Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday

Postby carolb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:07 am

Gmorning all :)

I've just caught up here, & Beth, I'm so sorry to hear of what you're going through :( Do NOT think of yourself as a "bad mommy"!!--you do what the vet says, but as a GOOD mommy, you are wise enough to know what is working or not for your sweet Peaches. I do hope that you've both gotten some good rest, & that she will recover quickly from the "overdose" of fluids. I continue to keep good thoughts for her & you...Enjoy Q, hope everyone there has a great time. Sounds like Alice is already making the most of it:)

I left NY on Sunday, made it to FL on Wed afternoon just before that nasty ice storm came through, however those were some of the coldest nights I've ever spent on the road. I'm settled in at my sis's for the weekend, & will start roving on Monday to visit some of our forum family that is already here. Don't know if I'll make the Hardee gtg, as I will be needed back at sis's for the first couple weeks of Feb--to be her farmhand. Cleaning horse stalls is my specialty :)

So if I've looked at my weather app correctly, it looks like we are all out of this amazingly frigid spell of weather! Hope y'all are doing well, have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Saturday

Postby avalen » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:51 am

Good morning
Miss you Carolb and I'm so glad Florida warmed up for you, and for everyone else too. The vegetation will suffer but hope it comes back.
Little breeze this morning but it seems to have died out now. Catherine pulled in at the end of the day yesterday and now we watch for Beth later today.
Y'all enjoy your day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:54 am

Good Morning Carolb, Alice and all. Glad you made it to FL safely Carol. Didn’t realize you were on the road this week. Enjoy your visits with our forum family down there and I know you enjoy being a “farmhand” too. Outddor work is your thing. I’ve got new flowerbeds to start this spring, hint, hint :lol: Alice you are certainly making the most of your stay in Q. And more sistahs arriving. Now the fun will really begin :D

Having a nice little warmup here again. Snow is melting more. Winter Storm Jaxon is heading this way for late tomorrow through Monday. Sounds like a wintery mess. I’ve got the urge to take a drive, so going to take the girls and go down to Houghton Lake for a bit of browsing craft store and Walmart. There’s a winter festival going on with a craft show. Haven’t decided if I want to go to that or not. They will have to stay in car of course, but it will get them out of the house too. And no, I am not stopping at the Camping World store :lol:

Y’all have a great day out there
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Othersharon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:44 am

Good morning. We are also having a warmer day today, already 38 degrees! And like you Sue another nasty storm supposed to hit the first part of the week. I just keep telling myself to think spring! Sounds like things are picking up at Q! What fun! Thanks for keeping the rest of us posted on the goings on.

I think I’ll do like you, Sue and load the boys up in the car and go for a ride. I have a bunch of recycling that needs to go so will load that up and get rid of it. Then not sure where I’ll head off to. I spent yesterday doing laundry and cleaning house so today can be a fun day! The boys will enjoy a change of scenery too, I think! Beth, hoping Peaches is doing better. I rearranged the living room yesterday and my poor old guy was all confused last night. He wasn’t sure where to lay down. He usually curls up in the one chair but it was in a different place but this morning when I came downstairs he was laying on it so guess he figured it out. Poor old guy, I didn’t think when I moved things around that it would be a problem.

So that’s it for me this morning. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and enjoy yourselves wherever and whatever you do.
Othersharon

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Good morning gals!

Yesterday I worked on cleaning up the house and finished getting the kitchen all organized. It looks so much better (even tho it is still orange and green! :roll: ). I seem to have a 4 hour limit on house cleaning/organizing. No matter when I start working, after 4 hours I have completely lost my motivation. Anyone else have that problem?

Want to work on the outside a bit today before heading to work this afternoon. I was going thru the large storage shed and found two small chain saws! I hope they work! I need to do some trimming of plants and small trees around here. My little storage locker in the back yard is falling apart so I need to just get rid of it. Have lots of paint cans in there so will need to figure out what to keep and what to get rid of and where.

Hope you all have a good day! Glad it is warming up in Florida! Carolb, so glad to hear you have moved on down south! Good for you to get out of the cold, nasty weather!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:21 pm

A little cooler today here at Willow Beach. I've been getting a lot of work done, which is good because I have a triple class this semester--65 students instead of the usual 50. I've been worried about being able to keep up, but so far it is not a problem. Got to pay for last fall's really expensive repairs! (Gave a student a couple of extra days on an assignment last night because he spent two days with his wife and brand-new baby in the hospital! Better than a student having an injury or illness.)

This is such a pretty place, and the Gambel's quail have been around a couple of times this morning. Just love to watch those little guys running around. Kind of sorry I am missing the two get-togethers. :cry: Maybe next year I will go to Quartzite.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Cudedog » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:26 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:It looks so much better (even tho it is still orange and green! :roll: ). I seem to have a 4 hour limit on house cleaning/organizing. No matter when I start working, after 4 hours I have completely lost my motivation. Anyone else have that problem?

I am a three-hour wonder. Sometimes only two. :?

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:45 pm

Barbie, my motivation window is way less than 4 hours. When I got back from town I did fill up 2 Walmart bags with stuff in the car. One to go in the trash and one to come in the house. I told myself the other day that when it gets to 70 I'm going to wash the car. It's only 66 so I think I'm safe for today. :lol: Why would anyone paint something orange? I remember back in the 70's when everything was orange and brown. Looking back on it, I had the ugliest carpet.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Kinda breezy right now with a few drops of rain. Big black cloud to the west....I don’t know which way the wind is blowing. I just drove Catherine around a little bit. The naked book seller was not in. She saw the crowds at the big tent, I didn’t even try for a parking place. People are buying things tho. We saw them walking around with bags full.
I appreciate the Florida news. It reminds me how much fun I had last year. Although, wish some of you would get out here to Quartzsite some year!!!!!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Cudedog » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Acadianmom wrote:Why would anyone paint something orange?
Martha

The home where I am currently living had bright yellow and lime green tile for the kitchen counters when I moved in. All of the kitchen cabinets were painted blood red (I kid you not), except the DIY sheet-rock-and-bare-studs pantry, which was painted poop brown. The walls were painted spackle orange. It was ghastly. My house was built in 1950 - I guess it was "the thing" at that time.

The original kitchen sink was still there. 60 years old - imagine it. It could not be cleaned.

Painted, stripped the cabinets and refinished them, replaced the sink, replaced the counters with the cheapest granite counters I could find. A major improvement all around.

It took me nine months of weekend DIY, every weekend, 16 or 20 hours per weekend.

Never again.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Acadianmom wrote:Why would anyone paint something orange? I remember back in the 70's when everything was orange and brown. Looking back on it, I had the ugliest carpet.

When my older son and his wife bought their house a few years ago, it must have had the same 70s decorator! Except the kitchen and dining area was orange, green, and yellow! The wallpaper was fairly easy, but they also had these colors in the counter tops and flooring!

And way back in the 70s, my then-husband and I bought a brand-new house. Of course I put in green carpeting in the entire downstairs and made the major mistake of having a green edge put on my white counter tops. Also put green wallpaper in powder room and green and white wallpaper in kitchen and dinette. And carpeting in the neighboring family room was green, brown, and a bit of orange. It took me years to de-greenify the house!! I have never liked green since.

And remember when everyone put in colored toilets, sinks, and tubs? I had a yellow set and a blue set. You were stuck with one color forever.

Why do we do such things??? :lol:
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:06 pm

Judy, I know what you mean about the colored tubs and commodes. We built in 1975 and I had a blue bathroom and a green bathroom. :roll: Every time a commode seat needed to be replaced it was impossible to really match the commode. My husband found a Harvest Gold(yellow) refrigerator on sale and bought it. So I had a yellow kitchen. That darn refrigerator lasted 18 years and I replaced it and the yellow sink.

Last year I had to replace my white refrigerator. I could buy a stainless steel refrigerator everywhere but it took a month to get the white one that I wanted. It was either order the white one or be out of step with the oven and dishwasher.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:06 am

My counters are bright orange. Some walls are pea green. The other walls are green/orange/yellow plaid wallpaper! :shock: The original flooring was orange, green and brown design, but that is now covered in bamboo, luckily. I will either cover or replace the counters with something neutral, and paint the walls a beige color. The cabinets are all white which I will just repaint white. My small appliances, dishes, etc are all red.

The house I grew up in had a peach colored bathroom (tile, toilet, sink, tub, etc). We had appliances in harvest gold and later avocado green. When we sold the house last year, the bathroom still had all the peach colors yet.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee