Independance Day Eve Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Independance Day Eve Friday

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:37 am

Mornin' Ladies~~~

Hope everyone is well this AM. No major plans this weekend, but that's OK. Our fiscal year start was July 1st and as usual, my job was made worse by the developers not testing things. Sometimes I think my job description should be Fireman.

God love her, but Mom is starting to be forgetful or not understanding some things. She keeps asking to take Colt for a ride. um - that's not something that's done. :lol: Hope the weather will be good in a few weeks to maybe get out for the weekend. Once it gets closer, and the weather looks good, I'll ask her if she wants to go. Maybe if she sees the hitching process (not to mention backing up), she'll understand better.

The plan for today is cut the grass, hopefully drop some things off at the (metal) scrap yard and look around enjoyIllinois.com to figure out if there is some where to take Mom for a drive this weekend that wouldn't be too packed with people. We'll see.

Have a good 4th of July and if you're on the road stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Independance Day Eve Friday

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:49 am

Good morning Cheryl and all...cool here at 52 but I love it...no rain yesterday might get some showers today and Sat...but no wash out...going to a few yard sales today...looking for some old windows ...want to get them for neighbor looking out for dad...she uses them in stain glass projects..will mow grass sometime and wash and hang out area rugs...and work on my painting projects...sun shine sure is a mood lifter..have a fun filled day & B safe ...donna&maggie ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby gingerK » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:40 am

Good morning Cheryl, Donna and all who follow,

Bit cloudy this a.m. but will clear off later. Dog walk and new client's horses on the agenda today. Cheryl, you would drool to see these horses; all are lovely halter show horses! Built like tanks and glossy coats.

Just trying to get things done ahead of time for our little 4th celebration. It will probably be just the 3 of us (MIL is coming over) which is fine with me. I said I wasn't doing anything for the 4th yet here I am fixing, cooking and preparing.

DH got lawn tractor repaired and mowed all the grass yesterday. He says it's working much better now.

Angel has a bad case of ants! I bought some AMDROs and put them in yesterday. Think I had better check on Pony too.

Stalls are calling, so I'm going.
Take care,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby MelissaD » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:02 am

Morning all,
Had to turn the heat on in the camper last night and it got a bit chilly sitting around the campfire. Odd for July weather. Well I need to go fix so breakfast so I'll just wish everyone a great 4th and be on my way :D
MelissaD

Postby dpf » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:59 am

Good Morning. My 4th weekend started today….and here I sit at home…..with no water waiting for the plumber to finish trying to stop on drip in our bathrooms tub. And of course the faucet is plumbed different than most and he’s having trouble. Hopefully he doesn’t have to cut a hole in the wall in our closet to get to it. Couldn’t I just luck out once?

Woke up before 5:00 this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep for the life of me. So I got up and started on my list for today. I have three loads of laundry done, made hamburger buns, cleaned the bathroom, bought groceries and now I am ready for a nap. The nap is going to be a necessity because Bronc is coming late this afternoon and spending the night…Grandma better be on her toes to keep up with him.

Wishing all of you a safe and happy 4th.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:44 am

dpf wrote:...made hamburger buns...

Pat you've got way to much time on your hands :lol: :lol:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby MandysMom » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Hubby up early this morning to preheat the pellet smoker grill. We rubbed the two pork butts last night and they are on now for all day low and slow cook. I will serve some all weekend and freeze rest is lb packages for future meals. 13 lbs before cooking so some great meals ahead! He just said its sprinkling out, what a surprise! Still going to be in 90's though. I'll make Aloha Sweet Potato salad, GF Mac and Cheese salad, and Pretzel Jello dessert. Weekend of feast. Neighbors will mostly be home so we will meet at center court for safe And sane fireworks after dark tomorrow night. Meanwhile I have Curves today and a couple of items from grocery to pick up like fresh corn. Hope all have a safe Independence Day in the USA! Full on raining now! Yay for our corner of northern CA!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:52 pm

OK, how do you make hamburger rolls? I know how to bake bread, but what recipe do you use for the hamburger rolls? I might try it sometime when I want just a few instead of a whole package.

Today is a do-nothing day. I went out yesterday to a small town north of here where my grandparents and great-grandparents lived and died, but the library was tiny and not very helpful. I did find the cemetery they are buried in, but there were only two grave markers and I know that at least three sets of couples were buried here, according to their death certificates, at least. Worst part was the huge horseflies that bit me. Welts did not show up until this morning, so I am using the prescription stuff the doctor gave me. I seem to be reacting a lot more severely to insect bites than before, which is one reason why I tend to stay inside so much in buggy places.

Not a very good campground, but at least safe and quiet. It seems most of the campgrounds around here are filled with seasonal campers. Local people leave their trailers (mostly) here and come only on weekends. Does not seem very exciting to me because I like to keep on the move.

Got some leftover blueberry pancakes for a very late breakfast!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby dpf » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:59 pm

IrishIroamed wrote:
dpf wrote:...made hamburger buns...

Pat you've got way to much time on your hands :lol: :lol:

Hey when someone calls and asks me what I'm doing there is nothing better than have clothes in the washer, bread dough in the bread maker and dishes washing in the dishwasher. I can be sitting on my arse playing on the computer and say "oh making bread, washing clothes and doing dishes" makes me should ambitious! :lol: Actually I really like making bread. Right now I've got garbanzo beans roasting in the oven....that recipe has been floating around Facebook for months....I have to see if they taste like Corn Nuts. If they do I could be in big trouble.
dpf

Postby dpf » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:10 pm

JudyJB wrote:OK, how do you make hamburger rolls? I know how to bake bread, but what recipe do you use for the hamburger rolls? I might try it sometime when I want just a few instead of a whole package.

Well first off I use the bread machine on the dough only cycle. Today I made Cottage Wheat Buns, it's our favorite for any sandwich. They freeze well.

3/4 cup water
1/2 cottage cheese
1/4 cup honey
2 TBSP butter
3 cups bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp vital gluten
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 1/2 tsps. salt
1 egg
1 pkg yeast.

Throw it all in the breadmaker on dough cycle. When finished shape into 14-18 buns. Flatten well on a very lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise about an hour. Bake at 375 for about 18-20 minutes.
dpf

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Wow! That is impressive.

I tell people I bought a big motorhome so I can find it in a parking lot! Much easier to see than a small car.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee