Soggy Saturday...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Soggy Saturday...

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:37 am

Guess I am the early bird today! Off to work shortly.

I sent an email to my brothers yesterday about my move. I heard back from the one I was most worried about his reaction and he said "you are smart to get out of here. Good luck!". So that was a huge relief! Haven't heard from the other one yet but I don't think he will be surprised or upset.
My dad sent $6400 to the scammers this past week...makes me sick. :evil:

I still have lots to do around here but after tomorrow, I will have 5 whole days to get it all done before I leave. Should have my trailer back tomorrow all done and ready to pack up!

Hope you all have an awesome day!! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Soggy Saturday...

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:09 am

The last farmer's market on the Capitol lawn was yesterday. I had so much fun. There's something about all those tables of veggies spread out in front of that big imposing building that just makes me grin.

Helping a friend remove hostas from her friend's newly-inherited house this afternoon. Personally, I think the woman is nuts -- but if she wants to get rid of those beautiful plants, I'm happy to help. ;)
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby JudyJB » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:19 am

Nice, cool and slightly breezy fall day here in Michigan. Some sun but mostly clouds.

I have a few errands to run and then off to Florida tomorrow morning. Very happy to get on the road again!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby cnq50b » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:02 pm

Happy Saturday morning!

I'm enjoying lovely CA weather although it's supposed to warm up over the weekend - but surely that will be short-lived.

Barb, nice that your brother responded in an encouraging manner but sorry that your Dad sent more money out. I know how tough packing up & heading out can be - especially since you have a limited timeframe. My sibs had a system - hit 1 room/closet, do it totally, clear it out & then close that door. I know in an apartment you probably dont' have that many doors to shut but it helps me as I try to organize this place with the stuff I brought back.

JudyB, enjoy the road.

Anita, the real world will always be here - enjoy the adventures! We enjoy your adventures too.

Sarah, hope it cools down for you eventually & that you win the 'war' on paper. I fight it myself too - had to let alot of it go before I left KS but I think I'll survive without utility bills from 1980 - ha!

OSharon, I tried ignoring Waze (driving instructions on my phone) because I didn't want to get on a highway out here - by the time I decided to follow the instructions, what should have been about a 20 minute drive was nearly an hour drive - I think I had gotten turned around & was headed to San Diego - all with a crying baby in the backseat. :o I try to make sure I have my GPS with me whenever I venture out now - might have to get a second one so I can have 1 in each vehicle.

Hope you all enjoy those GTGs & adventures - big & small.
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Another record breaking hot afternoon (97), just a few more days of this per weatherman then big cool down to more normal temps.

Ventured out yesterday. Took trip over to Guntersville to meet Wendy for lunch. It was so good to do something and get out of house for change. Will post photo in gtg section.

Finally succeeded in getting some yard help tp show up this morning. We made an early morning run to Home Depot - got rocks, dirt, fertilized and grass seed. This project is about 3 weeks behind where I wanted it but still hope the grass will take before leaves try to smother it or winter sets in. I have a problem area about 45'x15' where all the top soil has washed away. Put river rocks down on one end to try to stop erosion into one of my critical yard drains. Remainder of area has new dirt and grass seed. It was expensive but worth it if it works. Had wanted to get a couple more things done but help ran out of steam, promised to come back next week. Pleased with work so far, now if they just actually come back to do other tasks.

Just about finished with insurance over robbery. Getting the contents stuff straightened out has proven to be more difficult than I expected. However over all I am satisfied that settlement reasonable.

Now I need to find something for lunch and resume my paper war - beginning to suspect I am not ever going to win the war, just a little battle here and there.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee