, CBS. NBC and a bunch of other odd channels so I am happy. I dont have cable or satellite anymore I stream everything and love it. But when the internet goes out so does streaming. I can hotspot my phone but I can always catch up on the shows later on the tv.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Fri May 10, 2024 9:50 pm

Liz, I hadn't watched any news or weather today so hadn't heard about your bad weather. Glad you and Nan are OK. Our RV's can come in handy sometimes. I have had to evacuate in mine too many times.

I went to the lunch with my camping friends. We usually do this about once a month. The kitchenware store had a small cafe inside with a limited menu. The store is big. One lady said that if they didn't have something, you didn't need it. After lunch we looked at some of the stores in the small strip mall. There was a pie store so I got a 4 inch key lime pie. My car said it was 95. I don't think it was that hot but it was hot.

Karen, I had a Sirius XM service for a while when I bought my car. I'm like you, I'm not paying $29 to listen to the radio. Most of the time I don't even listen to the radio. I like the peace and quiet.

I think I got all the cats in tonight. Last night I couldn't remember if Possie had come in and I couldn't find her in the house or outside. I worried about that cat and this morning she was sleeping in the living room. I had looked all over for her.

I think I'll go mow in Maurice tomorrow. We have rain coming Sunday and Monday.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Sat May 11, 2024 12:11 am

I made it to the store... maybe should have stayed at home... spent way too much money... and not all for food :roll: went down the seasonal aisle I've been looking for a bird bath actually wanted a different style of base but it will work for awhile till I actually find what I want... happened to see one of the manager's and asked if they had ever heard of Poppi soda in case they would consider ordering it in but he said he would show where it was and then it wasn't so thought at least I know where to look when he came back with a 4 pack so choose one (darn commercials make them sound so good you want to try them now we will see if it was worth it) and of course it was close to Mother's day so bought a doz roses... I typically get plants for the containers and consider that a Mother's day gift... it was an expensive trip but did get my glasses fixed before I went to the store... the had cat fish so got three fillets as they were small and a few shrimp mom enjoys them so hoping it will taste good to her... unfortunately they have the shells on them last time I fixed shrimp made the cocktail sauce and thought that just doesn't look right decided that it was the horseradish sauce so looked for some not creamed found it
came home and made way too much sauce for spaghetti was going to put it in ziplock bags but they are all but out... I need to get some more or see if dd will pick some up for me and bring it Sunday hopefully that will work I really don't want to go to the store again
I think I've not turned on the dish washer :? come to think about it ... will have to do that before I go to bed...
glad all is well Liz and the planting is going ok ... one does need to not play in the hot sun too long... good that you discovered you slider's don't lock from the outside... and it's good for your friend she was falling a lot... wouldn't she be ok with a walker instead of a wheelchair?
We felt that mom was getting overwhelmed so brother will come Monday before the lady comes again and will try to point out the advantages... and the need for the help they can give...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat May 11, 2024 12:15 pm

Glad to hear from Liz. Was reading about storm. In Northern Florida. I like to watch Florida State softball. Some damage on University.
When my SIL was put on Hospice, I was amazed how easy it was for the nurse to get narcotics. She phoned in the order and they were delivered very shortly.
Judy, glad you made it to your next camp ground safely.
I too thought of snakes when you were talking about digging around plants Beth.
The Northern Lights were fantastic in Washington State. Did they come down as far as Oregon?
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby monik7 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:47 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:The Northern Lights were fantastic in Washington State. Did they come down as far as Oregon?
Lyn

Lyn, the Northern Lights were spectacular here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I can’t wait to go out again tonight to see them.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Return to Morning Coffee