ANOTHER MONDAY MORNING 4/22

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

ANOTHER MONDAY MORNING 4/22

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:28 am

Good morning. Weekend went by quickly. Had a good visit with Laura. Was fun to see all her mods to her trailer. Looks great. Kind of chilly outside this morning here 33. Supposed to be 71 today, we shall see. Cold front coming in this week around Thursday with rain. That is okay we have had several days of decent weather.
I will work outside today for a while and when the rainy weather arrives will prime my bathroom. I am ready to paint the primer. Then the textured paint. Just poking along but it will get done. Today will spread more mulch and get a couple of plants planted. Put out my new garden lights as the others either died or need new batteries. They are solar but still require a battery to hold the charge.

Didnt do too much yesterday, picked up a few groceries, did get caught up on a few of my shows, a couple loads of laundry then just kicked back. Shelia have a good trip. Beth almost home. Martha my dog sleeps every night in my bed LOL I guess she is spoiled too but I think that is where she belongs ha ha
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Re: ANOTHER MONDAY MORNING 4/22

Postby Cudedog » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:44 am

OregonLuvr wrote:Didnt do too much yesterday, picked up a few groceries, did get caught up on a few of my shows, a couple loads of laundry then just kicked back. Shelia have a good trip. Beth almost home. Martha my dog sleeps every night in my bed LOL I guess she is spoiled too but I think that is where she belongs ha ha

Good morning, Karen, Martha, and all who follow.

LOL. My sweet Joe boy sleeps with me too. I wouldn't have it any other way. What is better than a warm dog on a cold night? Body temp of average human around 97 - 98.6 +/-. Average body temp of a dog is 102 +/-.

I am reminded of that old saying about a "three dog night":

On a one-dog night, not too chilly, one dog in bed is gonna be good curled up close beside you.

On a two-dog night, getting quite a bit colder now, best to have two dogs to feel just right - one dog laying tight against you on either side.

Then we come to a three-dog night! Maybe that chill wind is beginning to howl down the valley, and maybe there is even the icy smell of snow on the air! But with three dogs in bed with you, you are warm as can be!

One dog on either side of you, and a third dog on top! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby monik7 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:09 am

I love having my two pups, Abby and Bindi. keeping me warm at night. It’s so wonderful having them snuggled up close and knowing I’m keeping them warm too.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby chalet05 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:16 pm

Good morning!

Sheila, I'm sorry about your friend but hope you have a safe, enjoyable trip as well as good visits. Beth, glad you are not rushing yourself. Sorry I never got around to doing Harvest Hosts. Barbie, what a nice time you've had!

Weather has been decent although some wind. I took the Sling to the carwash and made a quick stop at Walmart one day last week. Car needs to go this week.

The up and down news continues. Brother had chemo this morning and had forgotten he would also get the infusion for his bones as well. Daughter ended up in ER again. Infected cyst in her neck and her jawbone is deteriorating. She just doesn't catch a break. When I take my hearing aids out of the charger and put them on, a little music tone plays. This morning I actually heard it in my right ear! Audiologist said wearing the aid might improve the 'sensors' and restore at least some of the hearing in that ear.

Looking forward to traveling starting May first!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:35 pm

Luna won't be still so I get very little sleep if she is in the bed. I don't sleep well anyway. She has to go check out every noise that the cats make. One of the smoke alarms started chirping at 4:00 this morning. It stopped before it aggravated me enough to get up. My house is small and I have 5 smoke alarms so it's hard to tell which one is beeping. It started up again a little while ago. The one that was going off has a good battery but is dated 2013 so needs to be replaced. Smoke alarms use to be cheap but not anymore.

Anita, we will both be on the road May 1 but I'm only going about 80 miles. Are you going in the Sling?

Not much going on today. It got down to 51 and is up to 73. The food at the deli today didn't interest me enough to go to town so put some pork chops in the slow cooker. One more package out of the freezer. I didn't follow a recipe so no telling how it will turn out.

Sheila, have a safe trip.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby chalet05 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:55 pm

Martha, I wish I were taking the Sling, but there is rain in the forecast! Will be going over to Port Angeles and then down the coast to Long Beach, WA for a few days. Train trip begins May 21st!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:13 am

I got to my casita today. By tonight the fridge was cold enough to transfer things, but that'll happen tomorrow. My friend Ginger thought I'd be here by now so surprised me with a visit. I didn't want to do anything else then so we had a nice afternoon visiting.

Anita, I'm so sorry that the problems in your family seem to just keep piling on. It's so hard to watch them having more and more to deal with.

I don't sleep well on the rare night Ty isn't in bed with me. It never lasts, and I'm always happier when he's here. That said, I'm exhausted so hope I'm asleep momentarily.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:43 am

I miss having Shadow in bed with me I don't think it was a place he was allowed as it took awhile before he was comfortable on the bed
made it to Sidney suppose to have taken me only 5+ hours it was closer to 7 why I don't know has a lot of the time I was exceeding the speed limit :? :shock: good thing I didn't get stopped I booked the room while I was eating and didn't write down the name of the motel... between the directions from maps me not seeing the street names or the city not having them where one could find them it seemed to take a long time to find the motel and in actuality I could see it from where I booked the room :shock: and for some reason it the maps kept making a weird sound so that distracted me ... I was annoyed to say the least... then I go through my bank and the place I got fuel from (I had to go in to pay as it wasn't accepting my card so had to estimate how much I was totally empty so put down 75 she assured me it would just charge what I use nope it did the full 75 so tomorrow will call and see what I need to do
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Redetotry » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:49 am

Anne, Thanks for the rest of the story about a three dog night. I've only heard the expression. I don't like having a dog sleep with me though although I did put Pippa in bed with me the night it stormed here but that was because Toby kept barking and upsetting her. She was like a kid in a bouncy house and was ejected rather quickly.
Sheila I hope your trip gets easier. Your experience at the gas station sounds odd, didn't the pump give the total amount? Beth good to hear you arrived at your Casita and Ginger was there. Anita I loved Port Angeles when I was there back in 90's. We stayed in a lovely campground that had an abundance of rather large rabbits. And I lived briefly in Long Beach back in 1963. Being from a very small town the traffic and number of people overwhelmed me. Of course looking back I wonder how my life would have been like had I stayed. I tried CA again in 1984 and moved to San Diego with a friend. I made it almost three years that time. Guess I wasn't cut out to be a city person.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Cudedog » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:43 am

Good morning, BJ, and all who follow.

I am always interested in how and why people finally "landed" where they eventually did.

I (and I am sure many of us on here) would be interested in your story of how you made it from San Diego (LOL - I don't like big cities either!) to your home there in Illinois.

Thanks.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee