Midweek Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Midweek Wednesday

Postby Colliemom » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:06 am

Morning. Sitting here watching news and weather. Rain heading in later today. Grocery shopping on the agenda. Lookng like Mother Hubbard's cupboard around here :lol: Been busy working on TT, so haven't been to store this wek yet. Got the little storage compartment done and shelf in part of upper cupboard done. Still thinking on how I want to do other side.

Judy, hope those Cardinals leave you alone. Must be parked in a breeding area where you are. Beth, you got some snow out there? Brrrr. Western U.P. Is supposed to have some too. Barbie, good luck with the closing tomorrow. If the title company has everything lined up right, should go smoothly. Been pretty quiet on here. Sure miss hearing from some of our old regulars. I inow a lot are on FB, but just st not the same. BJ, what's the latest on Elsie?

Well, time to make up my shopping list and get moving here. Have a nice day everyone :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Cloudy Wednesday

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:10 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Only have my IPad here in these mountains , service isn't great, so someone else is sure to get in ahead of me but---- I had notice of a message from Sue, which I can NOT get into. FB wants me to update my IPhone, I don't own one, so update is for it instead of my IPad so they have cut service off, no messages for me until I update my IPhone. This will mean a trip into a Verizon store and I haven't had time since being here.

I have a call in for a moving company to haul my things to my DDs . So I'm hoping to hear this morning and most of all that their fee is reasonable. I've been busy packing ,sorting everything as to whether it goes to Fl , to the thrift store or the dump :roll: Got to get this done , every time I leave I think it multiplies while I'm gone. :?

A lot going on here, but nothing interesting or newsy for you all. My RV hopefully can go in to shop and get A/C fixed early next week. ( really fixed this time). So on to my packing, moving people would do it but I don't want everything that's still here packed.

Stormy weather moving east, those in its way today stay aware and safe, it'll be here late tonight according to weather guy.
Have a good day,
CArol
Carolinagal

Re: Midweek Wednesday

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:19 am

:roll: Got to get this done , every time I leave I think it multiplies while I'm gone. :?

CArol, I know exactly what you mean! My brother and I were saying the same thing the other day with our dad's house! The more you clear out, the worse it looks!

Keeping our fingers crossed that the closing goes without a hitch tomorrow! Will be so glad to get that done with!! Then on to new adventures!

I found the perfect place to live near Laguna Beach on-line yesterday! The condos were close to my price range and the HOA's are very affordable and they have a ton of amenities like two golf courses, an equestrian center, 5 pools, tons of social clubs (55+ community), etc, etc...but then I read the fine print... Need to have assets worth the full cost of the condo plus another $125K. Also need an income of $40K per year. That takes me out :cry: . Oh, well, will keep looking...

Gotta make one last run to the old house to check for any mail sent there yesterday since the forwarding doesn't start until today. Then off to work.

Was lazy yesterday but got a few things put away and arranged in my new place. I can take my time with that now tho. No pressing deadlines!

Hope you all have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Midweek Wednesday

Postby JudyJB » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:26 am

I taped a bunch of ribbons onto my windows yesterday so they would blow in the wind. Mostly that has kept the female cardinals away, but every once in a while, a persistent one sits on a nearby branch and thinks about whacking herself onto my vehicle!

This is old farmland that was allowed to grow into meadows and ponds about 40 years ago. There are a few big trees, but a lot more small trees and shrubs--perfect bird habitat with the many ponds and very spread out campsites. Whoever designed this campground did an excellent job. There is one main road with about 7 or 8 roads branching off, but the branching roads are slightly curved so that even if there are 40 campsites on a road, you can only see a few at a time. Also, paved bike trails around most of the ponds and heading over to the day use and hotel area. Spots are at least 60-80 feet apart with some small trees and shrubs in between for privacy. And right now, it is almost entirely empty. Big bird group is supposed to come this weekend.

Going out soon and will take some photos. I really like this place because it is always so peaceful and pleasant. Not a cramped feeling at all.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee