Thursday May 2

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday May 2

Postby Redetotry » Thu May 02, 2024 4:39 pm

I guess it's too late for coffee so I hope everyone is enjoying their favorite afternoon beverage. I went to a nearby farm store this afternoon and bought strawberries and some of their homemade biscuits to go with. Yum I will add some vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy after dinner. My neighbor who bakes wonderful bread items just brought my bagel order so I have a good supply of treats. On the way to the store I noticed my A/C was not keeping my van cool so called the lady who has always worked on my vehicles and made an appointment. It is hot and humid here today but rain is in the forecast. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Thursday May 2

Postby Bethers » Thu May 02, 2024 4:50 pm

You just beat me, BJ. Nothing exciting here. I paid my electric bill this morning. I got in an order of frozen food from New Mexico and repackaged in my freezer. So I'll be eating lots of these items in the next few months, mixed in with everything Else I have. It's a lot cheaper for me to get some of my favorite things (now I have beef& cheese chimichangas, chicken chimichangas, chile rellenos and a new product of Hatch green chile stew made with pork) to add in to my mix. Way cheaper than eating out and so far everything I've ordered from this company has been great. I make strange (I think interesting) combinations. I'm going to try the stew in had a baked potato, which is something I like to do with chili sometimes. So I left some out to defrost and will head to the store for a few things (sour cream, green onions, cheese) to top the whole thing with and that's what I'm planning for dinner tomorrow.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu May 02, 2024 6:36 pm

Good afternoon. Cloudy off an on rain today with a little breeze. So decided to do some organizing here in the house. Cleaned out and sorted my drawers in my bedroom. Started a bag for the donation center. Made spaghetti sauce with plenty to freeze. Made 2 small casseroles to freeze with ziti,sauce and cheese. Ziti seems to freeze fine in a casserole unlike spaghetti. Salad for dinner tonight as I am still fairly full from lunch. Roasted veggies and chicken tomorrow for dinner.

Had a fun time and lots of laughs yesterday with my Bunco group. I didnt win anything but it was a fun 3 hours. Hosting wasnt hard and Emma was in her element. She has never seen that many people in our house EVER. Everyone paid her lots of attention as she wandered to the various tables getting petted. Then she went and laid down. Didnt sleep cause she was on alert in case anyone looked at her so after everyone left she headed to her bed and took a nap. I was happy she wasnt a pest so I didnt have to shut her up while they were here.

Made an appointment with a lawyer who does wills as I have some things to change and want to make sure it is done right.

Time to feed the dog she says!!!! ha ha
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Thu May 02, 2024 7:51 pm

Rough day today. Did not sleep well last night because of being up for several hours in the middle of the night with IBS. It has been under control for the last couple of years, but every once in a while "all hell lets loose" as they say. Anyway, yesterday I had put my bike on the rack, then scrubbed it. Also got the large cover, put it on my picnic table, and scrubbed it front and back. It is really oversized, so it took a lot of work. By this morning, it was dry, so put it over the bike and used the usual umpteen bungee cords to fasten it down for driving today. Only drove 100 miles, but it was all two-lane roads and traffic. Stopped at Walmart, Mcdonalds, and Walgreens to pick up prescriptions. Then also stopped at Piggy Wiggly for some special cheese, but this one did not have it.

I have been complaining about not knowing what time it was because I was just over the border of CDT instead of my usual EDT. Plus my GPS is five years out of date because "lifetime maps" turned out to be only three years, and Rand McNally no longer supports it. I have to be careful because occasionally it does something crazy, like tell me to turn left at the next intersection, while the visual map with the red line to follow clearly shows that you need to turn right!! I am too cheap to get a new one, but I have learned that the red line is more accurate than the talking lady!!! So, on my way here to St. Joseph Peninsula SP, it was about a 100 mile drive. I left Grayton Beach at about 11 am CDT, but my GPS said I would reach this campground, which is east of Panama City, FL and clearly in EDT, by 9 am EDT!!!!

Like how am I supposed to get somewhere before i leave?? It is only one hour difference, and it gets set automatically, so I swear I did not do anything. It did correctly show the current time, at least, and corrected it on the way, but it kept insisting I would get here by 9 am this morning. :o Hope it regains its sanity now that I am planning on being in eastern time for a couple of months.

Anyway, I put groceries away, organized my pills for the next week, used my little vacuum on rug, and damp mopped floors. Plus shook rugs, so I was completely worn out and dripping with the heat and humidity. Fixed myself a hamburger and am finally cooled off.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby snowball » Fri May 03, 2024 12:01 am

we are back in Jackson... baked beans been cooking and luggage is in different rooms it will happen one day cause I was tired ... got some popped pop corn for mom to nibble on I rather doubt she will I heard her muttering no salt no butter.... very true but it was the only kind I could find... admittedly it wasn't great not sure what we will due with it and cost well now I don't remember what but more than it should but then doesn't every thing?
had wind today as well could say I'm tired of wind
tomorrow is my dd's surprise birthday party I hope she will be surprised
you are right Barbie it was a notary I didn't realize that it was regulated by each state getting the disability does take time but hopefully you will get it
I would think stew would taste good on a baked potato ... I do put chili on my occasionally another one is hamburger strogranoff and I would bet that regular strogranoff would also taste good...
as I watched that "Reel" I thought but where is the mandarin oranges??? like I said I think it was also tidbits which the recipe we have is crushed but it did look good might have to make it again but put it in the bundt pan.
I finally found my game but don't know how to save it so that I can find it easily although I did write down the name of it that helped lots... it will once again reappear my e-mail did right now the short cut to here is on the very end you would think that they would just not have so many on the other end or they would drop off on that side and not bother the ones I use all the time :?
Judy why don't you use the maps on your phone instead of the gps? that is what my kids asked me all the time I guess I use it more often not even sure where the gps is
you all have a great night
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee