hot & muggy Wed...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

hot & muggy Wed...

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:03 am

Good morning all...the title says it all...going to craft with the church ladies...
doc appt. at 2 and that wraps up my day...had problems with the fridge in the
RT...no power...so dealer has it ..need to get it back...going to Anastasia State Park
this weekend...I will be so glad when winter gets here...Pheebe & I are not doing so good
in this summer Florida heat...have a good one & B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Re: hot & muggy Wed...

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:48 am

Good Morning Everyone !! I'm on my way out of this state, headed north and I hope to cooler weather, I am sure ready. Didn't get far yesterday, had to stop at my trusted RV fixer place :) (TriAm) because frig would not work on propane. Needed lines blown out and he said my sensor was to far away from where it should have been . No explanation as to how that happened as it has always worked great. I can understand the buggy situation though, had a lot of wasp around my home in NC when I got back in April and think they set up residents in it. I think it worked coming down first of July though, but with my mind sometimes, I am not counting on it :D Now no side remarks on that comment please :lol: :lol:

The CG I am in is in the McIntosh area, off of 318, just under I-75. Ocala North, I've wondered what the park was like, well it looks great and PA prices were good for me on this trip. My pull thru site is not level, so had to get levelers out but nice site with full hook ups. I just hooked to elec, usually that is all I do for over night stops. A/C coming on and off last night was not to restful, but better than not having it for sure. There seem to be a lot of residents in here, but sites are all nice, its a really nice clean looking park, think there is even a pool. Didn't think to ask her what winter rates were though. Trying to beat another hard rain coming through. Set one hard rain out in parking lot of Winn Dixie and decided I would stop here and not try for further up the road yesterday. No real rush. Neat park, I will probably stop here another time.

Need to get this show on the road, just wanted to check in here, haven't been on much. The stop over at my sisters on my way out, lasted longer then I planned. Her dh has cancer they have found out and its several places, so hated to leave, but they have several of their kids there and coming and a large group of family leaving on a cruise this week end for a week. So I thought all would be ok for awhile. Hard for me to be in that situation, but told her if she needed me, and kids weren't available, I would be back. Not sure I'm up to dealing with it, but prayer works wonders for me, and if she needs me , I will go back for her and him, I really am hating this situation. But there is nothing about cancer to like at all !!!

Must get moving, lots to do at home quickly and I have a route and hoping not to rainy. Some of it is a new route, and thinking I will get home late Thurs or Fri morning. Can't rush my trip ;) want to enjoy as I go.

Take care, stay safe ,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Othersharon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:57 am

Good morning! Another nice day here, the last couple of days have been beautiful, low temps and humidity. Sounds like today it'll get warmer and higher humidity. Fairly typical for this time of year, fall is coming! Don't know where the summer went! I've been at the fair the last several days. Usually go in the afternoon and leave later in the evening. I've taken two of my GS's out and can just turn them loose to do there thing. All I ask is they check in every couple of hours, it's that kind of place. They're older and don't want to hang around the old folks the whole day! They're funny, sometimes they just walk by with their group and give me a little wave, don't want to acknowledge to their friends that they have to check in! Other times they actually come over and talk to us! My friends MIL has had a leak in her RV for the last several days and been on the list for several days to have a mechanic look at it from where she bought it and was really frustrated so she finally ask if I knew anyone. (We didn't want to get between her and her daughter) Anyway I told her about Jim and said I thought he would come out to the fair to look at it. Turns out his family have a spot for their RV and he put an ad in the pac of info they give out to the RVers so he was already on the grounds! Our hero! He was there within an hour after I called him. He found the problem, a fitting on her hot water tank and will get the part and fix it today. In my mind, that's service!

So that's what's been happening in world! Biggest decisions is what we're going to have for dessert every night! And just sitting around the tent visiting. A week of total indulgence! Sue, I also love your colors and that porch! I have to buckle down after the fair and get some things done around here! Plus I would like to make at least one more trip before it's time to put Lola away for winter! Sadly, that's going to come fast! Carolb, won't be long before you head west! And CArol, sorry to hear about your BIL, cancer is so awful. Anita, sounds like your trip in the SS is going well despite some rain here and there! Trying to keep up here but still need to read some more! So will just wish you all a good day and travel safe.
Othersharon

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:08 pm

I brought my son and grandson to the air port and dropped off the exercise bike and was back by 10:30. I hate to drive the truck in Lafayette. I just remembered I forgot to pick up dog food. Hope there is enough until tomorrow so I don't have to go back to town.

One of the local weather men showed a model that predicts where the storm around Puerto Rico might go. One model shows it coming in like Hurricane Ike and 2 models show it turning North around Florida. That's all Harold needed to start freaking out. Never mind that it's not even a hurricane yet and they won't know where it might go until probably Sunday. He has the idea that if he gets a motel room they can't make him leave. I don't know how many times I have told him that if a mandatory evacuation is called all the motels South of I-10 have to close. Maybe he thinks he can get squatters rights. :roll: We have 4 vehicles we have to move out of here. One son is on his way to New Jersey and the other was in Colorado on a job the last time I talked to him.

CArol, have a good trip and I hope you find some cooler weather. It's back to 100 here.

Sharon, I wish I knew someone that could fix something on my Rv in one day and not have to leave it somewhere for 2 weeks to a month. Some of these places are ridiculous. You can't get in for 2 months and they keep it for 2 months.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby chalet05 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Hello from west of Flagstaff, Arizona! I stopped for an iced coffee as for whatever reason, I'm not traveling far today - only to Kingman. Think I'll take a drive to Oatman since I can't check in at the motel until later. Planning to travel north on the very warm Hwy 395 near Death Valley.

I got caught in a lightening storm yesterday - not fun! I was heading for the next exit when the skies opened up - another cyclist and I were getting rain gear on. Bet we were out of it in 2 miles! But the thunder and lightening was very scary. Such fun interactions/conversations with people - all thanks to the SS of course.

CArol, I hear you, but I had to laugh as I waited for the temp to reach 60 degrees this morning! It was a little chilly ride but refreshing. Martha, men sure get some crazy ideas sometimes! I like the squatter's rights idea - wonder if we can pull that in parked RVs!? OSharon, good the boys can have their space!

Time to read more and then hit the road. Make it a great day and safe travels!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Redetotry » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:40 pm

chalet05 wrote: Planning to travel north on the very warm Hwy 395 near Death Valley.

Anita please tell me you have at least a top for the SS is you are going through Death Valley !!! ACK

It is hot and humid here after a few days relief. We have a lot of leaves down already so I am hoping for an early fall. Wistful thinking, I know.

Martha, It sound as though you have your hands full keeping all the men/boys in line! You may have to disconnect the phone and hide Harold's keys. :)
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:40 pm

No top, BJ. You just keep moving with lots of cold water and ice on hand!
Anita
chalet05

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:33 pm

It is not morning. However, wanted to tell Anita how much I have been enjoying her adventures on her SS. Hwy 395 is one of the most beautiful drives in the country! It will be warm, high 90's to lo 100's. And, is 100 miles west of Death Valley! Watch your speed as the Highway Patrol will be watching you!!! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Return to Morning Coffee