Dreary Monday...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Dreary Monday...

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:18 am

I am still tired this morning but needed to get up and will soon be out the door to finally get rid of the UHaul trailer!

Then back to the house and call about my internet (now using the neighbors wifi) and a few other calls that need to be made. Then maybe a nap. And later, tackle one of the rooms or closets in here. Then maybe another nap...

Went out to eat with my other brother, Paul, and his wife last night. They drove up to the hospital yesterday to see David. Apparently, he was not wearing a seatbelt and was thrown into the back seat of his Jeep. He is bruised and cut up all over but especially his head and face. He will need some surgery on his face eventually. He is aware now of who is there and can answer some basic questions. It will be awhile before they know if there is any brain damage.

Looks like it will be a rainy, stormy day here, but that is fine with me. Makes it cozier inside and a good nap day. Will start back to work tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good day :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Dreary Monday...

Postby Liz » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:43 am

Happy to hear your brother is awake. Praying for his recovery.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:10 am

good news about your brother. Just take a deep breath and relax and NAP, NAP, NAP
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:29 am

Good morning ladies
Glad to hear your brother is on the mend Barbie.
Up in Superior today, we're going to take Bills motorhome up
to Roosevelt Lake to the dump station and spend a few hours
to let the dogs run.
Its nice to have some sunshine after a few days of rain.
I discovered a new product at the grocery of which I bought
one package to give it a try. Precooked bacon, requires no
refrigeration. I was impressed and will buy it again. It was
made by oscar mayer. It will be a great addition to the grocery
list for road trips.
Not much else going on, y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Rufflesgurl » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Good morning all. Another day with rain here in CA. My lawns are so lush and green with all this water.

Barbie prayers are working for your brother. Take those naps - you need them.

Ava - Precooked bacon has been on the market for years and is great for all kinds of uses especially when just a piece or two are needed (BLTs etc.). Real handy for those road trips too.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Queen » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Going to take another internet break. I'll catch you gals down the road, hope everyone stays happy and healthy.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby avalen » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:43 pm

I've never seen precooked bacon before, but I'm glad
I discovered what a convenience it is
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:59 pm

So glad there is improvement in brothers condition, Barbie.
Allergies have reared their ugly head big time past few days. Doubling up on some of the meds seems to be helping some. Am trying to keep under enough control not to have to stay inside.
Got laundry caught up yesterday.
My great hosts here came home between church events yesterday and we went out to a late lunch. Got my annual grouper fix and it was delish.
Need to do some cleaning in the RV which may or may not happen today. One of my hosts is an avid walker. There is a nice park not far from house with paved walking trail along a river/lake. I'm going with her late this afternoon. I will just stroll around while she does her serious walking. Usually does this early in morning but she had another commitment today.
Weather has warmed up again and very pleasant. Instead of cleaning, may save my energy for trip to park.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:00 pm

I love precooked bacon. Some are better than others.

Working the office right now. Busy with check outs. Was wonderful to walk in the sun this morning. My only concern is that it's possible the rain, etc, helped my asthma. We shall see. On the other hand, I've been able to take complete, deep breaths several times this morning. Yea!

Barbie, I'm glad your brother seems to be on the mend. It's still going to be a long road for him both medically and legally. I'm glad he has you and other family to support him.

Back to work!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:13 pm

It got a LOT quieter here in this family-oriented state park because a lot of people checked out at noon. And that includes nearly all of the kids because of school tomorrow. Beth, I'll bet you give a big sigh of relief on Sundays or holiday Mondays. :)

The last week, I have been getting into a bad habit--my pulled muscle really bothers me at night because it is a muscle I use to roll over or position myself. So it takes me a long time to get settled and to sleep, and then I wake up and am in pain so have trouble getting back to sleep. (I've been using a heating pad, but I think I need to go to urgent care if this does not get better in a couple of days.) Anyway, I sleep in very late because I didn't get sleep at night. This morning, I was able to drag myself out of bed at 9:30 am but am still really sleepy. Going to try to stay awake all day and take a pain pill before bed to try to get more sleep. Daytimes are better because it is easier to sit up. This whole thing is due to the injury I had last year riding on the tour truck into Monument Valley. Getting old is rough!

Alice, they also have canned bacon, but it is raw. Does not require refrigeration and tastes pretty good. I bought some a long time ago for camping before I got my motorhome, but could add it to your list of emergency foods that don't require refrigeration.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Judy, this park gets only a small number of families... Mainly gets rvers coming through. But we are full most every night... Just with quiet folks for the most part.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Pooker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Been using the precooked bacon for quite awhile. It's perfect for camping, but I even use it at home. Rather pricey since there's only a dozen or so slices, but for one person? Perfect!

Barbie, good that your brother is awake. Hope the doctors find a medical reason for the accident. Sounds like you are settling into your Dad's house nicely.

Some year for storms, everywhere, isn't it? So. Cal. supposed to get more rain again. Seems like 3-4 days of rain followed by 2 days clearing and repeat. Helped my son get settled back into his RV site this morning. Tough trying to avoid the muddy ruts and his "lego" type levelers were sinking as fast as he leveled out! There are lakes there and they've been pumping them out for weeks now. At one point they evacuated folks from the back end of the park but he was lucky and the site he chose was one of the few that didn't get flooded when the lakes overflowed. The park will loose all the gorgeous shade trees that surrounded the park, though since they are all still under water. However, we in the south are so much better off than those up north. And seems like the whole country is having storms.

Pooker
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Return to Morning Coffee