Thanksgiving Thursday....

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Thanksgiving Thursday....

Postby MandysMom » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Ava and others on the road be extra careful. Barbara be extra careful in the cold. I don't even like to imagine 9 degrees! Nice sunny day here and we are watching the parade, but I gotta get to kitchen soon to get potatoes into casserole and sweet potatoes cooked, mashed, and mixed for oven. Ham is going to be delicious.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:20 pm

Happy Thanksgiving all. I am just hanging out on my couch listening to the rain on the roof. Watching a couple of sappy Hallmark movies LOL No turkey dinner for me as I am in my MH (small oven) and I have to work tonight. I get to share a night with some awesome co-workers tho so it is all good. I head home to the sticks and bricks house on Sunday as I have a doctor appt on Tuesday then will come back here to work some more....sigh. I have decided next year I am going to be off and outta town for the holidays. Will find someone to visit and share some good food with where it is warm LOL

I am done here the middle of January so will just go home for a bit and wait for hitch itch to hit me. I have an appt to have my MH winterized as soon as I get home. Going to be cold here this weekend, down to 24..what is up with that. Guess I will unhook the water tomorrow as I have a full tank of fresh water so that should do me just dandy.

Hoping everyone is having a great day

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Afternoon here in Normal! My daughter messaged me from Chicago... we are all going to my son in laws brothers house for dinner around 6... After the wedding they just had cannot imagine how they can host all of us but that is the way they all are... When I moved down here from Michigan my daughter Margie said you will never have to spend holidays alone... guess she was right...
Got my shower so am all ready... first one since the injections on Monday... they do not want me to shower for 2 or 3 days to be safe I do not get infections... so am good to go now...
have a great evening everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby JudyJB » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:35 pm

I also was up early this morning. Finally got out of bed and got on the road by 7:30 am. It was a 250 mile drive, so I am really tired. I need to stop driving without stopping to eat along the way because I think that makes me even more tired. I hate KOAs but wanted a place with pads because I have to do some sorting and cleaning tomorrow of basement storage. A couple of them have just gotten really messed up and dirty, and I know I will have nothing but sand for a while.

Except when I got here, discovered that while they had cement patio pads, the rest of the site was just dirt. They did have some premium sites with asphalt so I checked some out and paid another $4 per night. Normally, I would not care but I want to be able to sit on my stool and lay things out so I can reorganize. I also want to check to see if anything got awfully wet. A roll of paper towel in the bin I store extra hoses and cords, etc, got wet, so I tossed it, but I want to move some of the stuff that I almost never use to another bin on the other side so things are not such a mess. Will spray everything clean and dry with paper towel and rags.

THEN, there is my utility bin. Seems like I was in a hurry to dump my tanks a couple of days ago and did not make sure that all sides of my hose was hooked up. Turned out far side was not latched, so I had a nasty surprise spraying out! At least it sprayed out the far side instead of the side nearest me! :oops: Hosed it off with the rinse hose that day, but I want to do a better job and spray it with Chlorox. Lesson learned is to not be in such a hurry.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee