Goodness 2 in a row for me!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Goodness 2 in a row for me!

Postby gingerK » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:00 am

Good morning!

Wow, this is 2 in a row, I opened MC last Sat. too!

Up before the birds today, plenty to do. Just had a "2nd" breakfast eggs and toast and juice. Hopefully it'll get me thru today.

Not much else to report here so I'll go.

Have a great day and be safe wherever you travel!
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Re: Goodness 2 in a row for me!

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:37 am

Just worked 7 a row. Have today off. YEA! And I'm excited about going back to Keystone next summer. And the weather is beautiful after the nippy morning air clears.

Have a great day, stay healthy if you are and continue on the mend for some of you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:46 am

Good Morning! Moving slow but need to speed up a bit. Have a bunch to do to get ready to get on the road tomorrow. I can't
believe how much stuff gets thrown around when I sit for a month! LOL! I made Chile Verde last nite for dinner and DIL is making fried eggs to go with the leftovers for breakfast. One of my fave breakfasts! I was hoping to spend all day with the boy chick today but he got called in to work. That's the first time I've ever seen him get called in on his off time. He did tell them that he couldn't come in until after noon on Sunday if they needed him because he had to be here in case his mom needed amything getting ready to leave. He was really adamant about it, too. Think they got the message! LOL! I really hate leaving, I just enjoy myself so much here, but the leaves are falling and it's time to head south for some short visits with family and then head west and home. No way on earth am I taking the I-40 this late in the year. Been there, done that and drove in snow! LOL!

Hope everyone has a great day and be safe!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby carolb » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:52 am

G'morning Kathy, Beth, Sharon & all to follow:)

Kathy, you are such a wonderful addition to our MC family;) Beth, enjoy you're day off--that was a long work week!

Allergies :evil: Carol, I hope Bill can find some relief. Sarah, didn't know you were still suffering too :( Not fun :( Lyn, still hot in SoCal? How nice to still be using the pool. Sharon, didn't know Chewy was feeling poorly? & already you'll be on the road again?

Nothing going on here today--still no sun, & leaves still on the trees. No, I haven't climbed up there to shake them down :lol: What a funny story, Irmi!

So y'all have a great day, be safe always & hug those poopers! 8-)
carolb

Postby Pooker » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:03 am

Good morning all you back east early birds! A tad cloudy this morning. Yesterday was in low-90's, today they say 78. Welcome to So. Cal.! Got two yard sales and an estate sale nearby to check out and one of the local libraries has a huge book sale - $2.00 a bag (any type of book). Meeting Son #3 there at 11:00.

Everyone stay safe.
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby avalen » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 am

good morning ladies
I'm sure Beth is going to enjoy some relaxation time after working 7 days straight. Although that year I worked the airport
and the school bus, I thrived on it but no, don't want to do that again. In fact, I'm having a really hard time keeping my
head in the game at work as it is. Now each week goes by I tell myself its one week closer to retirement, even though I
know its 3 years away, its still true :D
Todays agenda, laundry of course and groceries too, but need to go to Home Depot and get the 5" pickets to do the bottom
of the deck so the dog doesn't get out. I did get a roll of garden mesh to do that but decided I wanted the bottom to look
the same as the side and front so,,,,I'll just make it happen. Besides, it will be cheaper and I can take the roll of mesh back
to Lowes and trade it for the calla lilies I want. :D
I don't want to ramble so I'm just gonna say...Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:33 am

Good morning gals!

Heading off to work shortly. Another nice day in the mid 60's. Will start getting colder thru out the week with a high on Halloween of only 45. The kids will have to bundle up that night!

Got tomorrow off but not sure what I am going to do yet. Lots to do around my apartment but also want to get started on cleaning out my stuff at my dad's house. My new studio is still being worked on so probably won't be ready to move in until December sometime. At least that will be an "inside job" :lol:

Have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby gingerK » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:37 am

[quote="carolb"]

Kathy, you are such a wonderful addition to our MC family;)

quote]

Awwww Carolb, what a nice thing to say! Thank you! Now I'm getting all mushy.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:56 am

Good Foggy Morning from Normal... it will be a nice day here also... Kathy I am still on my first cup of coffee and you have had 2 breakfasts... that is the way they say it should be eat hearty in the morning medium at noon and a tiny dinner...
Oh there was a smell in my kitchen and I found it yikes potatoes... the are the worse...
Carolb you have first hand knowledge of many of our people... as I write I try to picture the person... Ava I know the feeling about putting one foot in front of the other and keeping going... I drove sb until I was 68... would have done it longer but the monitor they gave me was a pain in the tush... kids were great... I had 5 routes 4 were 3,4 and 5 year olds and one was Jr high...
Beth when does your job there end?
I was ready to let the peace meals know I was stopping when yesterday they had a great meal... turkey! so will try for another month...
I was up in the night a lot last night so when sleep finally came I slept in until 9...
Time to heat up my coffee... have a great day...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby MelissaD » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:23 am

Morning all, :D

Sitting at the CG in Wapakoneta OH for our last weekend of the season. Late start this morning as we were up late around the campfire. Tradition says we shared a bottle of "Winter Jack" (Jack Daniels hard cider only available in the fall) to mark the end of the season. I have a beef brisket to cook for dinner tonight and I need get out the air compressor out and ensure I have everything to winterize tomorrow. Temps are suppose to be in the high 60's all weekend so it should be a good weekend. This weekend is the Halloween celebration at the CG so the little one just left to go pumpkin carving. People are decorating their sites for the kids to trick or treat this afternoon.

Wishing all a great weekend.
MelissaD

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:13 am

Hurrah! The sun has come out, and it's only a few minutes after noon. We were promised sunshine today, so I'm going to pretend it's 8:00 am. :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:14 pm

dayspring39 wrote:Beth when does your job there end?

I don't have an exact date - my contract has me here, if needed, into the first week of Dec (but adjusted to earlier if weather requires it). Last I heard, though, they are talking about the last group of hunters, and therefore the end for me, before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping and praying the latter and I'm on the road, maybe even south, by Thanksgiving Day.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Sharon, I would love to see your recipe for Chile Verde and I never heard of eating it with eggs, but it sounds good.
Beth, for drivings sake, I do hope you get on the road early enough to avoid bad driving conditions. Sounds like everyone is off to productive days. The Halloween celebration in the CG sounds fun. At our church we have dinner and trunk or treat as members decorate their cars and parking spots and then the little ones trunk or treat. The older young people often make church classrooms into haunted houses for indoor trick or treat as well. I've had a nasty virus this week so have not even thought about Halloween yet, but then last year we had I think less than half dozen come to the door, whereas a few years ago and when our two were growing we had over 100! I guess they all grew up and left but then this year it is on Friday so guess I better be ready. I always go with buy what we like to eat, candy wise, in case we are left with a bowl full. I mean can't let it go to waste, instead it goes to waist! LOL on the other hand we always have chile on Halloween, been our tradition since,our boys were young. Hubby's job the day before is to get it simmering then age overnight and we eat bowlfuls as we hand out goodies and watch movies.
Its raining lightly here and heavens know we need every drop. Have a good day all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby WickedLady » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:26 pm

Morning All.
Finished cleaning out the travel trailer and winterized it :(
Got most of the blankets and things laundered. Now need to find places for all the stuff I took out of it. How did I accumulate so much? :o
Sure be glad when spring gets here! :)
WickedLady

Postby chalet05 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Good Afternoon!

Internet left me for awhile earlier :(

Lots going on with winterizing, heading south, GTG, or heading toward home!

I got 3/4 of the camper washed yesterday - bugs are gone! Neighbor spent over an hour on bugs and got half way done on his 5er. I showed him the Super Clean (purchased at Walmart), offered him some but told him it would take the wax off. He finished in about 10 minutes! I planned to do more today, but I walked up to trash, cleaned lense on porch light and was dripping sweat so now time in front of the fan. Spent the morning watching Kansas State football game. Lazy is okay! :lol:

Hope you are all having a good day!
Anita
chalet05

Return to Morning Coffee