It's Friday, Payday, and Halloween all in One !!!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It's Friday, Payday, and Halloween all in One !!!

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:37 am

Yep, a triple "Happy Day" here.... :D :lol: Just wished I could have slept a little long, but will do the "nap thing" this afternoon, so not to worry... ;)

Got my hair cut yesterday and feel so much better...it was getting really bad...I so tried to "embrace the natural waves & curls", but alas, longer hair was not to be... :roll:

Beth, I changed out the window treatments in our 5er in July, when I quit smoking cigs...Ernie took down the valances and shades in the main room and put up regular curtain rods and Cafe panels I picked out....looks great!!! I'll take some photos and post when I get a chance...It's so much brighter in here... :)

Cooler days coming to SE GA....yes, I see a campfire in the near future...and it will finally feel like fall...but it will warm up again next week...so everyone here will be happy....I'm not complaining, it just we've been in a heat wave ever since we left PA in August and I need the brake from sweating.... :roll: :lol:

Okay, coffee and cranberry muffins ready for ya'll...Help yourselves...

Have a great day, and Happy Halloween, all...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: It's Friday, Payday, and Halloween all in One !!!

Postby gingerK » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:04 am

G'morning!

Had a little trouble getting on here this morning. Kept giving me error messages. But it seems ok now.

Well, we had SNOW flurries this morning! Flakes as big as quarters, coming down fast! The horses were wearing white coats! Then the sun came out and now it's just windy and cloudy. Like they say, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.

Put a pot roast in the crockpot with carrots, potatoes and onions for supper. I'm really on a roll this week, I've made extra effort to cook something tasty or interesting that isn't what we usually have. Now I have lots of leftovers for the weekend!

My friend Daun is very upset, she called me last night just to talk. No one will tell her how long she has to stay at the rehab place or when she can come home and she's getting pretty down in the mouth. They also have told her she'll need a 24/7 caregiver so she was in a tizzy because she didn't get the extra bedroom made up. I told her not to worry, I'd take care of things. So my job this afternoon is to get things moved around and make up the beds. I found some of her laundry so I brought it home today to wash up for her and I'll take it back when I go to let Hershey out.

Need to get going and let my own pups out for a potty break, feed the horses and head off to walk dogs.
Have a good day, everyone!
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Othersharon » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:20 am

Well, just hit noon here and I just took a chance and got on. Got the error message several times earlier. Any idea what or why it's been happening? Lori, sounds like a nap is going to be welcome today! Kathy, snow flurries?? Yuck! But then we probably could get them too. Finally broke down and called the lawn service to come help with these leaves. We'll give it another week or so and hope they have all fallen so he can get them all. Seems like there are so many more this year. Or is it I'm just getting older and don't want to mess with them!? Kathy, the roast sounds so good and bet the house smells great. I tend to use the crockpot more in the winter months so think it's about time to pull it out. Need to do some running in town today so better get to it. Have a great day, everyone.
Othersharon

Postby Irmi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi everyone!

I've been getting lots of error messages, too. Thought maybe it was my computer, but the same thing happened on Steve's.

Lori, congrats!!!!! Way to go!!!!

Kathy, it seems like everyone is having a cold snap right now. Hope you still see some warmer weather.

Othersharon, we contacted a lawn service to take care of our yard since we're out of state for the winter. So glad they're around.

We did a drive around town here trying to locate places since we're going to be here a month. Right now, any place is better than being in MD. We're thinking about cutting up a roast tonight to put a beefstew together for tomorrow, so if you're in the area, stop by.
Irmi

Postby chalet05 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:56 pm

The problem, per Beth, is with the site host. Hopefully they have it fixed for good.

and Good Morning,

Nothing exciting here - gave myself the day off yesterday and made a new 'to do' list last night.

Have a good day!
Anita
chalet05

Postby MandysMom » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:59 pm

Yes on weather changes. We are supposed to get rain starting at noon. Much cooler, heater came on for first time. Our leaves still on trees for most part. We will have the chili hubby made Wednesday for supper. Wonder if we will have trick or treaters, it is a Friday, but with rain? Time will tell.
Have a spooky day all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby dayspring39 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:05 pm

Happy Halloween everyone... no candy to give out here sorry!

Kathy you are so very giving to help your friend... I can guess she wants to be home... I hope it happens soon... why does she need a caregiver 24/7? She lived alone before right? Do not understand some things...

No more complaints about meals I called and cancelled them... they said they will call me back...

Oh Lori hair cuts give us such a lift... and congratulations on the cease smoking... that must be so hard... I cannot break habits very easily so am glad I never got that one... my girlfriend even after they said she had stage 4 lung cancer smoked until she died... almost two years after the diagnosis...

My neighbor came home for a few days yesterday... she thinks this man is a keeper... for her sake I hope so she has been on an emotional roller coaster for more than two years looking desperately for MR right... she has met more than a dozen men... that would sure scare me... but she said he makes her happy... guess I am odd I am contented most of the time...

Grandson Tims surgery is now next Friday... Daughter got injections in spine where there is a bulging disc... hope it helps... she works so hard...

So glad the forum is back up was having a lot of withdrawal!! have a great day everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby dpf » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:16 pm

Happy Halloween! I received the best treat EVER! Last night I received a call from my boss and he told me not to go into work today or until further notice. They have been jetting all the sewer lines at the prison and in the process found out that someone in their infinite wisdom had run the electrical line to our building through the sewer line! Our building is closed until the problem is rectified. Quote my boss “Would hate to have you go to the bathroom and get electrocuted!” The building was constructed in the late 60’s so I imagine it’s been like that since the get go. But hey…I get paid for not being there so I’m not going to complain!

We had our first killing frost this week…unheard of for this area to go until the last week in October. DH and I winterized the camper just in time and without any heated “discussions”! Done in about 15 minutes and that’s a major miracle in itself! Now if putting up Christmas lights outside can go as smoothly.
Then today I went to coffee with some of the ladies I used to teach with and noon special showed Indian Tacos. The owner’s sister-in-law is Native and she comes in occasionally to make them for the special. I had always heard they were awesome but I’m always at work and could never be there. So I came home, called Missy and we went out for lunch. They were awesome and right now I am stuffed!

So all and all I’ve had a good week and I hope the rest of you had a good one too!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby JudyJB » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:19 pm

Tried earlier so am late. Very cold nights so just got a propane refill also cheap tank of gas and am waiting for my blueberry pancakes at Denny's. Aren't Flying J truck stops great??

Am enjoying the incredible quiet of Homolovi Ruins SP. Hardly anyone else there. You are making me think it is time to make beef vegetable soup. Except I need to get some beef and vegetables!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:16 pm

BRRRRRR, its cold outside - 20 to 30 mph wind with temps dropping like a rock. If our forecast high holds for Saturday it will be the coldest 1st of Nov on record with the local weather service. Been near 80 most of latter part of Oct so that makes it feel even worse.
I made a quick trip to campground and set up space heater. Got what water I could out of lines and water heater using gravity (opened low point drains and lever on water heater). Not going to be all that cold but lows will be below freezing next 3 nights. I also brought what few house plants I have inside. I have a large tomato plant in a pot; it is still blooming but will likely be dead along with peppers and herbs in the morning. Sometimes the cold holds off such that we can harvest tomatoes at Thanksgiving but in recent years.
Was planning to put a pot of soup on to cook but discovered I'm not much better off on ingredients than you are, Judy. Will get a few items and make it tomorrow, I guess.
Have made good progress on getting all the booths ready for holiday open house and with a week to go, think it will just about all get done. Will be glad to have them over with as I have neglected work at home - the dust bunnies have grown up and started reproducing :lol: .
Stay warm
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:48 pm

BOO!!!!

Ha! :lol:

And Brrrr! here too! Temps hovered around 32 all day today with a strong wind! :shock:

Took my dad to the bank this morning and had a banker talk to him about the lottery scam he is involved in now. He told him the check my dad got from the scammers to deposit (and send cash back to them) is a fake check and that if he would have tried to deposit it and the bank discovered it was fraudulent, the bank would close all his accounts and he would no longer be able to do business with them or any other bank. That seemed to wake my dad up some, so maybe he will think about that now, before falling for another scam.

Worked the rest of the day. Was really busy all afternoon until about 6pm and then it was totally dead after that, which I knew would happen. My coworker brought me a big bag of kettle corn drizzled with white and dark chocolate, so that is my Halloween snack tonight. :D

Don't forget to say "RABBITS" after midnight tonight!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee