Good Morning Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Good Morning Wednesday

Postby Roadweaver » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 am

I am at Williams Landing in Florida. Everything you look at on line says this is a pay campground but it is not. The sites are not level but the view is awesome of the lake. Had a marvelous breakfast from the grill, going to find a cajun restaurant my daughter, TeAntae, found for me for lunch. Only plans is to knit and spin today and relax.

I am happy, happy today. Wish all well with everyone.

Louise
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Blog-roadweaver.blogspot.com
Roadweaver

Re: Good Morning Wednesday

Postby Bethers » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:59 am

Good morning, Louise. That looks like my kind of place.

Planned to head out early this morning when winds are lowest. Winds are lower now, but still higher than I'd like. They are predicting them to come down more tomorrow, so I will get to the national monument that brought me here today. Then, since I have Wi-Fi, I'll catch up on my blog. Tomorrow I'll be back on the road into Colorado. Already more than 1/2 way to my destination, and enjoying getting there leisurely. Will pick up the pace the next few days as the weather is looking somewhat nasty coming up.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby gingerK » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:01 am

Good morning to all!

Lovely sunshiney day but will be windy, chilly.

Cleaning house today, yuck. Not a favorite thing.

Not much of interest for today so I'll sign off. Have a great day everyone! :)
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 am

Good Morning Ladies...
Cooler again... for some reason one of my eyes was swollen shut yesterday today both are nearly shut... so will sign off for now...
Me and My Shadow
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby carolb » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:59 am

G'morning all! :)

Louise, good to see you open MC! Barbie, you live in an amazing place!!!

Woke to 27 degrees here at Bryce Canyon! BJ, you'd love this cool weather :lol: Anita, thanks for the tips & encouragement to make this trip north. Did Grand Cyn one day, Zion the next. Yesterday, pulled into Bryce early, & I like this place best so far! Beth, like you, I'm needing to slow down or I'll get to Yellowstone before the roads are open :roll: So I'll stay another night here at Bryce.

Good tips on flea treatment, BJ. So far, so good--pups picked up a few fleas while in FL, but nothing since then.

Y'all have a great day! 8-)
carolb

Postby sharon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:03 am

Gale force winds here in Laughlin last nite, Hope was rockin' and rollin' even with aired down and landing gear down! Rocked all 4 of us right to sleep! LOL! 4? Yup, 4! Got the grand dog along with Miss Chewy and the Samcat. Corona is Chewy's older by 3 years sister. She said she wanted to come to Bike Week and see what it was all about. :D Just a little breeze this morning that feels pretty good.

Louise, good to see you on here, are you going to spend the summer in Florida, or are you heading for cooler weather?

BJ, what was the tip for flea treatment, I missed it!

Carolb..enjoy the parks, I love them, especially Arches and Canyonlands.

Hope everyone has a loverly day, I'm gonna go check out the pool!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:21 am

Kathleen, maybe allergies? I've heard they're really bad this year so far??

Sharon, how is Chewy doing?

mitch5252

Postby chalet05 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:24 am

Good Morning!

Carolb, you need me along to slow you down!!

Louise, nice to see you on here!

Sharon, I 'googled' river run - stay out of trouble! :) Sounds like a lot of fun to be had!

Kathleen, allergies?

We have had hot and now wind again. Making progress on getting ready to leave but came up with one more project. My counter top edging has been an issue since day one - even took it back to dealer to glue but coming undone in more places. Bought brass screws so L will put those in. I could do it if I had a drill.

We went to Phoenix for shopping Monday - truck thermometer read 100 degrees. Yesterday I was just all done in - slept. This is second time lately - thinking I am missing my solitary time and it just wears me out.

Those on the road, safe travels and enjoy the ride. Everyone enjoy your day - I like reading all the goings on!
Anita
chalet05

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Good Morning All, Got home from Puerto Vallarta late Monday nite. Had to go through Customs at LAX"....What a hassle. The wedding was beautiful. The hotel was fabulous. I got sun burn sitting at the pool bar! At shrimp to my hearts content.
I am now in the process of attempting to see my doc for the back problem....lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Redetotry » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:17 pm

sharon wrote:Gale force winds here in Laughlin last nite, Hope was rockin' and rollin' even with aired down and landing gear down! Rocked all 4 of us right to sleep! LOL! 4? Yup, 4! Got the grand dog along with Miss Chewy and the Samcat. Corona is Chewy's older by 3 years sister. She said she wanted to come to Bike Week and see what it was all about. :D Just a little breeze this morning that feels pretty good.

Louise, good to see you on here, are you going to spend the summer in Florida, or are you heading for cooler weather?

BJ, what was the tip for flea treatment, I missed it!

Carolb..enjoy the parks, I love them, especially Arches and Canyonlands.

Hope everyone has a loverly day, I'm gonna go check out the pool!

Sharon this is what I posted yesterday for Kathleen, she is still having flea problems.

" I use the once a month pill Sentinel, for fleas, heartworm and other worms except flea tapeworm. I don't use a topical in addition to that as some people do for ticks. Sentinel does not kill the flea, but it makes them sterile so you don't keep getting more. Bathe Shadow in baby shampoo, Dawn or Ivory dish soap, all will kill fleas. Sprinkle the coarse Morton Kosher salt on your carpet leave it overnight and vacuum. The salt will kill the fleas. You may have to do it a couple of times to completely rid the house of them, is there someone you could get to come in and vacuum for you for a few days?. You don't want to keep using various toxic products as you and Shadow could both have health problems."

Carolb, Bryce Canyon does sound like my kind of place!

I'm off for a massage! He really helped me last week. I had a pain in my shoulder that hit me every time I did dishes. It hasn't hurt since :)
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby sharon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks BJ, for the info. I need something that will kill fleas because of where I summer.

Mitch, some improvement, doc is still advising against surgery. She's never steered me wrong before, so I'll keep doing what she says.

Wind has really picked up here! I'm just about sick of it. No pool unless this calms down. May go see a movie instead. It's still pretty quiet around here and the vendors aren't open yet.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby KarenS » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:58 pm

Louise, if you come towards Monticello, give me a call and stop by I would love to meet you. I have a 50 amp available and you can spend the nite. Karen 850-556-6735
Karen S, and fur babies- Precious and Little Girl
(big dog in photo is not mine he belongs to Nan in G'ville)
2007 Dodge 2500
Road Warrior 5er Toyhauler
and Micro Lite Flagstaff TT
KarenS

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Lots of gals on here today! I have been home all day, working later on. Have had a bad headache and jaw ache all day. I have been grinding my teeth a lot (and probably all night long). So I pretty much napped all day.

It is cold, rainy and blustery today, very high winds here too. Only 39 degrees, brrrr! :shock: At least it isn't snowing! :roll:

Louise, good to hear from you again!

Kathleen, I would also say allergies. You should get it checked out, but take some Benedryl in the meantime and/or allergy eye drops.

Have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:58 pm

It's fun to read everyone's news.
Barbara, have you tried a sports type mouth guard. Years ago I was getting headaches and the dentist said I was clenching at night. He made me a hard plastic mouth guard. Took away my headaches but also $350 out of my wallet. After cracking several teeth from clenching right through the hard mouth guard I decided to try the sports type you mold to fit. Been wearing one nightly for probably 20 years now and when I chew them up every year or so I make a new one. Dentist says it has saved my teeth from further damage.
Louise, its good to see you pop in. I would love to hear/ read a update on the Nexus as I have them on my possibles list. Interested in how the fit and finish has held up, miles per gallon and any other thoughts.
Would also be interested in an update from the gal who bought the pretty Vista 35f.
Have a good evening all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Roadweaver » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Sorry, I have been out all day. My plans are to leave Tallahassee area on Tuesday. Heading to Elkhart to Nexus, I broke the cover that goes over stove and they are going to replace it. Still love my RV and this life. After Elkhart, heading to Goshen to Escapees Boot Camp but not staying for the rally because I am going to a folk music festival in New Holland, PA and then to get my solar panels. I am getting them for the cost of material, no labor cost, so I wanted to take advantage. From there I will stay in MD for two weeks at Patapsco State Park near my daughters and will head to the northwest about June 9 to meet up with the WIN group. The way I travel, it will take a month or more. My daughter, TeAntae, may be traveling with me out there and flying back.

This is an amazing adventure.

Louise
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Blog-roadweaver.blogspot.com
Roadweaver

Next

Return to Morning Coffee