Sunny Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Sunday

Postby JudyJB » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:30 pm

Short post to open today, but will add more later. I am still having trouble with time because I am right on the edge of the time zone! Will be glad to be heading a few miles east on Thursday to get back into Eastern time so TV and everything else matches!

Got my bike ready for a quick ride into the neighboring small touristy town. It will be swamped, but it will be better than spring break down there! More later.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby Othersharon » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:01 pm

Afternoon here with 79 on the thermometer! And clouds and sun. Feels so good to be out in it. We did have rain off and on yesterday into last night so I waited to mow but probably should have waited a bit longer for the grass to dry out. Mower left clumps of wet grass but at least it looks better. I went out to do the front but my sweet neighbor was mowing it when I went out. I had to laugh a bit when she said she couldn’t turn it off because it probably wouldn’t start again. They’ve been talking about getting a new mower for several summers, he resists since it’s proving a challenger for him to tinker with it to get it running. He’s even said so and she just shakes her head! Like I said it’s pretty funny. I was going to edge but as wet as the grass was I think I’ll wait until tomorrow to let it dry out a bit more. I tried to clear the driveway of the yellow whatever it is from the trees but it really needs to dry out more. Tried blowing it and sweeping and it just made a bigger mess. So now taking a break and think it’s time for a walk for Buddy. So far the clouds and wind are keeping the sidewalks fairly cool so it won’t burn his feet. Judy, enjoy your bike ride. That’s about it for me. No more procrastination! Hope everyone has a good day and are out of the path of the storms and tornadoes.
Othersharon

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:44 pm

It's 87 and still windy. I'm sitting in front of a fan trying to cool off. I was working on tearing down some more of the walkway. I had everything done except 2 posts and the steps when Eddie drove up to feed the cows. He got the tractor and picked up the steps with the tractor forks. I went and got a chain and he pulled the posts up too. Sue, I'm so glad you suggested using a saw on the frame. That was a lot easier than the crow bar. We are suppose to have a storm come through in the morning with a lot of rain so when I cool off I'm going to go mow. The yard doesn't need to be mowed a lot but I'm leaving Wednesday and if it rains I won't be able to mow. When I get back from camping I'm going to call a guy that does dirt work to bring some dirt and smooth out that area. I want to get that done and grass growing before we have a hurricane.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:33 pm

Judy, I'm still having trouble remembering that the TV shows I'm trying to watch "live" are two hours earlier with Arizona not going onto mountain time. Good thing I can watch most the way I do everywhere else, by streaming later. And I looked into what you mentioned about the self stick flooring. It would have been great if I could have done that in the main room but luckily I found an indoor outdoor carpet I like that covers most of this floor. I'm not sure if do a good job trying to cut those tiles around the toilet, etc, but I've not ruled it out.

Sharon, I hope everything dries out sufficiently for the work you're doing. And Martha, good on a couple counts... With Sue l's suggestion and your neighbors timing.

I thought I did a good job walking today, but my numbers aren't up to yesterday's. I blamed Ty because sometimes he takes short cuts and doesn't realize we'll be home sooner. He's keep going if I did, but it's too easy to just come on in. And I really thought we'd walked more than we did.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee