Tuesday with more rain

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Tuesday with more rain

Postby VickieP » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:12 pm

mitch5252 wrote:Image

"If I was only THIS tall, I wouldn't need a ladder to reach everything." said Mitch. :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby dpf » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Good one Vicki! :lol:

Finally heard from the doctor and it appears that everything is fine....thanks for all the support ladies.

I think that all of us get discouraged wit those little things that pop up with repairs, break-downs etc in our houses. I think our refrigerator is dying. It's 20 years old and I'm trying to find another one to fit in the spot! And I want almond or bisque. I don't want black or stainless or white. Not as easy as it would seem.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby VickieP » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Great news, Pat!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:21 pm

YAY, Pat! YAY YAY YAY!
Now, let's have a glass of Celebratory Vino!
mitch5252

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Great news Pat.

Yes Wendy I hate to see anything break. I seem to have become Ms Fix-it, Find-it or call someone to fix it. I don't know how I got to be in charge of things. The other night Harold was tearing his chair apart trying to find his TV remote. The cat was sitting on it watching him hunt. lol If "can't find you butt with both hands" was a real affliction he has it.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby cnq50b » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:28 pm

mitch5252 wrote:
Readytogo wrote:Don't mean to sound negative! I just wonder if any of you other ladies, those with brick houses and by yourselves, get frustrated when things start breaking, leaking, stop working, overflow, or otherwise malfunction?

Me too...
I've got a tree that has to come down (hoping the rain doesn't loosen the soil enough that it topples over onto my neighbor's car), the basement ceiling is detaching itself & needs some work, grass keeps growning - along with the weeds. I 'fixed' a leak under the bathroom sink with enough silicone to totally seal the roof of my van & it's still leaking a little (need to remove the silicone & find out what the real problem is - but that's another day - it's the main bathroom & isn't used much). When I got home from a trip last year, my Ex was tending to Sierra (my 15-year old german shepherd) but obviously didn't let her out often enough - I had to remove the living room carpet before I could go to bed (cut it into pieces that I could put in trash bags - many, many trash bags... need I go on?
At least these didn't all hit at once.
No matter what we do - rent, own, full-time of not, things will break, leak or otherwise need tending to... Maybe we have been placed in a continuous game to see how much we can handle - or how creative we are with solutions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Martha love the story about the cat sitting on the remote - hilarious! :lol:
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby MandysMom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Redetotry: is the Suburu ready to tow four down? I could not find it in my booklet I got. Have a friend (not an RVer) who got an Outback I think last Dec and she loves it.
Thanks
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Yippee, Yahoo, Wat to go, Pat. So happy for you.

As to breakdowns in a house - I don't need a s&b to get frustrated - we get them in the rv, too. No matter where, it's frustrating.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:28 pm

To clarify on Subaru, I don't have one, just a booklet on Toads for last year.
Velda
Last edited by MandysMom on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm

Ava, what did you do to your hip? Hope it gets better soon! I use Salonpaz spray on my sore muscles and that works great!

Sue, they gave me a list yay long telling me what I need to clean in my apartment. They even expect me to move out the fridge and stove and clean the floors underneath! Not gonna happen! :x
I leave on my camping trip a week from tomorrow (next Wednesday). Will stay at Tettegouche State Park (north of Duluth) for one night and then head to Ely (about an hour and a half inland) the next morning. Ely is where the North American Bear Center is, where the researchers are that had the den cams for Lily and Hope and her other cubs for the past several years. I want to visit that and see their resident bears there. May also visit the International Wolf Center while there, altho I have been there before. Then head back to the North Shore and up to Cascade River State Park for the rest of my trip. Will spend some time in Grand Marais (near the Canadian border) on Friday and then hiking on Saturday and head home on Sunday. Planning to see several waterfalls, do some shopping, look for agates on the beaches, roast some marshmallows, relax and think of my mom who passed away 7 years ago the Sunday I will be there. She loved it up there!

I love subarus too. Always wanted one. May end up with one someday.

Pat, so happy to hear the test came back good! Yay!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Othersharon » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:18 pm

A litrle late for breakfast but then I like breakfast this time a day! I'm a bit behind on reading all the posts but trying to catch up! BJ, congrats on your new Outback. I have one and just love it. Pat, great news from your doctor. Wendy, I always say I wish my DH had left me a manual on how to fix things. Took me a day and a half plus three trips to the Hardware store to fix a toilet in the house! DH would have done it in 15 minutes! At least they know me at the store now! U-m-m, I think that's a good thing, isn't it? :lol:

Donna, did you make it all the way "home" today? I'm excited that I got the the camera in my new rig today. Another layer of safety for me. Now I feel like I can take this on. Carol, I haven't sold the RT yet. So I'm going to put it on the lot this week. Should have good exposure there. I hope anyway. Oh, and I named my new rig Lola. Like the song! Just seems like a Lola to me. Taking a road trip tomorrow for oldest son, picking up 4 16" rims for him. Have no idea where this place is so it's an adventure! Outback can handle the load! There's a new Camping World in Harrisburg now so since I'm going that way I want to stop and look around. Stay cool all of you suffering from the heat! We have humidity but cooler temps. And rain! Here and all around us!
Othersharon

Postby Redetotry » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 pm

MandysMom wrote:Redetotry: is the Suburu ready to tow four down? I could not find it in my booklet I got. Have a friend (not an RVer) who got an Outback I think last Dec and she loves it.
Thanks
Velda

Velda, I don't know about towing since I have such a small RV I don't need a toad, so didn't ask. I'm glad to hear so many of you have or have owned Subarus and liked them.

I'm like Martha, I'm in charge of finding someone to fix things around here and deal with the process. I'm not too handy fixing things but at least I usually know if something needs worked on or replaced including the cars.

Pat I am so happy you got a good report, I have been thinking about you.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee