Oceanview Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Oceanview Monday

Postby JudyJB » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:24 am

Can't believe no one has posted yet. It is Monday, isn't it?

I have a terrific campsite today, right on the Bay of Fundy, but about 60 miles easy of Fundy Provincial Park. Small town is called St. Martins, and it has sea caves that I will ride my bike to later today when the tide is going out. Right now it is coming in, so don't want to get trapped. Besides, I have Maine wild blueberry pancakes to eat! Also got work to do today. Since it is end of semester, things are beginning to get hectic.

Nice ladies at check-in gave me the prime spot at the end of the row, and this morning almost everyone has left, so it is very quiet. Got my windows open to get the cool ocean breeze. If it weren't so foggy and hazy, I might be able to see Nova Scotia from here.

Hope everyone is doing well.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Oceanview Monday

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:40 am

Good morning Judy and everyone else.... whenever I try to open morning coffee someone else usually is doing at same time and I just messes everything up so I tried to wait and then sometimes I forget you're waiting... anyway not having such a great day my air conditioning stopped working I put a note on maintenance and tech thread I don't know what to do I'm heading back to Florida in the heat and it's supposed to be high 8osand possibly 90 here all week... I feel like I am really ready to sell that motor home....
grammynmaggie

Postby Queen » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:49 am

Morning all!

Judy, that place sounds so nice, and much cooler than here in FL!

Sorry to hear about your AC, Donna. It's not awful here right now, been very cloudy and rainy with the leftovers from Erika.

Off to do water aerobics!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby gingerK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:36 am

Good morning gals,
Judy that place sounds Heavenly! A nice breeze off the water! Be careful when you visit those sea caves, please.

Donna, I have no idea what you should do about the ac. I am not very mechanical minded, so I just usually find someone who is to fix whatevers wrong. Sorry, I am no help :(

Mickie, I was wondering if that TS Erika was going to affect you. I didn't know for sure what side of the state you were on, was hoping not the one where you'd get the brunt of the storm.

My son called yesterday, seems he needs some help to paint his shop now that they have got it almost ready to reopen (at least the front half of it). So guess who gets tapped to help? Mom! He wanted me to come down tomorrow evening and again Wednesday evening but temps and humidity are going to be at their worst both those days. So I called him this morning and said I'd be down tonight; if he wasn't available I'd work by myself for a couple hours. Then maybe go back again tomorrow morning for a while. Maybe I can squeeze in a few hours this weekend too, if I can get Karen to take over some of my clients this weekend. I have the 5 horses/3 donks this weekend plus a very old cat at another client's house. Wish he'd called me earlier last week when I had more time.

Hit a few garage sales end of last week, at one I picked up an extra large airline kennel and metal dog cage, both in brand new condition for $20 each. I don't know about the cage, but the kennel is over $100 new so I considered that a score! Also found a very nice patio umbrella for $5, one of the heavy crank up ones. My friend Daun went with me and we had a lot of fun looking for "bargains". The week before that I found a baker's rack sitting out at the curb for the garbage men to pick up, so I "rescued" it to put on my patio for holding my potted plants. Not a thing wrong with it that I could see.

My Molly isn't feeling quite herself today so I told DH to let her stay inside. She has been on and off her food for a few weeks now; somedays she eats everything right up and others she leaves some in her dish. This is the dog who usually scarfs food up and looks for more. She's not stopped eating and still wants her treats and goodies so I'm not too concerned yet. Her son Buddy has also been a picky eater lately but it's not the food-Shoo inhales all of his and would get theirs too if I let him. I will probably take Molly in for some senior bloodwork to check on her kidneys; she is on cortisone for the rest of her life because of her skin cancer. She's also 11 1/2 yrs. old which is getting up there for a Lab. Other than pickiness when eating and her getting hard of hearing (or pretending to!) she still gets around and is enjoying life. I told DH to give her extra cookies.

That's about all from here. Was going to wash Pony and my truck because sitting under that walnut tree is ruining their paint but not today if I'm going to have to go help my son paint his place. Can't do as much as I used to in one day. So Pony will have to wait.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Colliemom » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:29 am

Good Morning,

Yes, it is Monday, but have been busy getting ready to head out in a little while here. Made a quick trip to the store for a few items I forgot yesterday and then hitched up and all set to roll. Mail has come and so has trash man, so that's taken care of. Having a couple of hot dogs right now and then will clean up a few dishes, put Molly's bowls and bed in the TT and off we go. Sun is just now peaking out from under the clouds. Gonna into mid 80's today, Yuck!

Judy, sounds like you have a wonderful spot where you are. And yes, please be careful lookin gat the sea caves. That tide moves in fast. Donna, did you check to see if maybe a fuse blew for your AC. Ah Kathy, sound like you are going to be busy with the old paint brush or roller. And just when the weather gets hot. Sorry your Molly isn't up to par. I had a dog with cancer and eventually I had to just send her to Rainbow Bridge. It's hot too and that gets them off their food as well.

Well, I'm going to chomp my hot dog and get ready to roll here. Have a nice week everyone, keep cool and know this too shall pass.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:56 am

Judy, your camp site sounds nice. It's only 80 here this morning because it's raining. Last night we didn't have much of a chance of rain in the forecast but it is raining pretty good this morning. My sister called last night wanting us to go to the lake. Since she isn't working we don't have to wait until a weekend but there is rain predicted later in the week. I'll see what it looks like on Wednesday.

Donna, sorry you are having air conditioner problems. It will be a hot trip back to Florida if you can't get it fixed. Maybe try looking on rv.net to see if can find some information.

I have to bring Harold to see a dermatologist this afternoon to get some spots checked out. The one I see in Lafayette has started coming to Abbeville one day a week so that is good. Going to Lafayette with Harold is not a fun trip. I missed my annual appointment when I was in Florida. We'll see if they make that connection.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:22 pm

Donna what about a reset button might be one...
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee