Friday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:44 am

Good Morning,

Here we are, Friday again. The weeks are flying by. Bit damp and cloudy here this morning but forecast calls for clearing and sunshine later today. Fall color is starting to appear slow but sure. We are about 1-2 weeks away from peak color. Late this year due to the warm weather we have been having. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful fall color season from what I have seen in tres that are starting to turn already. Will be time to go "leaf peeping" before long.

Today I am going to Charlevoix for their Apple Festival. It's always a big crowd draw and finding a place to park can be a challenge sometimes. But all the Apple growers in the region set up shop with all kinds of goodies and of course cider and apples. There is also a huge craft show right along the harbor in town as well. Beautiful place to browse the booths.

I just finished making a little Pumpkin trailer for Halloween and posted it in the Arts and Crafts section if you care to look. Right now it's over at the State Park where I used to work for their annual Halloweenfest this weekend, the which of I will go see what's happening tomorrow and enjoy looking at all the decorated campsites.

Haven't been on here for past few days, so need to play catch up here. So will wish those on the road, safe and enjoyable travels and prayers for those with health issues or family with them.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Friday Morning

Postby Queen » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:53 am

Morning, Sue!

It is so strange here in FL, there are Halloween decorations everywhere but I'm still in shorts and flips flops, so it doesn't seem like Fall, or Halloween. We got invited to a Halloween party though, haven't been to one in many years, think it will be fun.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby chalet05 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:09 am

Good Morning,

Sue, would love to browse that craft show with you! Mickie, laughing because I have trouble believing it's Christmas when I'm in Arizona or Florida! Love the route Beth is getting to see!

Today is the coolest we will have until I leave here the 20th. Probably a good day to take my aunt for a SS (Slingshot) ride - finally. Also to continue with yard work.

Homecoming football game tonight. School plays host to cross country meet tomorrow so don't have to go far for that. Cousin's daughter may still round up a ticket for me to attend Kansas State U football game tomorrow night.

Found a highly recommended dealer in Oklahoma City who will fix latest SS glitch and do 5000 mile service. I'll go there on my way to Alabama. Other dealers (who were all about 100 miles from where I was) wanted me to bring in SS first to confirm glitch before ordering parts!

Continued thoughts and prayers (guess we can all use those). Safe travels to those on the road.
Anita
chalet05

Postby PeggyinCT » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:34 am

Good morning Everybody and such a beautiful morning it is in Albuquerque. I have a reservation for a balloon ride on Sunday morning, the last day of the Fiesta. I had to have a serious talk with myself about going up in a balloon by myself. I really prefer to go with a friend, but when nobody wants to go for whatever the reason I had screw up my courage. Do you find it more difficult to do things and go places by yourself now that you are older? Enjoy today. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby Redetotry » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:41 am

PeggyinCT wrote:Good morning Everybody and such a beautiful morning it is in Albuquerque. I have a reservation for a balloon ride on Sunday morning, the last day of the Fiesta. I had to have a serious talk with myself about going up in a balloon by myself. I really prefer to go with a friend, but when nobody wants to go for whatever the reason I had screw up my courage. Do you find it more difficult to do things and go places by yourself now that you are older? Enjoy today. Peggy

Peggy, I admire your courage and I'm happy that you made a reservation even though you have to go alone. I too find it more difficult to go places alone which really surprises me as it is such a change.
Sue, I checked out your pumpkin trailer and loved it, very clever!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:56 am

Good Morning all -- it is a beautiful morning in WI. Leaves are turning and are beautiful. Off to get a hair cut this a.m. not sure what I will be doing in the P.M Sunday going for drive along the Mississippi to see the colors and stop in the little towns along the way, should be a very nice day. As for doing activities by yourself, I am used to it, have been alone for a long time. Sometimes I have friends along, but more often than not, not!
Have a great time everyone and if traveling be safe.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:50 am

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful AM here in CA.
Peggy enjoy your balloon ride - pat yourself on the back for doing it by yourself. I guess it's either do it by yourself or miss out!!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby monik7 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:56 am

PeggyinCT wrote: Do you find it more difficult to do things and go places by yourself now that you are older? Enjoy today. Peggy

Almost everything I do is by myself. Doesn't mean I like it though. :( Thankfully I have my dogs and cat for RVing.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Queen » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:43 pm

I've been half of a couple most of my adult life, really don't know what I'd do if I was alone. I know when Mary travels for work I behave badly, she's a health and fitness person so when she's away I eat bad food and watch movies she doesn't like, usually involving explosions and some gore. Hope I wouldn't be that way permanently if I'm ever alone.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby chalet05 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Peggy, enjoy the ride!! I did it many years ago and loved it.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Peg, there are certain things I like to do with someone BUT I've discovered if I wait for anyone I miss it, so now, if I really want to do then, I do. Good for you, screwing up your courage. I hope you love it as much as I did.

Anita, it's way warmer than normal here now. Nights cold, but it was 70 or above today! Loving it. I'm going to take "the loneliest road" through Nevada. :-) I'm guessing I won't have a signal for much of that, but I've been really surprised some places I've had one.

BTW, I've never been a dinosaur fan, but after today!!! This place is amazing. And I have to come back as there's more I want to do! I might have to do a blog post, I took so many pictures. Maybe I'll even do one for Rocky Mountain NP, even though I posted so much on FB. We'll see when I'm stopped long enough.

The check engine light came on in my car, going to look for an auto parts store the rest of my trip and find out why. After all the years my last rv had it on, I don't worry too much but want to make sure. A couple at one of the pull overs here and I were talking. Theirs has been on most of 8 to 10 years lol. Every now and then they double check that nothing's changed. (They had it fixed more than once, but like me with the last rv, the fixes never last.)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dpf » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:36 pm

Have fun Peggy! Considering that I think that I should start saying the rosary on the third rung of ladder....I don't think a hot air balloon ride is for me.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Return to Morning Coffee