Fantastic Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Fantastic Friday

Postby Colliemom » Fri May 06, 2016 6:25 am

Good Morning ladies

Don't have to be anywhere today, so now can sit down here and play catch up with what's going on, although one never really catches up on here as too much doing some days. But it sounds busy out there these past couple of days. Lyn, glad you are starting to venture out to your rig slow but sure and now Mikki is thinking RV again possibly. Marda has moved full time into hers, yay.

Anita, I think that's a smart move heading out across 90 rather than 80. Granted it is a long boring stretch for awhile in WY, but I loved the drive in SD. Took 80 across the lower part of WY on way home, but couldn't get off it fast enough with all the crazy truckers on there, whew! If you get the AZ dirt out of your truck, how about coming here and shoveling winter out of mine :lol: Keep saying I have to do it, but that's as far as I have gotten so far. I just had a brand new hitch receiver platform put on yesterday as GM is recalling all the trucks that have trailering equip on to replace those. Apparently welds can break causing the whole works to let go and one sure doesn't want that tooling down the road with trailer in tow :o

Still holding in show mode here a bit yet. Realtor suggested I do that till I at least get past the upcoming house inspection, whenever that is or till the closing on the one house happens on the 20th. Don't have to be as vigilant as I was though. I have made arrangements with a home inspector to go over the house that I want to buy and that will happen next Tuesday. Then will have a better idea the shape and conditions of things. although after reading the agreement and what they aren't responsible for doing and what not, makes me wonder what they look for :lol: Need to call my agent in a while to have him check and see if water pump at that house is on or if system has been drained as inspector can't check operation of water lines etc. without it.

Need to make a quick run to the hardware store this morning for small can of white paint. Did some minor repairs on the house yesterday and need to do some touch up on wood trim where I put on a new piece of moulding. Put a new door bottom on one of my service doors and also fixed a loose gutter. Today is clean out the gutters day, shouldn't take long.

Hope you gals have a nice day today and a great weekend. We are in for great sunny and warm day here and then some rain for tomorrow and a little cooler again. Typical spring weather in a way. No complaints here.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Fantastic Friday

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri May 06, 2016 6:47 am

Good morning Sue everybody... sitting here waiting to take Dad to his doctor's appointment in about 45 minutes... did my daily sunrise post on Facebook I would do that here if it was easier... tomorrow we are taking a road trip,,, chihuahuas are taking over the Bandshell at The Daytona Beach... the dress up and have a judge for judges pick out the best one and I'm not sure if there's other categories or not this is my first time up there... I am going with Margie and she and her pups have been there before in fact I think Buddy made best of show last year...grrr every time I post here halfway through the post my keyboard stops working on my phone just did it again... Pheebe is not ready to dress up and compete yet but I think she would dress up okay cuz she sure likes to wear her sweater but it would be too much excitement for her too many people she still goes crazy around people... anyway I kind of lost my train of thought so I will let it go for now everyone have a good day &B safe ...donna
Last edited by grammynmaggie on Fri May 06, 2016 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
grammynmaggie

Postby carolb » Fri May 06, 2016 6:56 am

Gmorning Sue, Donna & all to follow:)

Congrats Sue on the pending sale--hope all goes well with inspections on both houses. Anita, safe travels. Lyn, so excited for your new travel trailer:)

Donna, how fun to go to the chihuahua event! Hi to Margie:)

Seeing some sun here for most of the morning so far--first time since I've been home. Rain later today & for most of the weekend, so yesterday I mowed again. Yep, had just mowed on Tuesday. Can't wait to do more, as in getting plants in the ground, but the "rule" here is not till after Mem Day.

Need to get busy cleaning HB--while the sun is still shining:) Y'all have a great day & be safe 8-)
carolb

Postby Redetotry » Fri May 06, 2016 8:23 am

Good Morning all from chilly Southern Illinois. It has been in the mid-forties at night and mid-sixties days for awhile now and I am totally spoiled. The weather man says change is a coming though.
Finally found a young man to do some much needed yard work!! He is clean cut, polite, plus a hard worker, (and as an added bonus very easy on the eyes). :D He is even going to do WINDOWS!! We have those old fashioned storm windows that weigh a ton and they are too heavy and difficult to remove for DH to attempt. It almost takes a miracle to find help these days as young people have no idea how to work because most never have the opportunity to learn. He will do very well with his business I'm sure even at his $50.00 anh our rate. :o
Toby is recovering well from his stomach issue, they still don't know the cause but I sure had a sick little dog for several days. He is still on a restricted diet for a few days and will be glad to be able to get everyone back on the same feeding schedule. I was so thankful that it was not his pancreas!
Good luck to all in the process of moving or trying to move and safe travels to all on the road.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Olive6001 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:50 am

Good morning everyone. Hard to believe it's Friday again. I'm looking forward to having lunch with friends I haven't seen for a while. On the way home I'll swing by Lowe's and buy the caulk to finish recaulking Betsy's back end. Learned that the carpenter who came so highly recommended isn't available for at least a month, and the fellows who were going to do some other work are busy also. Repairing damage from heavy rain and hailstorms is keeping all the trades folk hopping. They have no problem pushing my little jobs to the end of their lists or just forgetting about me all together when something more profitable comes along . It's a bummer for me, but I understand. BJ, I'm happy for you to have found someone to do your yard work. Safe travels to all.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby Redetotry » Fri May 06, 2016 9:41 am

Olive6001 wrote:On the way home I'll swing by Lowe's and buy the caulk to finish recaulking Betsy's back end. BJ, I'm happy for you to have found someone to do your yard work
Nikki

Thanks Nikki, Betsy.
I think it might take more than caulk though to fix my rear end.
I often forget because I have gone by BJ for so many years but my real name is Betsy Jane. :lol: :lol:
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Olive6001 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:54 am

:lol: :lol: Too funny!

BJ, If all it took was caulk, I'd have the fanny of a twenty-five year old.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby Acadianmom » Fri May 06, 2016 11:16 am

Liz, I have to point out the bad marketing decisions on the sleeve length. :lol: Down here there aren't many days I even consider wearing long sleeves.

Nikki, I don't remember if Betsy is the name of your rig. I'm sure Birdie has told you what kind of caulk to use on an RV. I don't remember what it is but I know there is one kind not to use.

Lyn, don't over do trying to move from one rig to another. It's amazing the amount of stuff we can pack into an RV.

My valve extenders are in Dallas so they should be her early next week. I do not like driving my motorhome not know what some of the tires are doing.

Guess I will go back to town again today. I need to go to the post office and I won't get there before they close on Saturday. I stepped out on the porch this morning and our weather is so nice for a change. It's kind of cool and sunny.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri May 06, 2016 11:25 am

Gorgeous day here outside with sunshine and high to be in the mid to upper 80's later. Will be at work by then.

A small crisis this morning. My dad's renter called and said my dad got a ride to the bank to get a loan for $5K to give to the lottery scammers. I called the bank to talk to the loan officer but they put me thru to my dad instead and we got in an argument. I called my brother and he called the bank and talked to the manager about it. They said they were not going to give him the loan. Now my dad is furious with his renter for calling me and telling me about it. The renter had refused to take him to the bank even tho my dad threatened to kick him out if he didn't. I just got off the phone with the renter again and while I was talking to him, my dad showed up at his door and I overheard a very nasty argument between them. The renter was calmly trying to explain he was just trying to help him but my dad just went totally off on him. So the renter is feeling bad and caught in the middle. I told him he is not obligated to do anything he doesn't feel comfortable with.
So things are escalating with this whole situation. I guess my two brothers are not on speaking terms now either. It is really tearing the whole family apart. Hopefully, my older brother will get the ball rolling now with a lawyer and get control over his finances, etc. Something needs to happen soon! :(

Anyways, I need to calm down and get ready for work. Hope you all have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Fri May 06, 2016 12:14 pm

Barbie, your dad is a hand full. Isn't there a way to forward calls to another number like when you go on vacation. If you all could forward his calls to you or your brother then you could screen his calls. But then you wouldn't be able to call him. Maybe get him one of the jitterbug phones and tell him it's for emergencies.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby dpf » Fri May 06, 2016 12:27 pm

Martha, I have to agree with you on all the 3/4 length sleeves...I can see that some women in offices that are air-conditioned to the point you can hang beef would prefer them. It seems that everything is either sleeveless or 3/4. I don't wear sleeveless because of my batwings. I also hate all the V-necks and scoop necks that so low that your bra shows.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Acadianmom » Fri May 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Pat, I don't wear sleeveless either. Most of my shirts are short sleeve so I have a farmer's tan. :lol: I wonder who they are making the scoop neck shirts for because my bra shows in most of them. I seldom even bother to try one on. Cracker Barrel has all these lacy summer shirts. As soon as I loose 50 pounds I'm going to buy one of those. :lol:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Olive6001 » Fri May 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Acadianmom wrote:Liz, I have to point out the bad marketing decisions on the sleeve length. :lol: Down here there aren't many days I even consider wearing long sleeves.

Nikki, I don't remember if Betsy is the name of your rig. I'm sure Birdie has told you what kind of caulk to use on an RV. I don't remember what it is but I know there is one kind not to use.

Yes, I know what kind of caulk to use now. Everyone's been a huge help. I didn't make it to Lowe's was just too tired after lunch. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. :roll:
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Return to Morning Coffee