Cloudy Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Cloudy Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 am

Morning everybody. Cloudy, 41° here at tbe 45th. Lookng at cloudy with Maybe a few peaks of sunshine, high around 53. Forecast calling for temps in the upper 40’s to low 5’sfor the next week. Might even have some mixed rain/snow on Saturday :roll:
Nothing new there.

Been a busy week here. Mass on Sunday, , the a concert at neighbors church in late afternoon and we went out for dinner after. Monday I started the new porch entrance project. Dug out two shrubs and got the area prepped. And of course the daily dog walk. Tuesday it was off to town for lumber. That took most of the morning, but I got a couple boards cut and placed. The deck boards on the porch overhang along the edge, so have to put a 2x6 and 2x4 along the joist board to close that gap between the porch joist and the new step. Don’t want anybody tripping over that edge. As is, the porch wasn’t built completely plumb and there is about a half to 3/4 inch difference from the edge of the deck boards to the joist underneath, along the space between the posts where I am removing the railing. So now I have to add some more lumber to get that edge even. i’m going to start a thread in General Talk so you can see where I am and follow along on this project if you want. Hopefully later this morning I can go out and experiment with some scraps of lumber I have here and see what combo might work for what I have in mind and then get boards to fit the exact length.

Like Karen, I have a list of things to do here too. Cut all the lumber out for my planter box and that’s sitting on my workbench ready for assembly. That won’t take long and since I can’t plant for about another month, decided to get this porch project done first. I can do the planter in the garage, so even if it’s a rainy day, but isn’t too chilly, I can work on that.

And yesterday was rainy, so made a run to Meijer to pick up a few things. Rain quit during most of the afternoon, so dogs and I got a nice 2 1/4 mile walk in. Talked with a neighbor about my deck boards issue and he made couple suggestions. And bingo, the day was gone. Cleaning kitchen and bathroom this morning and then will venture out and monkey with the porch project a bit.

Beth, safe travels to AZ. Barbie, have fun in your trip. Shelia, sorry about your friend. Hope you can get to the service. Anita, that’s way too lng for an appt. Don’t blame you for just doing your own thing. There’s always the emergency room is things go wrong. O’Sharon, if your mower isn’t starting, either take out the spark plug and clean it or replace it. A fouled plug sitting all winter can cause starting issues. Just a suggestion. Judy, sounds like you will enjoy getting up in the panhandle area for awhile. Weren’t you planning on coming back to MI later? Velda, hope Chris is home and happy with his new surroundings. I’m sure you are glad to have it all done and him back home.

A number of us in this group have hearing issues, so thought I would share this newsletter from my Audiologists with you. Some interesting insights this month. https://www.audicare.com/blog/hearing-a ... _-Wcf9xnn-

https://www.audicare.com/blog/encouragi ... 20JNcIGet4

Guess I had better get a move on around here. Kitch and bathroom aren’t going to clean themselves unfortunately. Have a nice dsy all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Cloudy Thursday

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:00 pm

Afternoon. Just came in from working in the yard. It got hot out there but managed to set up one of my round raised beds and plant one of my Azaleas in there. No painting today, probably wont start that task until after the weekend as Laura will be here. Came in for lunch and that is all she wrote LOL No pictures yet. They are just full of dirt, manure, compost ha ha When I get them all planted then will take some pictures.

Henry vacuumed and I dusted but that seems to be all I am going to do today. Well except for throwing in a load of laundry and taking a shower. Going to be a nice weekend.
Sue that is quite a project you have started, you amaze me what you can do.Sue will probably have a whole new porch built and several other things accomplished before I finish my bathroom ha ha I work outside when it is nice and inside when it isnt. I usually only work part of the day anyway. I always know I have time LOL That is one of the things I learned when I retired.....procrastination......I have time. ha ha
All doctors appointments are weeks and months of waiting. They say if you need to be seen sooner just go to Urgent Care. The days of calling your primary and getting right in are definitely gone. I miss those days.
Well going to get something to drink and rest my aching back
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:43 pm

Sue, I will be in Michigan around the end of July and first part of August, but I have a tight schedule as I will be visiting cousins in a couple of places, then heading for the Soo for four nights. After that, I will be going into Canada and taking the TransCanada Highway west to Lake Louise. Not sure how much extra time I will have this trip, but will let you know.

I am now in a state park about 40 miles east of Tallahassee. Will be at Grayton Beach tomorrow. Three long hot days of driving, and no Satellite tonight, so am catching up on other things. The prednisone is making me a bit shaky, but at least the mosquito bites are slowly getting better. I hooked up my electric and quickly put some water in my tanks, and then hopped into my rig where I plan to stay all night without going outside where the little nasty insects can get me. Its cloudy here, so a bit cooler, but Grayton will be really nice--looking forward to sea breezes.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Colliemom » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:37 pm

:lol: :lol: Karen. A new porch. Not hardly. When this is done, that’s it. I’m only working out there for a couple hours a day. Mornings are too chilly and I vacumed, cleaned bathroom and kitchen this morning. Did get out there this afternoon and got a bit more accomplished. Tomorrow looks fairly decent till late afternoon, but need to hit Menards for some deck boards and a 6x6x8.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Bethers » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm

Sue, we know how much you do, and do well! You and Karen and most everyone else have skill sets I don't have and I love following along and am a bit envious. But I can't do what I even plan, like the TT floor because too many other things come into play (to keep it get rid of the sofa. Then I added to keep it remove one of the dinette benches and it's table. Decisions, decisions. At least I'm thinking it through before I do the floor and have to do it over again lol

I'm on the road. Hottest day so far this year. I didn't look what it got to in the park, but I stopped at a picnic area to eat and walk Ty (and me) and it was mid 90's and still climbing. I had to turn the generator on with the AC. So decided to go a bit further. Should have decided sooner and would have gone further, but I'm at another picnic area. It reached 100! here today. Luckily before I got here. It's 94 now but showing upper 70's around 8. Hope that true. I have the generator and AC on now but it didn't feel as bad outside here since there's a little breeze, than it did at the previous picnic area. Sunday here will only have a high of 75. What a difference a could days make.

Filled the tank when I left this morning and just filled again before coming to this picnic area. I didn't want any chances of running the gas too low which would mean no AC. I will try to be frugal. But no reason to be sweating up a storm.

I bought these little bitty tiny I've cream cones. They say one serving is 3 of them. Nope. For me, one serving is 1. It's a treat. But it does go fast and I'm about to go get one!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:06 pm

I just discovered some tiny, itty-bitty ice cream cones at Trader Joe's, and have fallen in love with them. You can reach into your freezer and grab just one, and it feels like you have really eaten some ice cream. Just enough for a quick snack.

I like to graze through Trader Joe's frozen food department when I am tired of fixing all the old meals I am used to and gotten bored with. Some are not fantastic, but most are pretty good, and they are all a good change from my usual cooking.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 pm

Took almost 8 hours to get to Tucson. I left just after 8am and drove to Quartzsite. Got gas and had breakfast at McD's. Their prices are a lot higher than even in California! $13 for their egg and pancake breakfast! :o It is $8 back home! Oh well, at least the gas is a lot cheaper. There are still a few RVers in Q but it is pretty quiet now.

Got stuck behind a guy pulling an enclosed utility trailer on the I-10, that was swaying all over the road! I stayed way back in case he totally lost control. There were some close calls. I called the highway patrol to report him. Luckily, I turned off the I-10 at 85, and he kept going towards Phoenix. I made a quick stop in Gila Bend and caught the I-8 from there. It was a beautiful drive along there with the blooming desert plants! The deserts out here are so much prettier with a lot more vegetation than in CA. The ocotillo were blooming and the saguaro's are getting ready to bloom.

Stopped at the SKP Co-op RV park in Casa Grande and got a short tour. It seems like a nice place. I haven't decided yet about putting my name on the waiting list for a site.

Made it to my brother's house, and my SIL made sloppy joes for dinner. We chatted for awhile and headed to bed early. I am really tired! Tomorrow morning we are going down to Tubac to see the art galleries down there.

Have a good night.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 am

my plan right now is to either go to my brother's on Sunday after church or leave Monday Morning probably should leave Sunday so that I can spend the night there instead of somewhere on the border of Wyo if that far... I laugh at the segment of Murder she wrote that supposedly takes place in Jackson one the characters goes to Laramie to a drs appt and back all in the same day it sounded like he drove it :? :lol: yep makes me laugh
the graveside will be Sat the 27 and since they don't have to take niece to SLC till the 7 of may will be ok but I almost forgot SIL is planning a surprise Birthday Bash for my dd on the 3rd of May (Her birthday is the 6th but for some reason they couldn't do it that day) and he wants me to make baked beans Shouldn't be a problem getting back in time just doing the I-80 route do want to stop in Omaha and see the nieces and hopefully I will get the shrug finished it's the assembly that is giving me fits shouldn't take too long to finish once I figure out the method
Judy I saw a wrist thing that is suppose to repel bugs and flies... didn't catch the name of it
though
went to the store complained about being charged to much for the avocado's I got last week she said they were marked that it was a digital coupon I sure didn't see it... they need to have it better marked had I known they were 2.29 a piece I wouldn't have bought them... then today I got a water bottle decided to check the receipt before I left what I thought was 11 wasn't it was 30 so went back in same gal bet she thought I was an old biddy they so need to make sure there is signs yes lots of water bottles for the lesser price didn't see anything saying these were that much oh well they reimbursed me
didn't do much other than read scriptures and watch a pod caste and crocheted on the dish towel while doing so ... trying to figure out how to get the right size for the greatgrandson
it will be too hot to wear a hat soon
be safe Beth and Barbie oh too late Barbie but the station I was referring to was before you get to Q
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee