Friday Friday Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday Friday Friday

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri May 08, 2015 6:02 am

A beautiful morning here in Ohio. I am up and heading off to work. Hope everyone has a great day and accomplishes what ever they set their mind to even if that means just sitting back and enjoying the views. :) The chef is on duty. Order what you want and it is yours. Brain research shows that imagining activities lights up the same parts of the brain as the actual physical activity but I haven't read up on imaginary calories.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Friday Friday Friday

Postby Colliemom » Fri May 08, 2015 6:59 am

A Good Cheery Morning to you Tina and all. Nice to see you start coffee this morning Tina, hope you have a good day at work. Velda, that neighbor who saved the family from drowning has been featured on the Weather Channel this morning.
Glad all is okay with Birdie and others. Anita, the Weather Channel has an app for IPad and probably computers too. Certainly hope this weather straightens out before you, Mitch and I leave on our respective journeys west, Tina. Beth, heard a couple of feet of snow in your area maybe :shock:

Spent yesterday studying my route and looking at campground websites. Just getting an idea of what lies along the route. CArol, my plans are in Jello to a point, but it's kind of a short notice, two weeks before I leave, to up and change everything. I might be able to change reservations in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, but would have to push them to July and that means crowds, traffic jams, no place to park, etc., not to mention July 4th weekend in the mix. So those campgrounds are probably full by now. Plus I really like my trip plans I have laid out and am itchy to get going.

Speaking of going, time to move along here. You all have a wonderful day :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby havingfunnow » Fri May 08, 2015 10:36 am

I have a 3:00 appointment with my lawyer to discuss my brother's offer of settlement for the lawsuit I filed to make him distribute my parents' estate. It looks like I may recover about 10% of the money he actually stole/wasted/lost, and will get my share of whatever remains of the estate. Apparently the law frowns on the trustee/executor actually stealing money but is very lenient about severe mismanagement, laziness, and irresponsibility. Sigh.

Still, 10% and distribution of remaining assets is something, which is a whole lot more than I ever would have seen without the lawsuit. And it will be DONE!! After the last meeting, I will never have to see, speak to, or hear from my brother again. Whew!

I figure it's time to take the money and run!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri May 08, 2015 11:40 am

Barely morning here yet. We had some activity here this morning at my apartment complex. About 7:30, two squad cars, a rescue truck and and ambulence showed up. After about an hour the rescue truck and ambulence left. But there are still (4 hours later) one squad car and two unmarked police cars in the parking lot. Haven't gotten much info yet around here but sounds like a domestic issue of some sort. Pretty serious apparently, if the police are still here investigating. This place is usually very quiet as far a problems go, so this is unusual.

Just spoke with the owner and he says they are still planning a June 1st move in for my studio. Yay! So now it is time to start sorting thru my stuff and getting things sold that I won't need in there (extra furniture).

Off to work now. Have a great day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby dayspring39 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:46 am

Good Morning fellow rvers.. Tina even imagined calories stick to my body! :lol:
Sue half the fun of a long trip like you are going on is the planning... looking forward to your adventure... do you have any new pictures of Molly? she must be getting big!
Louise estates are awful and make life long enemies.... sad so very sad... :cry:
I am not getting much sleep now with this unrelenting pain... what is one to do... :?:
Enough already... have a great day no matter what!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby JudyJB » Fri May 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Just finished my breakfast. Actually, I have been very busy this morning. I was hungry for crepes and since I cannot buy frozen crepes because there is no IKEA within several hundred miles of here, I got busy and made a double batch, cooked them, and have them cooling ready to freeze. There was a lot of cleanup, so it took me quite a while, especially considering I got a late start decided where to go on Sunday. Put some of my blackberry preserves syrup on them. Loved the chunks of real fruit. I have enough crepes for 3-4 breakfasts left.

I had a horrible, but scenic, drive getting here yesterday--about 30 miles of very winding, narrow roads along a river with no shoulders. Made one wrong turn and had a terrible time finding a place to turn around. The drive to my "home" campsite in Ohio is about 320 miles so I decided NOT to do it in one day. I will leave Sunday and make it to Wolf RUn State park, about 220 miles away and I am going to take the slightly longer route via expressway! (The road getting out of here to the north is not quite as bad as the scenic route my GPS brought me in from the south by.) Then I will have a relatively short drive to West Branch State park on Monday.

GPS wanted to take me north through Pittsburg, which I decided was not a good idea, so it took a lot of searching last night to decide. I just do not feel like driving around Pittsburg! So now I will cut over west to I-77, which is much more rural through Ohio.

Got to force myself to narrate a PowerPoint presentation today. Just hate recording myself, but got to do it.

Sue, you are smart to travel as early as you can. I can guarantee you that Yellowstone, especially will be a zoo in July. And Havingfunnow, we could have a "horrible brothers" get-together. After not visiting my mother for 15 years or contributing any effort at all to her care or even calling her more than once every couple of years, he had the nerve to ask me a couple of years ago if there was any money left in her estate!! (She ended up in a Medicaid nursing home just before she died, so I spent every penny of what she had on her care, and spent a lot of my own money on things besides.)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby chalet05 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Good Morning,

Tina, I am very much enjoying the breakfast the chef prepared - thank you! :D Louise, I think many of us can relate to sibling issues when a parent passes. Sue, I have weather apps, but there is no cell service here - something you will find in Yellowstone as well. Luckily, the WiFi extender is picking up the park's WiFi in the camper - for which I am most grateful. Kathleen, you are still waiting for insurance approval? Isn't that ridiculous?

Looks like Sunday-Wednesday will be good weather days to get out and explore. Obviously not going to get to do all the extra riding in the area I had planned. We even had heavy wet snow yesterday!

Wishing you all a good day and safe travels.
Anita
chalet05

Postby havingfunnow » Fri May 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Yeah . . . we should have a Rotten Siblings club! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri May 08, 2015 8:36 pm

havingfunnow wrote:Yeah . . . we should have a Rotten Siblings club! :lol:

I'm in! (altho, my brothers aren't rotten, just lazy!)
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby monik7 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:10 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:

Mine is rotten!!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Sat May 09, 2015 12:10 am

monik7 wrote:
BarbaraRose wrote:

Mine is rotten!!
Sandi

I think I remember that I have a brother. And remembering is almost too much.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Sat May 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Well, I have to say my brother did a turn around, but I think he was about 40. He was my 'go to' guy for help with 'guy' things after Steven died.
Anita
chalet05

Return to Morning Coffee