It's Monday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It's Monday!

Postby Othersharon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:57 am

Good morning all! Kinda quiet here this morning! Maybe sleeping in this morning? The boys decided to get me up early this morning so they could go out and check out the yard to make sure they didn't miss anything while we were gone!

I had such a great time visiting with Donna, Liz and Nan. And such a nice campground except for the mosquitoes! I decided they loved any of the bug spray I used! And my thanks to Donna for showing me how my awning works! I've never used it and although I was shown (over a year ago) how it worked I drew a blank when faced with doing it! :roll: I'm going to practice once in awhile in the driveway so I don't forget how it's done!

Catherine, what a beautiful baby! You'll have such fun with her! Glad to hear Kathleen is getting settled in her new home. And Ava is back to work already. Where did the time go?! And hope you're feeling better today.

They are forecasting rain for this afternoon and as much as I hate to admit it the yard and plants will be happy to get it. Son texted me this morning that he is going to be at the worksite today if I want to come help so guess I'd better get busy and finish a couple of things here and go see what I can do to help him. Hope it isn't as hot as it was last week! Have a good day and if you are on the road, be safe.
Othersharon

Re: It's Monday!

Postby chalet05 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:06 am

Good Morning from West Bend, Iowa!

Feels almost cold here at 9 a.m. - 64 degrees!

So glad to hear a bit about Kathleen's new home! Alice, sorry it is back to work for you, but you had an adventure on the road this year! And more GTGs!

Not the best drive yesterday. Among other things, the air line on the trailer was punctured somehow. Luckily, I was in a small town going slow when the trailer lowered to the pavement! Also happened to be right where I could pull off the street. Unfortunately, I was in a small town where the NAPA store (and most everything else) was closed on Sunday. All I needed was a hose clamp so I could cut the bad part from the hose. Drove the SS to WalMart 22 miles away, got the clamp, fixed the trailer and was on my way again. Luckily, the puncture was in a spot near the inlet and where I could get to it. Gotta count my blessings on that one! Guess taking country roads instead of the freeway has its drawbacks. A couple of hours later I remembered the hose clamp on my fresh water fill tube - I could have used that!!

Iowa is green and beautiful! Saw so many lovely farm houses and farms. Today I'll get the SS cleaned up (it is filthy) and tour the Grotto.

Have a good day and safe travels!
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:10 am

It rained a little last night and is cloudy right now, but after all the hot weather, I am glad for a few clouds. In a couple of days I am headed into the Adirondacks where is should be cool and pleasant. And then into Maine. I am just not a hot weather person!

Grackles are outside and welcome now. When I pulled in, I had to move over a couple of feet to avoid a pile of spaghetti the previous people had left. People in next door spot said birds had been swarming this spot, so hopefully they will finish their cleanup job today!

Anita, you were very lucky you were not driving on the freeway when that happened. Might want to add an extra hose clamp to your collection of spare parts. I keep breaking those cheap plastic drawer fasteners and carry several of those. Had to change one the other day. I would not want drawers rolling open as I drove down the highway. I have a couple of the brass ones on order now.

So, today is going to be a quiet work day. Got lots to do. Hope everyone has a safe day.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby carolb » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:49 am

Gmorning all :)

Sue, forgot to respond when you asked before--I'm not going to IN gtg:( Would love to see you n Brenda again, meet Mollie, n see others. But I want to do New England in Sept before I head west.

Kathy, glad you helped Kathleen get settled! Would love to do Tday again--may have to be in late Oct, since I tentatively plan to be in Vegas by Nov 7th or so. Cousin Di, my good buddy here, is flying there for her 70th bday! She's hoping I can join her...

Anita, who needs a man! Way to go on your trailer repair:) Yep, if you would have remembered the water hose clamp, an even easier repair;)

Rain for this aftn, heavy with high winds--probably heading here from Sue's storm!

Y'all have a great day, be safe always!
carolb

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:46 am

Hallelujah, the trailer is moved and set up. The movers are real pros. They had it unblocked, tires put on, hauled 15 miles and blocked in 3 hours. After all the dodos we have been dealing with I thought it would take all day. Still a lot to do but we are making progress.

I don't know what else we will do today. I'm sure someone will have plans for me. I'm good as long as it involves air conditioning. lol It's not has hot has it has been but still in the low 90's.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:56 am

good morning ladies, back to work and already done for the day. Did the route pick and picked my same bus as well.
Most of the same kids but a few I hadn't had before but knew who they were. They will both be stressful for us, but
it is what it is, ya take the good with the bad and sure didn't want to pick a different group and end up with worse.
Our biggest problem is the drooler, its really bad but we'll just deal with it, somehow.
Nothing for tomorrows schedule except my appt at the dermatologist, hopefully I'll have good news on my biopsy.
The rest of the week is meetings and training stuff and then monday is the first day of school. So lets get this
year over with, I have places to be and things to see :D
Ya'll enjoy your day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby gingerK » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Yeah, it's Monday alright. Did I mention how much I hate this laptop when I have a perfectly nice post and it disappears?

Cleaned out hay shed in case hay man decides to bring me some while I'm gone this weekend. Talk about musty and dusty, whew!

Leaving Thursday right after my dog walk for Thomson Causeway on the Mississippi River with a group of Holiday Ramblers owners. My friend is the founder of the group and she invited me and my lil ol' Gulfstream to join them so we are. She wants to caravan out there but I'm not sure about the route she wants to take. Hope we don't run into any low overpasses. She wants to take all back roads.

Time to head over to gas station to fill Angel's tank. Then home to fill her water tank (it's almost empty). Should probably start up her frig too, today.

Carolb, I'm sure Kathleen would be very happy to do Thanksgiving any time in October.

Martha glad you finally got that trailer moved.
'
Ava, did I miss something about another dermatologist visit?

O'Sharon, I could use help with my awning too! I've only put it down once and that was with help from DH.

Anita, if I'm ever in trouble mechanically I sure hope I'm with you. I wouldn't even know where to look, let alone how to fix it.

Judy, why on earth would someone throw spaghetti on the ground? What a mess! And now you have to deal with it. Not very nice of them.

Well, I'm off for now everyone take care,
Kathy
J
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby JudyJB » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Good news. The spaghetti, every single strand and bit of sauce, has disappeared. I am assuming it was some critter in the night or the neighborhood birds. They did leave the fork, however. Neighbors next door told me there was a large and loud crowd at this site, so they were happy to have them leave and me move in.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:14 am

gingerK wrote:Leaving Thursday right after my dog walk for Thomson Causeway on the Mississippi River with a group of Holiday Ramblers owners. My friend is the founder of the group and she invited me and my lil ol' Gulfstream to join them so we are. She wants to caravan out there but I'm not sure about the route she wants to take. Hope we don't run into any low overpasses. She wants to take all back roads.
Kathy

I know, day late & a dollar short, but wanted to let you know I've been out to Thompson, Fulton, and a few other places along the Mississippi on the Great River Road side (Rt 84) over the past few years, most recently 4th of July this year. Have taken multiple routes (Rt 52, Rt 30, I-80, country roads, etc) and I can only remember one overpass, and that's the bridge that spans the Mississippi on I-80. Didn't check my Rand McNally tho, but I think you'll be fine.

Avoid Rt 47 thru Yorkville. There is about a 10 mile stretch that's under construction for the 2nd year in a row an it's a mess.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby gingerK » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:31 am

Thanks Cheryl. I'll let my friend MJ know.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Return to Morning Coffee