Sunny Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Sunday

Postby Othersharon » Sun May 24, 2015 7:48 am

Good morning all. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful sunny and warm day here today.a. Unlike other parts of the country! Hope anyone in the southern part are doing okay with all the rain and flooding I'm seeing on TWC.

Spent yesterday between outside and inside jobs. Not sure just what I accomplished since there's lots more to do! I did get the lawn mowed and took a bunch of yard debris to the dump. It's always good to get those bags gone! Today I think I'll attempt to pressure wash the deck and maybe get some of winter muck off the outside of my windows. Not supposed to be as windy so maybe I won't get myself so wet!

Sue and Donna, you all ready to go? Just a couple of days left before you head out! Hope everyone has a great day and be safe on the roads.
Othersharon

Sunday and Counting

Postby Colliemom » Sun May 24, 2015 7:51 am

Morning all,

Guess ther are a few of us counting down days here, trying to get things done and organized before we leave on our various journeys. I am finishing up loading of my trailer today, but first have to head to store for last minute things. I have already put clothes and food stuffs in cupboard,cabinets etc. fridge is on cool down. Only problem is, weather forecast is calling for rain and thunderstorms tomorrow with about an inch rain tonight. Could wind up having to sit here another day,
although Tuesday doesn't look much better. Monitoring U.P. forecast now.

Got my little folding extension for my sink cabinet done yesterday. Will finish it completely after I get home. Trailer and truck got a bath, for the moment anyway. Was a really busy day yesterday. So this morning am a bit slow here, but will get moving. Load of wash in washer and another to follow. Will put more stuff in trailer and also,load truck.

Yea Alice, school out for summer, now to head north. Been wondering how TX members are faring with al the storms, rain, floods etc. Pat, sorry to hear about health issues and yes,being around those chemicals can cause problems. After being around cleaning chemical, paint, stain etc. working at the state park for 16 years, I have become sensitive to stuff now that I am no longer working.

Well, got things to do, gotta get moving. If I'm not around for day or two, you will know where I am :lol: y'all have a nice Sunday.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Sunday and Counting

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun May 24, 2015 8:06 am

Mornin' Sharon, Sue - and all that follow. Sue, Donna and Jane on the road or soon to be. Kathy getting close to hitting the road in AG and Alice is done with school for the summer. And Barbie got a camper! woohoo! Too many comings and goings to keep straight. But have fun ladies!

My 4-nighter was great. I need to retire sooner rather than later because I really didn't want to come home. Other than the furnace not wanting to turn back on after shutting off, everything went great. One day of drizzly rain, but I did finally get to Cahokia Mounds and spent almost all day there. So if anyone is around St Louis, I'd recommend the drive east into IL.

The COE campground was a good place for birding - robins, cardinals, orioles, finches, great blue herons, and (ugh) turkey vultures. One bird I never got a look at but only heard. It's song was 3 short beeps (cheeps) that had the pitch/tone of a smoke detector. Any ideas anyone?

Had a nice phone call with BJ. Don't know what happened to my PM to BJ. I looked and it must have poofed instead of sent. :( Guess I was 2 hrs away. Thought I was closer. Would have like to seen BJ again and little Mitzi. Maybe in the fall. I'd like to go to Shawnee National Forest then. Hopefully my usual week after Labor Day will be approved by the new boss.

I have another 3-day weekend coming up so need to see where I can go again, but probably closer to home. May think about bringing my Mom, she keeps asking to take a ride with the camper.

Well better get cracking. Laundry to do (how come there is more when camping than when home?). Have a good day everyone and if you're on the road, or starting to hit the road, stay safe.
Last edited by IrishIroamed on Sun May 24, 2015 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby avalen » Sun May 24, 2015 8:22 am

well good morning, I woke up and it was daylight, :D :lol: wow, can't believe I actually slept in!
Plans for today ... just continue on getting things ready for my big journey.
Wondering how Mitch's little Abbey is doing, anyone heard any word?
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby dpf » Sun May 24, 2015 9:19 am

Okay…don’t get me wrong here…I love the rain and we needed the moisture so bad. BUT darn it…couldn’t rain during the week and not every weekend. I have so many things that I want to do outside. Have all my bedding plants that I want to get in and don’t want to mud them in the beds and pots. Like a dummy I have my pots ready put left them on the patio and they are now soaked. So that’s my rant for today. Would like to get out and do spring cleaning in the 5er too.

Going to head to my mom’s in a bit to go to the cemetery to put planters on dad’s grave. I’m sure that the gates will be locked because the ground is too wet to drive in and of course the plot is quite a trek from the gates.

Other than that not a lot new. Had a great day shopping yesterday. Actually found four tops for work that I like.

Ava…I remember that great feeling of euphoria when school was out for the summer! The only thing I miss about teaching is June, July and August! The way things are going in many schools right now it’s sad to say that working with adult male inmates is pretty much a piece of cake compared to high school kids. Although it’s really not kids who have changed but rather their parents. I can’t believe the horror stories I’m hearing from friends who are in education and how parents will stick up for their kids when they are dead wrong.

Barbie….I must be odd. But I like the cushions in your camper!

Have a wonderful day.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun May 24, 2015 9:22 am

Ava, last I read on FB last night was Abby was doing better, eating, etc. so that sounds promising.

Getting ready for work. Feel like I haven't had a day off in weeks! Will finally get a day off tomorrow but need to spend the day house cleaning. Having a heck of a time trying to arrange a time to pick up the camper. Between my busy schedule and the holiday and the bad weather...hopefully soon tho!

I got two bright red LED bicycle tail lights for the camper that I can hopefully attach with duct tape or velcro and be able to turn on with a button when needed. Hopefully, that will work for awhile anyways.

Am also meeting with my daughter, Naomi, and her parents on Thursday afternoon! Her birthday was March 29th, but better late than never! Can't wait to see her again!

So lots going on right now! Poor kayak has been so neglected! Too busy, or raining, or windy, or cold to use it! The one thing I hate about living north, is the summers are so short and you feel like you have to cram a million fun things into a short amount of time! In SoCal, I could spread things out all year long since it is nice almost all the time there.

Better get going for work here. Have a great day! Stay warm, safe and dry! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby cnq50b » Sun May 24, 2015 9:44 am

Good morning!

Busy, busy, busy... what a group!
Barbie, so happy for you - I bet you're dying to get that camper. And wow, it seems like just yesterday when you met with Naomi last year. Glad you were able to arrange to get time with her - better late than never - enjoy. They grow up way too fast.

I'm currently hung up watching babies at church - wondering how old they are, imagining how big my little Olivia will be when I get to start taking care of her. So much to do before she comes & I get out there, but I am so ready to hold & love on her.

Making headway on decluttering. Put stuff out to be picked up by Goodwill the other day. They left some items behind so I attached a 'free' sign to them & put them by the curb. Everything was gone within a day. I love urban recycling.
Still interviewing for my replacement - had hoped it would move faster than this. Over 50 applications, I've talked to so many I'm starting to get them mixed up. Have 2 top candidates at the moment. Important we make the right selection because I don't want to take this position back. :?

De-winterizing the van yesterday thought I had a major leak in the fresh water tank.... turned out I had the low point drain open - oops... :shock: I'm so ready to hit the road - just have so much to do at the house first. :(

Have son, kids & granddaughter over for lunch today so I'd better get going.

Keeping Mitch's little Abby and all of you in my prayers.
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Cudedog » Sun May 24, 2015 9:46 am

avalen wrote:well good morning, I woke up and it was daylight, :D :lol: wow, can't believe I actually slept in!
Plans for today ... just continue on getting things ready for my big journey.
Wondering how Mitch's little Abbey is doing, anyone heard any word?
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

I really miss Mitch on this forum. She was always doing fun projects and had interesting things to say.

Really really was looking forward to hearing how her solar project for her TT came out, but if she posted I guess I missed it.

Did not know anything was wrong with Abbey. . . hope she is ok.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee