Back to Work Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Back to Work Thursday

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:07 am

This is suppose to be my back to work Thursday but I am up and waiting to call in to find out whether or not they want us to brave the roads or not. There is much more snow south of us and on into Kentucky and some of the employees come from those areas.

So come on in the kitchen, pick up your favorite morning beverage and place an order, I will have a private chef available just for us and what ever you want. :) Snacks available for puppers. Hope everyone has an awesome day of it.

Whether I drive into work or not isn't really concerning me but I am thinking of Beatrix, the Wandering RV, sitting out in the driveway with the electric and propane heaters running and hope that she can keep her pipes whole when the temps drop down to 1 tonight. :shock:

I miss Florida, and not just the kayaking and card games......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Cold Thursday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:24 am

Good Morning from the Chilly 45th,

-22 out here this morning. Just a temporary blast of cold air. By weekend we will be in upper 20's, low 30's and warmer as the week begins. But there will be more cold and snow before this winter is over. It's usually well into April before our snow is gone.

Martha, glad your eye surgery is done. Yes, like the others said, drops, drops, drops. Barb, hope you get rid of that nasty cough. I can tell you are getting spring fever :) you will get it way before me. You're not surrounded by ice covered Great Lakes. Our ice shanties have until the 15th here to be off the ice and the 30th in the U.P. Anita, looks like some fun riding time coming up. Kathy, sorry you had such a bad day with all your problems. You definitely had ol' Murphy for company. Beth, forgot to congratulate you on the accolades you are getting for a job well done. Hope the new co-worker is better than the last one.

Thinking about the trip west. Not sure if I want to go a southern route through IA, NE, CO to Grand Tetons first or just head across WI, MM, and SD to Yellostone first. Will study maps ans sightseeing stuff some more. More to see on the WI to WY segment I think, although don't really want to come back same way.

Have pancakes and sausage here this morning. Oh, and Irmi I have syrup now :lol: have a nice day all. Be careful where this latest storm is hitting. Some nasty weather out there.

Whoops Tina, see you got on just ahead of me. Wil let the administrators combine us as I'm on my IPad at the moment so can't copy and paste to yours. Glad you are home safely.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Back to Work Thursday

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:50 am

Good Morning !!! I'll try one more time, yesterday and already this morning this IPad knocks me off, wee ticked here !!! Think it's service in this area, oh well, looking at this lake while having morning coffee is worth it.

Tina, so glad you're home safe, before the next storm comes through. Hoping the heaters do their job too.

No breakfast yet, we're gathering at Donnas for pancakes. Liz, is coming over and after breakfast were off !!,I'm sure you'll have pictures of what we get into later.

Before I get knocked off, have a great day and Please Stay Safe !!

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Redetotry » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:04 am

Ask and you shall receive...just after I commented to DH that I wish someone would come by wanting to shovel our drive, the door bell rang and a nice man wanted to know if we wanted our driveway and cars cleared. YES!! We had sleet with about 6 inches of snow on top yesterday and I was really getting cabin fever. Also I knew if someone didn't come by DH would be out there. I figured since I had to cancel my massage today I came out even on the $$ spent! The snow plow came by sometime during the night and the poor driver must have been new or very tired, he mostly plowed up part of our yards and missed quite a bit of the actual street. :cry: We don't have sidewalks and it is a narrow street but sure wish he had better aim.
The dogs don't care about how cold it is they LOVE the snow, no sooner do they get inside and dried off a bit and I look and they are by the door wanting back outside. I'll have a very clean floor by the back door by the time this is over and then will come the mud as warm temps are coming in this weekend hooray!
So glad you made it home safe Tina although sorry you had to leave FL.so soon.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:25 am

Harold and I have already been to town for my check up, the grocery store and back by 8:30. Boy, he takes the fun out of going to town. :lol: I could have stretched it out to afternoon.

BJ, your pups sound like our kids if it ever snows. They put on warm clothes, go out and get everything wet and come in to warm up. Then they want dry clothes to go out again. In a few hours they will have everything they own wet.

This may be the coldest weather we have had this winter. They are saying 28 tonight. I hope they are wrong about that. It's only 39 now and there's rain on the way. One of the camping groups I belong to is having a GTG in Northeast Texas this weekend. I bet there won't be many that make it.

I need to go put the cover back on the Orange tree.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby sharon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:13 am

It was down to freezing for a while last nite and super cold this morning, but it's supposed to be back up to mid 70's today! Yippee!! Unfortunately, I have a dentist appt. this morning, but hoping the novacaine wears off so I can ride this afternoon!

Tina, smart move having a chef there for our breakfast! I'll have eggs benedict, please and thank you. Oh...and ask him to please toast the muffin dark and butter it. And extra hollandaise, please and eggs medium. Maybe a little fresh fruit with it? Perfect! :D

Been in a bit of a slump lately just looking at everything that needs doing...so then nothing gets done! Gotta get out of that, for sure!

Martha, I'm with you, I can stretch a grocery store run out for several hours...you didn't train Harold very well! LOL!.

Have a great day everyone, stay warm and safe!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby JudyJB » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Glad you made it home safely, Tina. I am really glad I did not have to make that drive! I will not be heading north until April 20th and then will be taking my time with long stops in Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky, so hopefully the weather will be much better then.

Sue, my recommendation is to go to Yellowstone as early as you possibly can. It starts to really get packed in late June, so the earlier the better for camping and parking and such. I am never going back in July or August because even with a rental car, the parking lots inside the park were packed and you sometimes had to wait in a long line. Tetons are not quite so bad because fewer foreign tourists go there--ditto for most of the rest of your stops. Wish I could meet you there, but maybe another summer. Might see you in Michigan, depending on your schedule.

It is way too hot here in southern Florida. It was a muggy 86 yesterday and supposed to go up to 90 today, although rain is on its way for tomorrow. I am about to put up my sun screen to block the front windows because I can feel the beginning of a migraine. It really has helped. Wish I could put my side awning out as well, but it is just too windy today. Hopefully, the clouds will increase later today and cool it off inside--got AC running, but you all know how these RVs are like living in a tin can with the sun shining on them!

Got some work to do for my class, and am going to try to clean out my underneath paper products and food bin. I've been just throwing things in there and it is a mess. Will be needing the space soon because I will lose my storage under my convert-to-bunks dinette when my niece comes. It gets really crowded in here with 5 people, but I do love company and am really looking forward to seeing them all. Wish I were as ambitious as some of you have been recently in cleaning out storage compartments! At least, I have been trying to go through old shorts and t-shirts I no longer wear. I've bought some new shirts from Bealls because I like that they are longer and more comfortable--no shrinking lengthwise.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Good Afternoon... another very cold day here... I have been busy the last day and a half... made navy bean soup yesterday and froze 8 packages of ham... the soup I will freeze today... have the bone left for split pea soup... my freezer needs these things!! today I will make corn bread and have beans for dinner...

Kelsie and I cleaned the bottom shelves next to the sink under the room divider, yesterday... got a full bin of things to sell in the spring... slowly getting things done... when the MH was unloaded I simply shoved things in cupboards to get them out of the floor and off table and cabinets and also stove... whew...

Tina I had you getting home a couple of days before you actually did... I know about missing things in FL... I like the idea of the chef... let me see I will have waffles and white unsweetened grapefruit juice... love that combo... oh yes fruit on the waffles please... actually I had oatmeal and blueberries... kind of a let down after my order!

Shadow is being such a pest... need a dog walker... he has not had a good walk for many months so he wants outside every few minutes...
Well not much going on here just hope everyone is having a great day!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Well Kathleen, the way I have always figured it Morning Coffee here is partly in our imagination, so.... like that hot tub I put out near our campfire next to the lean-to that holds our beer and wine (that Lori occasionally counts for us :) ), our morning coffees can be prepared by a private chef and for once we should be able to eat anything we can think up. 8-) :lol:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:09 pm

You mean the tub was not real??? awwww I am disappointed and the chef you mean you don't have a real one at home?
I live in fantasy much of the time!!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Gentleladybear » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:16 pm

If we have a chef on hand, omlette with cheese, ham and onion. Coffee black and a nice piece of toast. Be sure that coffee is black and hot.

Be careful there in that snow, saw some reports today heard from family, it is not something you want to be out in.

Miss you in Florida.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Liz » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:19 pm

I'm sorry, all you people suffering with winter. May I complain about the heat and humidity in Florida today? Close to 90 degrees. Almost time to head north, but not too far.
We visited a very unique Roadside America attraction today called Solomon's Castle. Will do a blog post about it tomorrow.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Morning Coffee