On The Road Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

On The Road Saturday

Postby Colliemom » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:50 am

Good Morning,

Just a quick goog morning here. Getting ready to hit the road north soon as it lightens up a bit more. Truck all packed except for last minute stuff like the fur kids toys, bowls etc. she's having a nap right now. Cold out there so don't want to put computer etc. in till I leave. Looks like a great travel day. May be cloudy, but that's okay.

So will keep you updated on our adventures. Found out some folks staying there right now have a Golden and St. Bernard :shock: if we run into them, will be a case of Mutt and Jeff :lol: but guess thet are building a log home so aren't around much and take dogs with them.

You all have a great weekend and get your letters written to Santa for all those new RV things you want :lol:
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: On The Road Saturday

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:20 am

Good morning Sue and all...have a great trip...so nice you have some place to go
that is not to far away...Nice here 70's in day 50's at night...sun with only a few clouds
not looking forward to next week...not a good time here...I miss my family and no one
can make it down ... :( :( :( ... don't want to be a downer so will go work on GGD rag quilt
might get it done this weekend...have fun filled day and be safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby avalen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:22 am

good morning ladies
was a busy week with weird school schedules but we're done for the year. Its also been wet and cold for a few days and I
just about caught a nasty cold but two days of being miserable and taking medicines I was able to fend it off and it didn't
settle in. Hope to have a productive weekend, need to replace my propane regulator, and do something about the hot water heater. HWH has a pinhole leak when its on so....gonna pull it out, put a little jweld on it and hope that fixes it. If not I'll have to buy a new one and I really don't want to use my funds for that. Glad I have a handyman available.
Scout came back after a 5 day furlough elsewhere, even though I disclosed EVERYTHING about him and his habits, seems
somebody wasn't able to deal with it. Friend of the family works for a rescue and even though they aren't taking any in until
after xmas, he is still calling his fosters to see who has room for him. In the meantime, he is safe and happy right here.
The upcoming week shows nice weather and I'm SO looking forward to it, really tired of being cold and need to get some yard
work done. Thats really about all thats worth telling in my end of the world. Ya'll have a great day and be safe. Hope you have good weather.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 am

Good Morning Sue and Miss Molly, hope you two have safe travels to your Christmas destination !!! Everyone is probably really busy with last minute things that must be done for the Big day. I've been kind of stopped in my tracks, picked up a bug and have felt rotten for couple of days. Hoping to get a few things I've wanted to do done today. Starting little slow :roll: not sure where to start :D

I seem to take one foot forward and fall back two , will be so glad to start another year :D I went up and renewed my drivers license, remember? Well, they mail them to you, something new, I told officers that I would be in Fl for the winter and they told me they would not be forwarded. Well, my mail forwarding has expired so they should leave my mail, right? No !!! they were returned to state, because forwarding had expired, my neighbor is looking each day for them to mail them on to me, a bank statement was left and I had received mail while there for couple days, but my lic, .NO !!! I called the state office late yesterday evening as these temp things I have expire Christmas day and after a long conversation, that resulted in lic. being there and they will send by fedx , which I have to pay for. So passing the test for new lic, wasn't the big deal, the problem is getting them in my own grubbies :roll: :( It would be so nice to finally do SOMETHING RIGHT !!! like other sane people :lol: :lol:

Beautiful day here today, sun is out so pretty. Just saw a huge rig, pull out of the park. A lot of people stop over here for night, heading farther south. Liz, is off with a planned trip with her DD, and its best I don't pass this bug off to anyone else. Program tonight downtown, I will miss too, night air probably won't be all that good, besides don't want this bug going elsewhere there either.

Hoping you all are really enjoying your days, those traveling stay safe, those at home stay well and do something you enjoy,

CArol :) Donna and Ava beat me in this morning, Good Morning ladies,
Carolinagal

Postby chalet05 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:58 am

Good Morning,

Ava, sorry things didn't work out with Scout. Certainly very kind of you to keep him these past months!

CArol, I feel your frustration! I think I'm going to have issues with the mailing of paperwork of buying in AZ and registering in Washington.

Donna, I think last year may have been the first year I didn't feel bad at holiday time. My older daughter who was ticked off at me and has gotten over it, can certainly make my day with e-mails about the shopping she is doing for me!

Yesterday was installing the plug to hookup the trailer when I get it. Today I was ready to go for a ride, but L interpreted that to mean in his RZR in the desert! Maybe I'll take it go 'play' in storage tomorrow and then we'll go somewhere on Monday.

Hope you all have a good day and safe travels to those on the road!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby linann » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Today is first day of two week holiday. Slept late, then to hairdresser for cut and color. At airport right now because DS is playing with the Central FL Community Arts Symphony and Orchestra in the terminal near the airport Hyatt Hotel. They are gathered around a huge Christmas tree with a large American flag hanging overhead. I managed to get the best seat ever, right next to the chorus and soloists. Today, I am one of them! Very festive and fun event that is a successful fundraiser for the group because the airport authority makes a major contribution for their performance.

Had two dead trees and some underbrush removed from our property this morning so we are ready for a BIG bonfire.

I am feeling lucky and thankful. Wishing everyone safe travels and holiday blessings. Santa Clause is coming to town!!!
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby JudyJB » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:51 pm

I am very, very thankful to AVA for taking Scout in--twice. My brother has spent the fall in and out of psychiatric hospitals and rehab places to try to get him walking better. Plus, he has alienated his daughter and me. Last week he was in a group home. I have finally decided I cannot help him any more, and he will have to help himself. His best friend from childhood, my cousin agrees that I have done the best I can. The innocent party here is Scout, so I am happy that he is going to a rescue organization that hopefully will find him a home where he can be outdoors and get more exercise.

I had company yesterday, which was really nice. I went to a small high school, even if it was on the edge of Detroit, so we all knew each other, especially since there were only two elementary schools in the district then so a lot of us went to school together K-12. What is interesting is that through planning reunions some of us got to know each other better than we did in school. My friend and his wife are great photographers and love wildlife, so Myakka is a great place for that. He got some fantastic photos and is going to send me files for a couple that are worth framing someday.

I have until the 26th here and am really planning on just crashing and relaxing. Might see a cousin and his wife this week that I haven't seen in 35 years, and will take a few bike rides, but sitting and reading will be my major activity! Got everything done for the holidays and have a ton of food, even did laundry yesterday, so all is clean.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:16 pm

I went to Lafayette today and OMG the traffic. And not just on the road. The stores are packed. I went into Bed Bath and Beyond and made a U-turn and got out of there. They pile so much in the aisles that you can't move. I only got 3 presents and some Ultra Dark Chocolate for Harold. I had never seen that before and he likes dark chocolate.

CArol, it seems like the universe is determined to give you trouble getting you license. Why can't they just give it to you when you are there. Our DMV has gotten a lot more user friendly than they use to be. Years ago they seemed to delight in being obstinate and rude.

Yesterday it rained of and on all day. Today was overcast, gray and damp. At least it's not freezing and no freezes in the forecast. I think it's suppose to be 70 Monday.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:18 am

Almost the end of the day here. Wasn't sure if I should post here or start tomorrows new thread. I'll post here I guess...

My cold is pretty much gone now. Just some occasional sinus drainage but that is getting much better. The Zicam really worked to keep it under control and not dragged out for weeks like it usually is. No lingering cough either, luckily.

Went to our annual "Secret Pal" get-together on my mom's side of the family. All the women get together each Christmas to eat, open gifts and exchange names (secretly) for the next year. We send anonymous cards throughout the year to our SP. It was started back about 75 years ago by our grandmothers and great grandmothers. A lot of the gals have dropped out recently and several have died in recent years, so we are down to only 8 of us now. Kind of sad. Had a nice visit with the gals there tho. I got lots of chocolate and a Barnes & Noble gift card. :D

Sue, have a great time up north and a wonderful Christmas with Molly! I am sure she will love meeting the other dogs. It will be good for her to learn to socialize with other dogs, big and small.

Ava, have you considered keeping Scout? He seems to fit in well there. My cousin has a Pomeranian that she is looking for a new home for. I sure wish I could have a dog here so I could take it. I love Poms!

Warm and cloudy again here. Wish we could have warm and sunny, but it seems that when the sun finally comes out, the temps drop way down again. But it could be worse this time of year. May not even have a white Christmas this year. Most of the snow is gone now. Just brown and dirty all over. :roll:

Time for bed...back to work in the morning.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:16 am

I think Ava's cat had a different opinion and put her vote in..... :) We have to respect the personalities and needs of all our animals.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:38 am

That is so true.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee