Monday with the sistahs

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday with the sistahs

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon May 23, 2016 7:26 am

It is Monday right? Already lost track of time. Drive down was uneventful, but when I unhitched realized I was in the wrong site :cry: Stpid state of Il put the site markers in this park after the site, so hitched back up and moved. Yea go ahead and laugh but I'm pleading being tired and a newbie still.

Lunch yesterday with BJ, Mitch and Roberta but didnt even think about a group pic. Then Roberta &I did a couple short 3/4 mile hike. Had todrive to both of them since this park is so big. Biggest trail is 12 miles we canstart at the CG which we plan on this morning...but not the whole thing lol

Eileen is coming down today for a couple of nites so will be good to see her again too.

PS Dont want to ruin Mitchs reputation, but she didnt poison us with her sloppy joes :P

Have a good day ladies and stay safe on the roads.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Monday with the sistahs

Postby PeggyinCT » Mon May 23, 2016 7:41 am

Good morning Everybody, What a nice way to open morning coffee with a gtg report. Have fun and Enjoy today. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby Colliemom » Mon May 23, 2016 7:49 am

Morning Irish and all,

Sounds like you gals are having a good time already. Gonna be walking your legs off too I see. Glad to hear that Mitch didn't poison you wit her sloppy joes though :lol: Have fun and enjoy yourselves. I think the bail fund is sufficient. Sorry you backed into the wrong site, but happens. Look at it this way. You are getting more hitching and backing practice :lol:

No word yet as to whether the other buyers for my neighbors house were able to come up with the necessary funds to purchase. Today is the dealine and the fact that it's taking it right to the deadline, makes me wonder if they have something in the works. If it falls through for me, I am going to maybe make another offer for the lake house since the family is getting the big issues taken care of. New roof and chimney repair are done, now to see if the do the water tank and furnace. Maybe we can work a deal. Shall see what happens here.

Another beautiful day here but we really need rain. Wish you gals in the south that are getting so much of it, could send it up here. The U.P. is under a Red Flag Warning and we are under a Fire Weather Watch till tomorrow. I don't worry about fires here, but there are areas to my south here that have bad ones sometimes.

Noting much on agenda today. Heading up to town on a couple of errands and also to bank to pad the wallet a little. Spent yesterday puttering around here. Got all my lawn decorations in one area so can be moved when time comes. Also finished turning over dirt in a flower bed and pulling out some weeds here and there. Want to keep yard looking nice for he new owners. Mosquito's make it hard to spend much time out there and the sun is hot too. So kind of working inside instead. Did get all the packed boxes out of house into garage and my spare bedroom emptied, pictures off the walls and bed and bed frame apart and ready to move. Just need to pull out the nails I hung pictures on and touch up the nail holes. so moving right along here. Once I get settled as to where I am going, then can start contacting some of the utilities etc. that I need to notify for service changes later and other places of address changes.
Hard to believe this is Memorial Day weekend coming up already. Am chewing around maybe heading up to the U.P. for a few days if things settle down this week and i don't have to spend time find a place to move to. Maybe my friends for sale trailer might be home too. I could easily live in that one. I cancelled both my June and July SP reservations and made another one at the same park I was to go to in July instead. Just by luck a site about 3 down from the June one was open, so I grabbed it. Looking forward to that one as haven't been to that park before. Site is right on the boating canal between two lakes. Should be nice.

Well, going to get ready to head off here. Dryer just stopped, so had better get them folded. Hoping you all have a nice day here. Nancy, looking forward to hearing about how things are continuing to go for you.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Redetotry » Mon May 23, 2016 9:29 am

Oh no Cheryl, after all that you were in the wrong site!! I think I would have just stayed and hope if someone else came in they would also read the sign wrong. I think I learned from your experience with the electric to always check that first thing.
Sue, you may get that lake house yet, maybe it is just meant to be.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon May 23, 2016 9:32 am

Good morning everybody sounds like everybody's busy I'm busy this morning trying to fix the leak around my black tank area it's hard to describe but it's one little tiny hole my first attempt was a failure so I'm trying again I'll let you know what happens
grammynmaggie

Postby Acadianmom » Mon May 23, 2016 10:12 am

Cheryl, the numbers in a lot of campgrounds are confusing to me. I like when the sites are paved and they spray paint the number on the pavement. I need to make a recommendation to the state park near me. The sites on the left side of the road are angled toward you as you enter so if you try to park when you first get to the site it takes some doing. I saw someone take out the number pole one time trying to get in like that. They don't tell you that if you go to the end of the road there is a turnaround and you would be going the right way to get into the site if you go to the turnaround and come back.

Sue, good luck with finding a place for your mail to go. We are still getting mail at our old address and we only moved next door 10 years ago. I wish the junk mail couldn't find us. I would hate to be so up in the air about where I'm going especially since you have to move everything.

It looks like the weather should be good this week so my sister and I are going to the lake tomorrow for a few days. We will come back before the weekend and leave the lake for the holiday campers. I have some errands to run and get what we need to take. We'll see if I can get everything loaded today and get on the road tomorrow before noon.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon May 23, 2016 11:01 am

Sue, luckily both sites are pull thru so more backup practice will have to wait... :D
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon May 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Sue.....I think giving the lake house another chance isn't a bad idea. It is small and doesn't seem to have the land around it to maintain. Get out your pencil and do some math. Make an offer that would give you the funds to fix whatever they haven't gotten to do yet......The worst they could do is not accept it. If they have had their eyes opened maybe they will take it. I know we sold my father's 42 acres, house and workshop, "as is." We even let the realtor show prospective buyers the rather detailed and sad inspection of all the things that needed fixing. (My parents had not really maintained much of anything in those last ten years....) At some point it costs less to let a property go at a reduced price than it does to hold onto it for a "maybe." Houses sitting empty are never a good thing.....repairs that are needed only get worst..... Good Luck.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon May 23, 2016 7:53 pm

Good evening gals!
I worked this morning for awhile for a coworker who had to go to a funeral. Then I headed down to southern MN to visit my ferrets! I was a little worried about the weather since they were saying chance of heavy rain and thunderstorms all day. I could see rain around me but never ran into any of it down there or back. Now there are storms just moving in to the west of me which will hit in about a half hour or so. (I can hear some rain starting now).

Anyways...my little guys remembered me!! :) Moose seemed very happy to see me and kept licking me all over! I had stopped at Petco on the way down there and picked up some treats and a toy. I got Chelsea to roll over a few times for some treats. She is so sweet and such a tiny little thing! She has a friend who looks just like her and I couldn't tell them apart until I said "roll over" and waited to see which one would do it! Lol!

They now have 16 ferrets, 3 cats, 5 dogs, a rabbit and a guinea pig! I have to say that the house is immaculate and you can't smell any animal smell at all. Nothing is out of place in the house and the ferret room in spotless! The ferrets are all happy and healthy and get lots of attention. My two are in ferret heaven there! The reason they have so many ferrets is they do a lot of rescues. Only one of theirs they got at a pet store.
I will post pics in the pet section.

Also got my new Chromebook hooked up to the wifi in my apartment building (the manager has to do that for me) so I can play with that now.

Hope you all had a good day today! Sue, I hope you get some place to live soon! Don't need you to be homeless! It would be a tight fit in your little trailer with you and the 2 dogs fulltime!

(On the way back from seeing the ferrets, I drove past the new Amazon fulfillment warehouse in Shakopee. Huge building! Not sure if it is open yet. That will employ a lot of people there!)
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee