Summer Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Summer Saturday

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:04 am

Good Morning from Marion, Ohio, this morning. Remember you can order up whatever you can imagine from the Forum Personal Chef who will cook and serve to your specifications. Calories don't count here on the forum. :)

Hope everyone makes it a great day and finds their adventures worthy.

Josef and I are sitting here at the fairgrounds at a dog show with Remi and Audrey. The weather is pretty warm but hopefully not too hot. I am surviving with solar. It appears that the transfer switch may have gone out in the rig so there is no electric available from either the post or from running the generator. The solar panels and my batteries are saving us. I can run the fans all day and night. No AC and if I want hot soup I might actually have to use the stove. For those of you that remember I don't cook, for me to clear off the stove top is a big step. :)

I have some shows to enter later in August but the next couple of weeks are down time. Good thing. It will give me time to get the rig checked out before I take off again in late August.

Josef is enjoying running with the big (older) dogs in the breed classes and trying to remember not to act like an adolescent with the attention span Stuart looking for a squirrel......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Summer Saturday

Postby carolb » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:48 am

Gmorning Tina & all to follow:)

Sounds like a nice day for a dog show! Good to see you opening MC this a.m. It's amazing how much cooling a fan or two can provide. Anita has been here three nights not using electric for ac--says she's doing just fine with fans! Kinda like driving/riding in the SS on a hot day ;) Yep, we did almost 300 miles yesterday!

Lyn, so excited for you to be off on your first trip with TT! You're amazing at "your age," if you don't mind me using that term :oops: But I use it to let you know you are such an inspiration to so many, if not all, of us!!!

Barbie, don't these people tell you they have cat-hating dogs when you ask them? Guess it might save you some time/trouble if you just not bother with any that do have dogs, even if they say their dogs are friendly. I'd probably say my dogs are "friendly," but I know they bark at cats. You'd think people would be honest in that way??

Oh, BTW, Peg wasn't able to make it to our gtg:( Something came up that she couldn't avoid. But she joined us the other night via phone! That was all well & good, however she was going to be bringing the mojitos--somehow couldn't get those through the phone :lol: ;) We sure missed you Peg, but then, I got ALL the SS rides :mrgreen:

Ok, rambling...y'all have a great day! Be safe always 8-)
carolb

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:09 am

Quickie Good Morning here,

Tina, great ro see you open MC. Been thinking about you and wondering how your summer was going. Figured you were busy on the show circuit. Hope you get your electrical issue solved. But I agree, fans do wonders. Carolb, you are a enjoying Anita's company and those SS rides too I see. Lot of us getting jealous :lol:

Am leaving here shortly with neighbor. Off to a craft show for a bit. Tree crew came yesterday and cleared my yard of skinny trees, bushes and stumps. Much more open now. Time to order a flagpole :) Not sure where rest of day is going, but I'm sure something will happen. Ya'all have a great one.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby asirimarco » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:41 am

Good Morning to All - got up early this a.m. to watch truck qualifying on TV and found it has been rained out in PA. Made the bed so won't go back to sleep. It is a very hazy day here in Vegas - lots of wind and air is full of dust. And it actually got down into the high 80's last night. First time it's been below 90 in a week. And we are headed into a much needed cool down - will only be 101 to 103! in a couple of days. Guess it is all relative.
The Rv will go to the dealer Wednesday to get the awning replaced - from the accident. Then maybe we'll take another little trip. Bill is bored to death here as it is too hot to go outside or in the garage to do anything. I at least have my sewing to keep me busy. If we can find someplace cooler maybe we'll take another short trip.
Now that my infection is gone I'm going to stop taking my pp pills, doctors suggestion, and see if I still leak. Wonder how long it will take to find out. Be nice if the infection was the cause of that too.
Stay safe on the road if you're traveling and cool and or dry if you're not.
asirimarco

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:46 am

Good morning.
Nothing exciting or even interesting going on with me so haven't been posting lately. Still getting 2 allergy shots weekly and between the severe allergy problems and miserably hot (dangerous levels) weather have mostly been confined to house. Poor Nicky is bored to death.
Tina - hope your electrical problem is an easy fix. Sounds like the solar was a very good investment.
On my agenda today: Bill paying and maybe shopping for a new skillet if I venture out later. Think I want one of the ceramic lined skillets. The T-Fal I'm replacing has got to be 30 years old an scratched bad. Any one have experience/ recommendation on these?
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Redetotry » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:22 am

bluepinecones wrote:Good morning.
Nothing exciting or even interesting going on with me so haven't been posting lately. Still getting 2 allergy shots weekly and between the severe allergy problems and miserably hot (dangerous levels) weather have mostly been confined to house. Poor Nicky is bored to death.
Tina - hope your electrical problem is an easy fix. Sounds like the solar was a very good investment.
On my agenda today: Bill paying and maybe shopping for a new skillet if I venture out later. Think I want one of the ceramic lined skillets. The T-Fal I'm replacing has got to be 30 years old an scratched bad. Any one have experience/ recommendation on these?

Sarah, do you have a TJ Max store there? I bought a 8" Grand Chef Ross Guss skillet, made in Italy, there for $12.99. Definitely is non stick and is PFAO and APFO free. I went back and bought the 10" for $16.99. Wish they had the 12' size. Here is the 12" on ebay higher price but if you can't find it at TJ's I'd say worth it. I've tried the Cuisinart and the Le Creusart version of the 'new' teflon and it does stick.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roche-Guss-Gran ... SwENxXmKmq

Good to hear from you Tina and I hope the weather says moderate or bearable for the show. Hope your puppers do well. I can't wait until fall!!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby avalen » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:09 am

Good morning ladies
What a wonderful adventure I had yesterday, my friend Bill took
me up to Flagstaff to get out of the heat for the day. Traveled
the back roads to get there through Payson, and went to Walnut
Canyon Nat'l Park. The most fabulous Indian ruins hike I ever did.
The weather was beautiful, and the hike was only a mile loop but the
hard part was all the coming back up, kicked my but and I forgot all
being in high altitude, I thought I was going to die!! I was whooped!
It was well worth it though. Caught a big storm on the way back, we
also stopped at Tonto Natural Bridge, it was hot there because we
were closer to the valley, but finally saw that, and don't need to
see again.Dinner in Payson and got home at dusk. Today its only 78
in Superior, much better than 108 in the valley. I have pictures on
the camera but of course I'll have to get them on the computer when
I get home. My calves are feeling yesterdays hike for sure, it was the
stairs that did it.
Off to get a nap, y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:36 am

I'm having eggs over-easy with toast fingers and lots of bacon, because allergies don't count on the forum either! Yummy!

We're all very happy here. Son #2's wife is home after her obligatory two years in Palestine. It's wonderful!

Sarah, I have the ceramic-lined cookware now, and I really like it. It's a bit more fragile than stainless steel and doesn't stick nearly as much. :D I can't remember what brand I bought -- I think I found the set on Amazon. Lovely stuff.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Tina, I hope it doesn't get too hot with you with no ac. Last campout I brought a 14 inch fan and set it in the front of my motorhome and ran it all the time. My air conditioner makes so much noise and as soon as it cuts off it get stuffy. The fan helped a lot keeping the air moving. It was 100 here earlier but has cooled off to 98. :lol:

I had a thin bagel with the strawberry cream cheese. Someone at the last campout had some of the thin bagels and I finally found some. I'm not a fan of the regular bagels. I like the strawberry cream cheese so much I could eat it with a spoon.

I have one of the orange no-stick pans from Walmart. It's the one that's advertised on TV.. Most things don't stick in it. Harold is always burning things in the skillets so he eventually ruins them. Most of my sauce pans came from TJ Maxx or Ross. It takes a while to get a matched set but I have 4 different sizes.

I would be afraid to go off and leave one of my cats in a house with an out of control dog too. Harold watches the animal channel and the dog trainer shows. The ones I have watched most of the problems are because the dog is in charge instead of the people. I wouldn't trust our dog shut up in a room with a cat. The very first day Harold picked him up he jumped at one of the barn cats. Harold corrected him and now if he passes a cat he looks the other way. But he doesn't like cats and I wouldn't trust him alone with one. Years ago when we had 3 dogs that were loose all the time their favorite thing was to chase the cats up a tree. They knew they weren't suppose to be doing that. As soon as I stepped out where they could see me they would nonchalantly walk away like chasing the cat wasn't what they were doing.

I don't know what I will do this afternoon. It's too hot to do much.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks. I do have a TJ Maxx not too far from house and have never been in the store. I don't need a whole set of cookware - just a skillet or two.

Tina - I found a medium size battery powered fan to replace the one that was stolen. I don't have solar and wanted it as a back up in case without power and not able to run generator.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Liz » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Still morning in OR for 15 minutes. I drove one and a half hours to my next campground this morning...my favorite kind of travel day. I am in a NF cg at Hosmer Lake in the Cascades Lakes region west of Bend. It is a pleasant 79 degrees here now and the forecast for the week I'll be here is sunny and 70s. Perfect weather. There are many pretty lakes close by, so I can kayak a different one every day if I want to.

Tina, sorry about the RV problem. Hope it gets fixed quickly. I recently had to have my water pump replaced. There's always something.

Alice, that sounds like a great hike you had. I love that area around Payson.

Sarah I thought I was buying a ceramic fry pan a couple years ago, but it turned out to be a Cuisinart. It's a good pan, so haven't replaced it, but it does stick a little.

Carol, I hope your awning gets fixed quickly so you can escape from that heat. I don't know how you stand it. Come to Oregon.

Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:15 pm

I am losing it. Thought I posted this morning, but obviously I did not. Right now, I am trying to distract myself from abdominal pain. I think I am passing a kidney stone so am drinking a ton of water. I have had a lot of kidney stones in my life and it is not fun, but I no longer go to emergency rooms because all they do is give you fluids and pain meds, which I already have, Took a half vicodin and then another half. Think I will try going out for a brief walk to distract me. No TV because no service, but maybe I will watch a video later.

Also, today is supposed to be a work day online but it is hot, hot here and I have generator running all day to give me AC. And with pain, can't concentrate on work. Was OK this morning, but I did notice very dark urine. Pain started about two hours ago, and hopefully I will get rid of this thing soon. Been there, done this, a lot of times before. Not pleasant but it does go away.

Updated my blogs, except for yesterday's drive through Theodore Roosevelt national park. Saw lots of buffalo.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee