Sunny Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Sunday

Postby avalen » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:03 am

Good morning
up early watching the sun rise here in Q. Spent the night on Beth's sofa, such a gracious host. Thank you
Beth. But I'm always an early bird and Maggie and I started getting restless so came out to the car, made my
coffee with my little 12v coffee maker and looked at the numerous stars. The horizon is starting to get pink.
plans for today.....going to a nearby town to indulge at a place called Desert Bar. I hear they have great burgers.
I plan to get home at bedtime. Wishing I had put in for couple days off cause it would be so easy to stay longer.
Also listened to the coyotes this morning. Have always enjoyed the moments in nature before the sun comes
up.
Ya'll have a great day. :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby gingerK » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:20 am

Good morning Ava and all the gals who follow,

Sounds like a wonderful start to your day, Ava! Wish I was there too!

Went to breakfast this morning, holy cow it's getting to be too expensive! DH said we won't go anymore, ok by me. He was the one who wanted to go in the first place. I would have been happy with a cup of coffee and a bagel.

Got my horses out and it's raining/snowing on them now. Not to worry, they have their trusty warm blankets on. When I went shopping yesterday at the ag store I bought Cody a new heated bucket; she didn't like hers as it was a rubber one. Probably didn't taste too good. She already drank more water in her new one which is VERY important for a horse! Don't want to have to call my horse vet out for an upset tummy!

Doing laundry today and trying to sort through what I need to get to my accountant for the business taxes. Got something from Obamacare about taxes, don't understand a thing about it so I hope my acct. does. Probably going to have to add it on for income or something such.

Hope everyone is feeling ok, and staying warm/safe today and always,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby cnq50b » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:05 am

Good morning Ava, Kathy & all who follow,
You surely are up early, Ava. So glad you were able to join the fun at the Q. :D
Judy, hope your hand is feeling better - or you're able to find someone to look at it for you. Must be hurting if you had to take something during the night for it. :cry:

Haven't had much time to catch up on everything here. Looks like there are fun times at the Q & in Florida.

We have had unseasonably warm weather recently. Yesterday it nearly got up to 60 - in January! Woohoo! I took Sadie for her first off-leash dog park experience. She had a blast! Of course, she visited with people as much as she played with the other dogs - lots of running but she always came back when I called her - good dog! We'll be doing this more often now that I'm comfortable with it.

Working on how to make the numbers work to retire early. I really want to help out with my new grandbaby coming in July in Cali so trying to see if I can swing it.

Glad I didn't move to SanDeigo yet - my DD went to France for a week & fell in love with Paris & with a Frenchman! Told my ex (who she went with) that he's fired as a chaperone! :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course, she's 24 so he didn't have that much control over her. Oh well, thank goodness she's back in SanDiego & there's a big ocean between the 2 of them for now. We'll see if the infatuation endures the test of time & distance.

Love following the travels & adventures here - looking forward to whatever the future holds.
Hope everyone stays safe & warm,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:24 am

Mornin Ava, Kathy, Catherine and all that follow ~~~

Sounds like a great mornin' listening to coyotes & watching stars. I have no idea what blue skies & stars look like anymore. I think January has been almost entirely grey here in the greater (?) Chicago area.

Glad the critters are doing good with blankies & new bucket Kathy. Too bad you can't just hop on & hit a trail immediately. I used love to ride when it was snowing and quiet, just had to watch for slick spots under bridges, etc. Ah, the good old days. . .

A Frenchman! Really!? Is it really love or just the excitement of a vacation romance? That would sure be a trip for you to keep going there to visit!

Have a good day everyone and if you're on the road, stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby JudyJB » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:31 pm

Thumb is a little better. Been trying to rest it and taking a lot of NSAIDS so maybe they have helped. It is really hard to not have a working thumb on your dominant hand. Still swollen and does not want to bend, however.

Nice sunny day here at Gamble Rogers but I am leaving tomorrow for Ortona near Lake Okeechobee.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee