Good Sunday Morning!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Good Sunday Morning!

Postby eviebooboo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:18 am

Blue skies in central VA - I can finally dry out the awning! And the AT thru-hikers get a much-needed dry spell.

Now that we've passed the solstice, the days will start getting shorter (noooo - way too early!) and the humidity is starting to kick in here. Hope you all had a chance to see that fabulous moon we had earlier in the week.

Went to a friend's 35th year high school reunion camp-out and since I know many in her class, it was nice to see familiar faces and catch up. Lit giant sparklers and released several lantern balloons into the clear night sky in memory of lost friends, family, and furry friends.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday,
Eve
No matter where you go, there you are
http://advantureswitheve.blogspot.com/
eviebooboo

Re: Good Sunday Morning!

Postby asirimarco » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 am

Good morning to all, coffee is hot. We're still in Hagerman ID - and again this morning it is chilly. But by tomorrow when we go to Boise it is supposed to be 97. Hope not.
Took a ride yesterday out past Twin Falls to the Jananese concentration camp there. Minidoka. There was an older gentleman who had been there. He was in high school at the time. So sad. Interesting to visit and hear how hard it has been to get it to be a National Park.
Today we will probably stay home, need to do some cleaning and there is a race and a BIG soccer game. Good thing we have two TVs.
Be safe on the road.
asirimarco

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:17 am

Got a pretty good long night's sleep last night. Much needed after the previous night!

Cooler and sunny today here. Will take my time unloading my car and get someone to help me unload my kayak from my Jeep.

I am going to look at that apartment I found last week on CL in a nearby town, later this evening. Luckily, it is a single female who owns the house and lives there. It is a block from the little farm town, with a store, bar, 3 restaurants, and a vet clinic within a block or two. There is a river that runs along the town too that is good for kayaking. It is only 15 minutes from work so not too far out.

Will try to get caught up on here today. Hope everyone is safe and happy! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby cnq50b » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:01 am

Good morning everyone.
Barbie that apartment location sounds lovely - hope the apartment itself is nice. I'd love to live in such a location - not sure what I'm doing in LA! :?
Carol, visiting one of those camps would make me sad too. I cried as I drove across New Mexico thinking what we did to the native Americans. :(
Sue, I could almost smell the fresh & clean air in your new house. Lots of work, but it will be so worth it once you've made it your own. Hope you enjoy your week of fun coming up.
Judy, I hate doctor visits - hope you get them all behind you soon & find the update you need to do to your classes are easy.

I took my son & grands to the airport yesterday. So the celebrations are officially over. Have made 6 airport runs within the last week - of course mine pale in comparison to my SIL who has made 5 between San Diego & LAX with his family. His mom returns to France today & then I hope he & Gaby can finally relax & enjoy their life together.

Was just notified that my rent is going up by $150/month in Sept! :shock: Will probably stay put but will look around a little. Definitely can't subsidize my grands in my house any more - already talked to them while they were out here, but putting together numbesrs & will let them know what it will take to stay in it. Otherwise, when I go back in Aug - they'll need to find somewhere else so I can get mine ready for sale or renting out.

Well, I think Sadie & I will hit the beach in a bit & then back to work & baby tomorrow.
Take care everyone & stay safe.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Return to Morning Coffee