Good Monday Morning...RABBITS!!!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Good Monday Morning...RABBITS!!!

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:07 am

Well, RABBITS & good morning, Ladies!!! :D and it's Labor Day....
Am up at what has become my official "wake up time" of between 4 & 5 AM.... :roll: I'm just going with it....and have adjusted accordingly....

We took in the "Free C & W Band" last evening here at the campground.....they were pretty good and we even danced a couple of tunes... ;)

Today, we'll recover, get some bills paid, and then chill.....tomorrow we'll start organizing stuff & do a little house-keeping in prep for the next leg of our wandering this fall....

Okay, coffee is ready and have some orange/cranberry muffins for the table...Help yourselves.. ;)

Have a great day, all... :D
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: Good Monday Morning...RABBITS!!!

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:33 am

Good morning Lori and all...we share the same wake up time Lori...but
not sure I will like it if when time changes it is a couple hrs earlier...
Got some things out to garage yesterday...but not sure I did a whole lot
but for some reason the day went quick...Maggie got me up at midnight and
again at 4 am...to go do her business...she has never done that before not even
when she was a baby puppy...it was to do #2 so that is really strange..but she
did act better yesterday..
today more of packing..got my sisters rug scrubber yesterday so will try and figure
out how to use it...and do the downstairs hall first to see if it will do a good enough
job...counting today I have 19 days before I leave...cant figure out where the summer went
had my fantasy football draft last night...I join my GS league..i didn't get the players I wanted..think a couple people bid me up...grrrr...anyway it should be fun...
have a fun filled day and stay safe...donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby carolb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:51 am

G'morning "Grammys" & all to follow:)

Happy September:) Soos not here much anymore, but she left us the "rabbit" legacy ;) Hope everyone has a wonderful month! Donna, hope Maggie, continues to perk up.

Will spend "labor" day playing at our State Fair--the last day of it, & it's $ day :lol: A dollar entry fee, & many vendors--including good ol' healthy fair food :lol: --are selling their wares for just a dollar. I don't usually like these kind of crowded venues, but cousin has me talked into it. The Doobie Brothers are playing a free concert early evening--now, does that take me back to my younger days :lol:

Only 2 1/2 weeks til KS gtg--bet all those attending are really excited. I'm excited for all of you :D & I get to revel in the excitement of awaiting my garage ;)

Off to walk the poopers! Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Postby avalen » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 am

good morning ladies
I'm always up early too, seems normal for me to get up sometime between 3 and 4 and I've gotten to actually enjoy
the peacefulness and solitude it gives me. If I'm wide awake, I just get up, I can always take a nap later and have no
guilt doing it.
Have been out doing some painting already, waiting for it to dry and then do the other side. Need to get to the store
and the gas station and then I'll be in for the day.
Ya'll enjoy your holiday and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby dayspring39 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:55 am

Good Labor Day everyone... cloudy here maybe storms later... I think I need to finish sorting the mail and get rid of some more... that is not one of my favorite things as I never know what to throw away...

I remembered in the night that my friend Molly took pictures of my roof before and after it was fixed this past winter... not sure if they will be of use or not time will tell...

Glad Maggie is showing signs of improvement... Carol did not even know you were getting a garage!! even dollar days does not draw me to a fair!! Lori chili sounds good... I put american cheese on top as I eat it... so good... Ava you will soon be able to look back and see all of the things you have accomplished this summer... wow such ambition...

Enjoy this day and smile often...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:22 am

Oh no! I forgot RABBITS!!

I started the day with "Good morning, William! Aren't you the best dog in the world?"

Soooo forgetful . . .
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby chalet05 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:48 am

Good Morning from Riley, Kansas,

Not sure I said 'rabbits' first, but I said it!

We had a great storm here last night and I think they are always grateful for the rain - which I have often brought with me over many years! :) Used to be a joke that they should pay me to come!

I heard from my daughter here this morning - what a busy life they have! Have to take the time I can get so looking forward to fencing lessons, cross country meets, band performances and a trip to Kansas City. My older granddaughter who has Crohn's goes for her 3 month check up Thursday in K.C. so I will ride along. Grandson is lifeguarding at pool today and younger granddaughter will be there swimming so may go see them. However, aunt has suggested we may go see my other uncle so we'll see.

Have a great day!
Anita
chalet05

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:41 am

Louise, Sir William thinks you have it right. :) The rabbits can just wait for another time.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby jwillis54 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:47 am

I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day!

Jane :P
Jane travels the west in a 2014 Flagstaff Mac popup and 2006 Ford E 150 tow vehicle
Adventures posted at: http://janesjournals.com
jwillis54

Postby Irmi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Hello everyone!

Thanks to Soos, I try to remember the Rabbits on the first of each month. I must that Steve reminded me when he heard me crawl of bed, and I shouted Rabbits! We could use some luck right now. I called Coach Net this morning to remind them that we would be waiting on a tow tomorrow morning. The pastor and congregation from this church have been more than accomodating, but it's time to move on, get fixed and see where else we can go. As I type, Steve is on his way back to MD to get a vehicle to come back here, so we have a way to go home tomorrow after the tow. But he and our friends are fighting the Ocean City traffic going to the western shore (Annapolis, Washington DC, Baltimore, etc) and could be tied up for hours and hours. One of the reasons NOT to travel on holiday weekends in this area. I think Teddy and I will go outside and burn some energy.
Irmi

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Well Irmi, I feel sorry for Steve. Holiday traffic is no fun. I forgot to say Rabbits again. I need to make myself a sign because I am always up at midnight. It's hard to believe that it's already September 1st. Where has summer gone?

Carolb, I would like dollar day at the fair for the fair food. That's the only reason I would go. The local festival ticked us all off a few years ago by taking the beer booth away from the Cattle men and women's club. It's the Cattle Festival for goodness sake! We used the money we made to support the 4-H kids and promote the cattle industry. I found a funnel cake mix at Bed, Bath & Beyond so I make my own funnel cakes when I want one.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby MelissaD » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:59 pm

:lol: I did not leave my campfire till 3:30am. Woke around 10:00 to the GB and see over half the people packed up and heading home. Nice an quite now. Don't have to be to work till 11:30am so we'll go home in morning and enjoy the CG to ourselves.

Hot and humid here. Enjoy the day :D
MelissaD

Postby linann » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:54 pm

Back home from a long weekend at Silver Springs SP. Enjoyed my stay and went to a couple of ranger programs, rode the glass bottom boat and visited the Silver Museum again. Checked out the Appleton Art Museum that is only a few miles away. The weather was hot, with thunderstorms in the evening, but the AC was great in the TT. Two nights it was cool enough that I didn't need the AC to sleep.

The rangers recently had a controlled burn in the campground. It was odd that ground cover, bushes, leaves on trees in the campground were dry and burnt. I've never seen this in a campground before. Definitely took away some of the privacy from the campsite, but I guess it will make it safer in the long run. Still really liked my campsite, but the ladies who are going to the October GTG at Silver Springs should not be surprised when they pull in and see evidence of a fire.

Driving home this morning I discovered the left tail light was out again. Stopped at Camping World to buy some tail light bulbs. Crushed the old bulb and sliced up two fingers trying to get it out. Had to run cold water on it for a while and use compression to get it to stop. Ended up buying two packages of new bulbs, replaced the bulb and tail light, and it worked. Silly, but was proud of myself. I hate dealing with car/mechanical things.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:00 pm

I forgot to say "rabbits" this morning too. :roll:

Worked all day at the shop. Was an "all or nothing" kind of day, either the lobby was standing room only, or we were sitting around with no one there for an hour or so until the next wave came in. School starts here tomorrow, so we are open on Labor Day for last minute haircuts.

Wish our Fair had a dollar day! No deals here. They may have broken an attendance record this year. Today is the last day as well. When I was in San Diego, and they had their 3+ weeklong county fair, I would go on Tuesdays since that was "$2 sample day" and each food vendor had one item for 2 bucks. I could get lots of things to eat without spending a fortune.

I brought home a little caterpillar from the Butterfly House at the Fair on Friday. They sell them there and you can watch them build a chrysalis and then turn into a butterfly, in this case, a Monarch. I love to do this every year. It is fun to watch the process and then eventually release them.

I got an extra day off for my trip up north next week, so that will give me a little more time to see and do more while I am exploring the North Shore. So I will go up next Tuesday and come back on Saturday. Can't wait!

I have tomorrow off, so will take my Jeep in for an oil change and wash (get them both free from the dealer).

Have a good night! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:32 pm

I am ashamed to say I said "oh-Oh" first thing this morning, as, when I tried to get out of bed, I fell over with hideous dizziness. Have been to doc's twice this week and on meds for whatever in heck is wrong with me, and, I must say this is the first night in a long while (about 10 days) that I have felt as if I can see the end of this affliction and infection of my sinuses. But I am very proud of those of you who DID manage to shout RABBITS this morning, and to those who maybe remembered too late! I miss talking to you all, but have had one of the busiest summers of my life, not to mention one of the most ill-health ones as well. I try to read all the posts on Facebook where I can make a quick retort or reply to what I read, but, sad to say, I am too pre-occupied to open up all the pages required to read and type in here. I do miss all the banter and exchanges, and hope to see many of you down the roads in FL this winter. May the rest of September be a wonderful one for us all. :)
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to Morning Coffee