Beautiful Saturday in Florida

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Beautiful Saturday in Florida

Postby JudyJB » Sat May 04, 2024 12:41 pm

Nice and sunny, though I am having problems understanding how it can feel so hot when it is only 78 degrees outside. I am in an extremely nice state park on a peninsula on the Gulf, but i don't understand how people can live is such muggy places. Need a few cold nights, so happy to head north on Thursday!

Evie, I can understand how upsetting your roof "removal" was, but you were very lucky to have Sharon around for help! And funny to think of the four animals being cooped up together. My California son's family with two kids and three cats had to briefly stay with my DILs sister, with her two kids and dog and cats. Next time they had to evacuate, my son stayed home with the cats. He would have evacuated with three cats only if fires got closer.

Being lazy, but am going out for a beach walk in a few minutes. Met a couple with a trike next door and went for a test ride. It is a little heavier than some advertised, so I am going to keep looking.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Re: Beautiful Saturday in Florida

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat May 04, 2024 2:50 pm

Evie no energy here today, Was a very rainy night with a major downpour at 5am for about an hours. Then constant rain for most of the day. Had a great surprise yesterday, my BFF Laura had gone down to Klamath Falls to visit an old friend of hers. She was in her trailer. The weather reports were not good as in major snow in the passes. She was on the other side of the Cascades and needed to get over to this side. She was supposed to leave today BUT took her good window of opportunity and drove over late yesterday. Today shows snow but no accumulation in the passes but she was glad she came yesterday. Spent the night here with me and since the rain has lightened up took off a bit ago. I was tickled to have her. We visited, the dogs played so it was all good. She parked in front of my house for the night but stayed inside here, worked out well. Wish she could have stayed longer of course.
Since it is still raining and too late to get into any projects I wont. ha ha going to turn on the tv and just kick back for today.

Going to make some roasted veggies and salmon for dinner.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat May 04, 2024 6:08 pm

MAde it to a Preserve just north of Rockford IL. Surrounded by suburbs but oh so quiet and because it only offers quiet woods and electric.....there were plenty of available sites. No water features or playgrounds or water hook ups. Many of the electric hook ups are in strange areas and require my extra 25 ft 30 amp cord. That was fine until I realized that my second cord is no longer talking to the cord attached to the rig. By the time I problem solved the issue I was too tired to move on to another sight that would not require an additional cord, so I wiped out a heavy duty electrical cord and hooked up to the 20 am. Enough for my simple needs for one night. Need need to text my cousin and figure out more details of the schedule of the next coming days. I need to reassure them the I don't expect to be entertained every minute..... Time to feed Lark....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Sat May 04, 2024 6:13 pm

I don't think anyone who met Chewy could forget him. And I know I always looked forward to seeing him and Sharon. Evie, I got roof damage to my first class C at a gas station in New York, I think my 2nd year out. Nothing like yours, but I was sealing the edges of that roof constantly. The owner of the station called the police on me because he wanted me to pay for the damages to the sign above the pumps. I loved that right next to that sign was his sign of the height restriction, a couple feet further up. I admitted I didn't realize the sign stuck out far enough to scrape along my roof. An employee admitted I wasn't the first. He should have had to pay but the police just wanted it over.

Sandi, I downloaded the bird app when you recommended it but haven't used it much. I was walking Ty this morning when birds were singing all around so I opened it. I got at least 8 or 10 different ones. I must not have got the right button because when I got home I had the first couple times I recorded when I downloaded the app, but today's wasn't there. I remember many and it was fun. I'll do it more now. Some of the birds it got were roadrunner, quail (it told me what kind), white-winged doves, phainopepla, woodpecker(again it knew which kind), thrasher, sparrows, finches and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Obviously I forget The kind lolol

For those who remember me mentioning the Hatch Chile pork stew I was getting, and planned to put it on 1/2 a baked potato, topped with scallions and sour cream. It was wonderful and I have the other 1/2 of the potato so will have a repeat tonight. Another time I'll do it in tacos or on nachos. So many ways to use it. I wanted to invite Ginger for last night's experiment but I know she doesn't like spicy foods. I didn't think it was very spicy the way I used it, but good thing I decided to try it first. Ginger wouldn't have liked it. Lol. She does like chili rellenos so maybe when I pull a couple of those out of the freezer. I always add spicy salsa to those. She can skip that part.

Other than the electrical, sounds like a great place for an overnight, Tina.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Sat May 04, 2024 7:40 pm

Bethers wrote:Sandi, I downloaded the bird app when you recommended it but haven't used it much. I was walking Ty this morning when birds were singing all around so I opened it. I got at least 8 or 10 different ones. I must not have got the right button because when I got home I had the first couple times I recorded when I downloaded the app, but today's wasn't there. I remember many and it was fun. I'll do it more now. Some of the birds it got were roadrunner, quail (it told me what kind), white-winged doves, phainopepla, woodpecker(again it knew which kind), thrasher, sparrows, finches and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Obviously I forget The kind lolol.

Beth, I’m so happy to hear you’re enjoying the Merlin app. As of today, my life list on the app now numbers 93 different birds just within a one-mile radius of my home where I walk my dogs. Thankfully there’s a beautiful creek and many large trees that attract lots of birds. Have fun!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Sun May 05, 2024 12:38 am

I went to my dd#2's surprise birthday party... I asked later if she was surprised and she said she knew dh was up to something then for some reason she tracked on of the kids putting that kid at the school where she shouldn't have been... but she was surprised that her brother, his wife, sister and me were there... so guess it wasn't all not in vain... we had lots of food hamburger/hot dogs really good tomatoes made me wonder where they got them... salad I made baked beans what wasn't eaten went with him... :lol: chips home made root beer plus so many 2 liters of pop and then the cake came with cupcakes so cute he had gone with a "cow" theme and the cake was a cow head the cutest cow head you can imagine !!! anyway it was nice to be with all but one of my kids it was fun just this evening realized I forgot to give them their chips all three bags of chips are in the car :roll: :oops:
stopped at the store in Driggs got a few things and then stopped at Wendy's to pick up a frosty for mom thought just in case she had eaten early it would be time for something... got home and saw niece's car there (it was about 7) so went in and found her trying to get mom to eat she was in pain pacing going to the bathroom every moment would get to the table seat and up back to the bathroom this went on for a period of time talked about it and really thought UTI so with brother's encouragement we over rode mom's I don't need to go to the hospital we went to ER hours later she was admitted no UTI but fluid on lungs so needed to rule out Pneumonia after we got into the room they determined that she was also constipated or that could have been in ER I don't remember I barely had gotten into the ER room when I was getting calls from my kids I swiped not to answer on all of them then texted saying when I could I'd call back
then dd#3 text that she was coming over so I asked back if she needed it or what as I didn't think she needed to she needed it... due to space they were only allowing 1 in the room so I finally went out so she could come in and there were all 3 girls had no idea they all had come... :o dd#3 decided to stay the night and I went home about midnight as did the rest... went back to the hospital about 12 and dd went home her son and daughter in law came for her... she has been spending a lot of time on the toilet can't say she is constipated anymore :o she had a cath put in as well... even though she had no UTI I'm thinking she is where she needs to be... she is probably coming home tomorrow at least that is the thought... I left about 5:30 had to got to the store as what I got last night was just the bare necessities and since she went to the hospital can't say they were needed other than I found the bread I wanted... oh well I had a really hard time getting from ER to the room last night my tank was out so my dd ran over to the house and got a new one hooked it up just had a really hard time getting there enough that they wheeled me out :oops: then when I went back much shorter but grandson insisted on wheeling me in
but when I came out was walking and did somewhat better... cause it was much shorter... got to the car and looked at the tank to see how much I'd used nothing that made me really look I'd forgotten to turn it on... :roll: no wonder that long walk at not a leisurely pace did me in... someday I will learn to double check it out
got back from the store and vegged out so tired... woke up to snow yesterday one of my old classmates posted that it was 4 inches yep it's May doesn't make me happy though would rather rain...
oh my pkg did come makes me happy
It will be fun to see everyone's plants growing
Cheryl saw a cardinal in AZ the other day she posted a picture on FB
by now I've forgotten what you all have posted oh yes Chewy was unforgettable
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee