Woo-Hoo Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Woo-Hoo Wednesday

Postby Birdie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:10 am

Good Morning RVing sistahs! I am checked into my third Camp Driveway of the summer. This, too, is a fine place to be. Today has some more site seeing on the agenda. Lake Michigan sandy beaches will be our primary target with the apple farms as our secondary target. The peaches at the Farmers Market have been so good. I shall be making some biscuit fried pies here pretty quick. Will use some of the last apricots, peaches, apples and I may try some pears I got at last weeks Farmers Market up north by Sue's place.

It is downright nippy here in this camping spot as the temperature is a very cool, read nearly cold, at 53*. Today's high should be around the low 70's. YES, I am bragging.

If you are on the road, please be careful. If you are parked have a bit of fun!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Re: Woo-Hoo Wednesday

Postby Queen » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:29 am

Morning all!

Birdie, that sounds heavenly! And I don't know what a fried biscuit pie is, but it has the word pie in it so it must be good.

Errands today and then lunch with a friend. We'll have margaritas and sit and talk for a few hours, always fun. Still working on revising the packing into two separate piles now, one to storage and one to FL... really should label them since I keep getting confused about what goes where.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Colliemom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 am

Morning. Birdie, glad you are enjoying the fruits of the season and the camp driveways. Yep, the peaches are so good this year. I can't get enough of them. So's the sweet corn as you know. Cool up here too, 55 this morning and 60's predicted for today. Warming up into 70's by weekend. Got more paint, so will do that tomorrow probably. Micke, labeling is the best thing when moving, if you want to keep things in order, unles you like surprises when you open a box :lol: :D

Bit of house cleaning this morning I think. Then to RV dealer, might run to town to Farmers Market. Do some weed whiping and clean up along our HOA pathway between two roads here. Little of this and that day. Have a nice day everyone.

Rosemary (GypsyRose), I sent you a PM.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Liz » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 am

Last day at my sister's in MA. I went to the farm stand yesterday to pick up some more Macintosh apples to take south with me. Leaving after breakfast tomorrow.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:43 am

Good morning everyone... sounds good you will be on the move again Liz... is your sis going to be able to take care of herself and her hubby sounds like a big undertaking for her... not much going on here I'm finally settled in decided not to stay 14 days well not quite that... I'm going to stay seven days and then reevaluate after that because you have Jello plans and you never know what could happen... so today is going to be cleaning day and I'm already started pitching a the few things that I haven't used in 5 years that I thought I needed to bring with me ...now go figure that out... we had three storms roll through here yesterday so it's pretty wet and damp out there but the sun is shining and will dry up soon... then I will put my Clam up... everybody enjoy whatever it is you're doing...B...safe..donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:02 am

Back in N.C, got in late yesterday evening. Two days with stop over at WM, fast trip. Came down and treated myself to breakfast, haven't done that in ages, biscuits and gravy :roll: :lol: Trying to decide how to do this job up here not an awful lot left in house. Picking up a few groceries, me and Mr P will stay in RV, but need to hook up elect. Over breakfast decided I will make 3 piles, one for dump, one for thrift and one to load in RV. Then make trips for all and hoping neighbors still have plans for buying and I wanna be out of here. I loved it here but feel like I don't belong anymore!! I really am wondering where I do belong???

Yesterday my route coming north was great but the other side going south was bumper to bumper and setting still in some places, mile after mile of them. All those cars going north on interstate bumper to bumper, for eclipse tried to find another route home I'm guessing and too many chose this one, poor people!!!

Time to get in motion, just finished my coffee, a first, have done loads and just had my caffeine fix. A must before hitting grocery store though :D looks like rain, hope I can beat it, getting back and setting up.

One of my first thoughts this morning Liz, before caffeine :D was tomorrow you hit the road. Hope the family has filled your spot.

Take care all and have a great day,
CArol
Donna, you snuck in, hey jello plans are about all I can manage right now, hope there's not a problem with it :lol:
Carolinagal

Postby avalen » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:19 am

Good morning
A little cooler than i like but i think the moisture is what makes me feel cold.
Getting back to normal here after dads procedure. Although i will admit all
these appts are wearing me out, i have other things to do,,,,things that are more fun!
Other than drama from sister in law, everything is fine on my side of the world. Y'all have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:42 am

I am in Pocatello camped at the fair ground. Been in touch with Sheila. I want to buy a new spare tire for the trailer then over to visit Sheila.
CArol, you belong "on the road"!!! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:03 am

Finally have a day off after 8 days straight of working! Whew! Found out that the 7th and 8th day I get paid time and a half! Yay! My first check should look nice! Yesterday was the busiest day we've had yet which was nice! One of the girls is fairly new out of school and I ended up fixing two of her haircuts that came back last night for redo's. They were both pretty bad but I fixed them real good and I think I convinced both customers to come back again.

Cloudy and cooler today which will be nice for heading to the beaches later. A heat wave is coming tho, with highs in the mid to upper 90's here over the weekend and into next week! It has been a little humid here so that won't feel too nice! :(

Liz, glad you are finally free to leave tomorrow! Run! Run like the wind! Where will you head from there?

I will head to Encinitas for the beach today, then to Carlsbad for the Farmers Market and then a little shopping at WM.

Have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:54 pm

I went to Lafayette to have lunch with Carolyn(cpatinjones) today. We both finally have some time to do that. Was good to see her. Looked up my younger son to give him some mail and went to Sam's . Had to bring the cold food home so will have to go back to the nursing home. Harold was suppose to have a doctor's appointment this morning at 8:00 and I was going to meet them there. Someone was nice enough to call me last night at 10:00 and tell me the appointment was moved to Friday. I would not have been happy if I showed up and they didn't.

I could stand a couple of days of temperatures in the 50's. I made myself sick the other day getting too hot. I will have to try making the fried pies with canned biscuits. I wanted to get some Ruston peaches and only saw them selling them on the side of the road one time. I didn't stop and never saw them for sale again. Usually there are a bunch of people selling them.

It hasn't rained today but the day isn't over yet. Now they are saying Harvey is going to be a hurricane. It's suppose to go into Texas and then hook North East and give us a bunch of rain. Just what we need.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby MandysMom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Mel had his chest biopsy with CT yesterday. It went very well and he only had to stay about 2 hours after so we headed home by 3:15 through rush hour traffic. Normally the drive takes about 20 to 25 min for the 17 miles but it was closer to 45 min. He is on his 9 day break from chemo, so feeling a little better, even gave me a back and neck rub today as I had a tremendous headache, something rare for me ( last one in 2014!). So all quiet here. Head to UCD next Thursday to pick up more chemo and have a blood draw or two. Not sure how much we will learn from the biopsy as it was specifically for the clinical trial data. I don't expect to learn much until the total chest CT on sept 14. The CT yesterday was very limited just for Dr Moore to aim her punch needle into tumor. he has a sore chest like someone kicked him where she put her needle but overall seems to be moving better and better mood.
Have a good rest of your week everyone. I think about you daily and tell Mel of your exploits so it helps distract us from what is going on here.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:31 pm

Just after I posted this morning, I got a call (I didn't answer) from work saying they needed me to work today from 1-9 and to call them back. I did call back and left a message saying that I was NOT available to work today since I worked 8 days straight and if I worked today plus the next 5 days I am scheduled, it would be 14 days straight and I cannot do that, physically or otherwise, so please find someone else to work that shift today (someone had called in sick).

So I drove up to Encinitas and parked for a bit by the beach . When I got back in my car to leave, it put itself into 4WD low gear and I couldn't figure out how to get it out of that, (never used that before on this car). It was really hard to drive that way but I made it another block before pulling over and parking again. Walked 4 blocks to find a mechanic. He told me to put it in neutral and then push some buttons and pull a lever (which I had never noticed before) and it should fix it. It worked, but how it got into 4WD, I have no idea. Still waiting to find out about the details on my VIN number. Not sure what is taking so long to get that info! I really need to do something with this car!

Spent the rest of the day looking in shops in Carlsbad and bought some things at the farmers market. Spent some more time at the beach there. Was cool and cloudy but felt good. There were some kids "surfing" on big inflatable yellow ducks! Was hilarious to watch!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee