Tuesday in MO

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tuesday in MO

Postby carolb » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:49 am

G'morning all :)

Such a great time at the GTG!!! But alas, Peg & I left yesterday, & we are now in MO at my bro's. Peg went nuts when she saw the yard--my SIL is quite the gardener! Yes, Martha, it has been nice to travel with a "human" companion :lol: Well, especially one like Peg who is so easy-going!

I'm not quite with it this a.m.--still fighting a head cold & probably need more coffee :roll: . Will just wish y'all a great day & safe travels as always 8-)
carolb

Re: Tuesday in MO

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:50 am

Good morning Carolb and Peg ...and all ...Glad everyone had a wonderful GTG
dense fog here this am..i am ready do take of to Winchester...should take me
about 4 hrs..give or take...soon as the fog lifts...my last nite in camp WM they
were great about my problem and letting me stay here for 3 days...I started a
blog post about my adventure if you want to take a look...it will take me a couple of post to get it all in.... lol
have a fun filed day and be safe.. donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby Colliemom » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:44 am

Morning Carolb, Donna and all,

I'm back in my nice quiet home after 4 days of being with my friends, getting things ready for their anniversary party (my friend calls if "free slave labor :lol: ), enjoying seeing some of the old haunts downstate and some of their family I haven't seen in years. Drive home wasn't the greatest due to heavy rains for part of trip, but otherwise okay. Now to get things done around here while weather is so nice and get ready to head north to the U.P. again next week.

Did had a bit of a sad afternoon yesterday though in that I picked up Sassy's ashes from vet and had a burial session for both she and Tessa who's ashes I kept here for the past 15 months till Sassy passed (her mom) and then buried them together. Took them for that final ride to the cemetery and said my final goodbye. Shedding tears of course. Posted a poem "Pawprints Left By You" in Pets if you care to read it. It came from the cremation place with Sassy's ashes. So now am in hunt for another collie. Doesn't looks like any of the Houston Rescue Dogs may be coming to MI but found a contact who knows of a litter of pups going to be born next month. So shall see.

Sounds like everybody had a great time at the KS GTG. Carolb, sorry to hear you have a cold. I too have been fighting some sinus issue since I got home and today is the first day I am starting to feel a little better. Yes, Peggy is a great travel companion. I really enjoyed her staying her when she was in MI last year. Donna see you got on the road while I was gone. Sorry about the tire issues.

Going over to RV dealers this morning to see if they can winterize my trailer before I leave next Monday Was going to do it myself, but don't feel up to it. Want to get that done and all covered up for winter before I leave. Making hay while the sun shines you know :lol:

OKay, time to get this day rolling. You all have a wonderful day and those of you on the road, travel safe and enjoy the trip.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby chalet05 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:27 am

Good Morning,

Carolb (and Peggy), glad to know you arrived at bro's safely. Donna, glad you can be back on the road.

Sue, sounds like a fun time at your friends' anniversary!

I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed the GTG and how I hated to leave! It was so laid back with great conversations. Just don't set any kind of drink near Karen (retiredhappy) - she has a tendency to spill things! :lol: For the kayaking ladies, the snake wasn't a water moccasin - I asked at the booth when I left. I'll look forward now to a January GTG in Quartzsite!

I had family time yesterday with daughter and grands. Enjoyed having a beer with my aunt when I got back to the farm about 9:30. :D Fort Riley had the big guns out last night and were still going at 1 a.m. - these are ones that make the ground shake and windows rattle! Weather report last night sort of missed the mark for today - it is already windy and raining. Changed my plans for today again, but that's okay. May have to move back to the park for electric or run the generator a bit because solar isn't happening!

Have a grand day and safe travels!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:29 am

thanks for checking in. Was so glad to meet you guys. Drive safe.

As for spilling things I think you're all safe now since I spilled three things already; tea at the soda fountain, my wine and Chalet05's wine. Don't mind the tea but wine is NOT supposed to be spilled.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby JudyJB » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:55 pm

Drizzling and cool here in Oregon. They could use the rain, and I have to do so it wll be an indoor day. Might even get some reading and relaxation in. I need a relaxing day. At least I got my classes open and first fess weeks ready to go.

Still having problems with vertigo but not as bad as last few days. Need to get my ears unplugged so may increase allergy meds.

Anyone thinking of Florida GTG? Problem is most places are already booked so would have to be early spring.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:15 pm

In case you are not totally burned out on KS gtg reports, I just posted Sunday, Day#7 in gtg section. This one includes a birthday party.

Have a few more photos from Monday (Day 8) for the six of us who decided to extend an extra day. Might get them posted later tonight - not sure. Am trying to take advantage of the free WiiFii tonight in NW MO.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby sharon » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:18 pm

retiredhappy wrote:thanks for checking in. Was so glad to meet you guys. Drive safe.

As for spilling things I think you're all safe now since I spilled three things already; tea at the soda fountain, my wine and Chalet05's wine. Don't mind the tea but wine is NOT supposed to be spilled.

Spilling the wine was bad enough, but then all of the flies got drunk on the wine that was all over the concrete! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:38 pm

I accidentally kidnapped two of those KS flies and they must not like MO because I cannot get them to go outside.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:12 pm

Nothing worse than a drunk fly! :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee