It's Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It's Monday

Postby Othersharon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:18 am

Good morning! A rainy day today here. The week end was sunny and nice so I spent both days working on cleaning up the yard from the winter. I actually stuffed 14 big bags of leaves and stuff in my Outback and took them to the "project"! (It's the drop off for yard refuse we have in our community) I was amazed I got them in in one trip! Figured I should do it since it'll be a muddy mess after it rains! I really haven't done much with the yard since I lost DH. Guess I was just overwhelmed with it all. But rediscovered the last couple of days that I enjoyed it! So much I let go so will have to work extra hard to get it back in shape! I think I actually could see the grass grow too! By the next sunny day I may actually have to fire up the lawnmower! So good to see green after the winter we had!

Sue, would love to meet up with you when you come to PA! I love the Gettysburg area! There's so much to see right here in PA! Barbie, you'll be on the water before you know it! Wonder where Carolb is this morning, weather doesn't look good for Skyline area the next couple of days. Tina, are you and the pups resting up after your busy week end? JudyJB, hope you have the itching under control. I ran into the fire ant thing in SC last fall. Not fun. BJ, I used to groom my little dogs when I had them but glad I found a reasonably priced groomer nearby so the big guys go to her. She is so good with them and it sure saves my back and nerves!!

I had a scare the other day. I thought I had gotten the gate closed when I went out front to work and a few minutes later here came Rascal down the sidewalk! He isn't real good at coming when I call so I told him to sit, he plopped down and I grabbed his collar and took him back to safety. I live on a main street with lots of traffic so I was really scared for him. Thank goodness he came looking for me and didn't go the other way toward town. I didn't see my other guy so got worried but when I called he came off the back porch! Good boy! Memo to self, double check the gate specially when it's windy!

Well, time to get ready for my appointment this morning and time to quit rambling here! Hope everyone has a good day and be safe!
Othersharon

Re: It's Monday

Postby Colliemom » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:54 am

Morning O'Sharon and all,

Sharon, you sound content working out in your yard. It is therapeutic. I know people ask me how I can keep up my big yard here, but I enjoy it. There are days though when I wish for smaller, so I could do more in the flower dept. though. Too much ground here for that. Just keep a couple of Whiskey barrels planted and with big trip coming up, may not do that this summer.

We are getting much needed rain here too, but falling temps behind it. May even have some white stuff mixed in later this week. So will work on little things needing done in the house here and read all the travel guides I have now.

I will be posting the pictures of my sewer hose project later today in General Talk. Need to do battle with Photobucket first :evil: And run to town as Molly is out of dry food and Pupperoni, can't have that ;)

Picked up my surge protector at Camping World yesterday. So the wallet is a bit empty today. Think we wil be heading to the bank :lol: Actually it's the plastic that's loaded.

This isn't getting things done right now, but I'm being lazy this morning as is Miss Molly, which is good. She was a little too rambunctious yesterday for just having surgery last week. So you all have a nice day, hope the rains stop for you down south, those out on the road, safe travels. :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:47 am

Sue, check out the ingredients in Pupperoni....you might want to reconsider. :? I am pretty lucky that English Cockers are such food hounds it doens't take much to keep them happy. They even think carrots are treats. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby MandysMom » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:26 pm

It's cooling this week in northern California too, with possible showers at some point. It's welcome when we had been close to 90 so early and windy, so drying for grasses and weeds on roadsides and hills. It's going to be a busy fire season, for sure.
Husband went all by himself to take car for service today. It's good for him to try doing stuff. He worries people can't understand him. I have Curves in a while then it's back to decluttering here, a never ending task with husband and son who dont like to get rid of stuff they " might use"!
Have a good day all and happy travels to those on the road.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Good evening.
Our severe weather has finally moved out and we actually had some sunshine today; windy and a bit chilly but okay.
I spent too much at Home Depot on plants and pots but looking to put some color on back porch this year. Also more grass seed and fertilizer for yard in hopes of giving Nicky more grass and less mud and leaves to bring inside.
Barbie and anyone else looking for short get away this summer, look under Work Camping thread. One or two week tours at light houses along Great Lakes, housing furnished. I was considering it until I saw the part about climbing steps; not sure I could do very much of that but job does sound interesting and time commitment is short.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee