Chilly, Damp Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Chilly, Damp Monday

Postby Colliemom » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:38 am

Good Morning from the 45th,

Chilly and wet out there this morning. Temp is 41 and Lake Effect rain showers around. That's the norm here this time of year when you live where the big lakes surround you. Colder air coming over that warm water makes clouds and precipitation. This time of year it's rain, later it's snow, not that the white stuff doesn't make an appearance anytime now. Did hear there was a little mix in that area last Friday.

So, am spending the morning in the kitchen, cooking up and freezing butternut squash and cutting up and freezing some meat I bought. Stocking up for winter. Did stuffed peppers yesterday, 4 of which are in the freezer.

Judy, you should get those bites checked out. FL is one state that has the Zika virus. Alice, can tell you are getting ready for that retirement day despite being nervous. Once you are free to go and do what you want, you will be so busy, the days will fly. Barb, sounds like you are enjoying exploring your new state. Hope all goes well at your new work place. Cheryl, you certainly have your hands full. But yep, sometimes you gotta have a "me" day.

Off to the kitchen here. Hope you all have a nice day :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Chilly, Damp Monday

Postby avalen » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:00 am

Good morning
Sittin at work waitin to clock in. Only 8 more Mondays
to do this.
Good luck on your first day Barb.
Y'all enjoy your day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:24 am

Good morning gals!

Another sunny warm day here in the desert! Would like it to cool down just a little tho.

I start my new job tomorrow afternoon. Am very nervous about it for some reason. I guess any new situation makes me anxious. Once I get the first few days behind me, I will be fine.

I spent most of yesterday working on my blog. Took over an hour just to go thru my camera and delete bad/duplicate photos. The blog is taking a long time because I have so many pics. I am only on day 4 of my trip down here! Hopefully I can get most of it done today. Didn't think it would take so long! :o

I need to get a few things done today to get ready for work tomorrow. The new pants I bought are too long so they need to be hemmed and need to wash the new tops I got at the thrift stores. Then get my haircutting stuff all in order.

Hope you all have a great day! :D

(Lyn, I sent you a pm...)
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby asirimarco » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:32 am

Good morning to All - Wow woke up to thunder and pouring rain this morning here in Vegas. And today was the day we'd planned on doing a lot of errands on the other side of the valley. Errands preparing for our leaving a week from today. Guess we'll just do stuff on this side of town between showers. Bill was hoping that my favorite NASCAR driver wrecked yesterday so he would be out of the championship race. Because as long as he is in I want to be able to watch the races. Last one is Nov 20th. Guess we'll head into Mexico on the 21st.
Did some work on the in the RV getting things put away ready to go. Making all the paperwork copies and updating my laptop.
Not really looking forward to spending 5 or 6 months in the new RV...but guess I'll get used to it. Don't ever by an RV with the new dark Plexiglas windows that crank open. They only open about 4 inches - no way to get a breeze.Got a call from Jayco the other day to see how we liked our new RV. Gave them an earful - probably wished they hadn't called.
Well the rain has stopped for a bit so guess I'd better get busy and run some errands on this side of town.
Good weather and safe driving to everyone.
asirimarco

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:47 am

Chilly dry Monday here! Had a nice day yesterday. Watched the Chargers win, played Mexican Train, and visited with the Grands and the new Great!

I have sent PM's to Barbie and Peggy in Conn. would you let me know if you have received them. I need to know if I am doing that right!

Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby MandysMom » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:57 am

Had a wonderful time at my reunion. So much fun visiting. Our team lost the Friday night football game but we learned new cheers. They no longer sing the school song after the game, so our class sang it to them! We were cheered when we finished. RV did well after a beginning glitch. Felt very strange once up to freeway speed so turned around and headed back to Les Schwab. Seems whoever installed tries set pressure in rear right but one tire in front was way lower than the other. Was ok after that. Not happy they messed that up. We stayed in the only RV park in Tracy one night-- horrible noisy from highway and road next to us and the electric box had wires hung out bottom and sewer hookup was incompatible with hooking up. Left and begged our way into Elks Club with sponsor in our class. That is where party was held so it was perfect.
Ate supper Friday and breakfast sunday at a funky place that has been there since we were all kids, called The Banta Inn. Front looks lke they used to have swinging saloon doors. Wood building with overhanging porches two sides. Old bar inside then at back a dining room and next to it a porch covered 3 sides with metal roll up doors on 4 th side. It opened to a lush green lawn surrounded by fences painted and decorated to look like various shops in a old west town. Weather was beautiful and we sat at long tables visiting. Unlike newer places they don't charge extra to use the big room or for seperate tickets for meals. Had a really good prime rib Friday. great omelet Sunday . All in all a great weekend away, our first in 3.5 years! And melmate his first salad in 3 years! have a good week all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby PeggyinCT » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:22 pm

Good afternoon from seasonally chilly Hartford. Lyn, thanks for alerting me to your PM. I can read the forum on my phone without logging in, but I don't get the notice of a PM without logging, so I never know when I have a PM. Lilac Girls is a book I think everyone who like, so I hope you mentioned it under Books.
I'm still doing cardio rehab three days a week and getting stronger all the time. Enjoy today. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby MandysMom » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:35 pm

Peggy, so glad to hear you are sticking with rehab. That seems failure point for many who soon as they think they feel better think rehab is too much trouble. It's key. Are you strength training as well?
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee