Wednesday Morning, after the rain...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday Morning, after the rain...

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:36 am

Good morning, all...
A little chilly here this morning, but knew it was coming, so have the heat going and am toasty....suppose to warm up some real soon....the chill down was just Nature's way of saying "It's not summer, yet.." ;)

Thanks, again, for all the Birthday wishes....I think I'm handling being in my "60s" alot better than I thought.... :roll: :lol:

Just read the GTGs postings, and so wish I could commit to them at this point, but want to wait until we're done with the Dr. appts. next month...yep, a little "gun shy" after last year... :roll: and of course, Ernie has his trip to Louisiana all planned out....so, guess, we'll wait and see...

Okay, not much more to add right now.....so will stop for now...Coffee's ready and have cinnamon/vanilla English muffins ready to toast...Help yourselves...

Have a great day, all.... :)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: Wednesday Morning, after the rain...

Postby Colliemom » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:31 am

Good Morning Lori and everyone,

Lori, glad you had a wonderful Birthday yesterday. I wasn't on here but want to wish you a belated one anyway. Yep, I'm handing my 60's with no problem at all. Don't even feel like it either and will admit that the bit 65 is coming up in June for me. If all goes well, a trip west will be my birthday present to me this summer.

Cold up here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula this morning, around 6 above here and also a Winter Storm Warning out. Could see as much as a foot of snow possibly. But after this, it's all uphill and temps gradually warming up again. So will be good afternoon to just stay in, watch the snow and look at road maps etc. Trying to plot a route from the MI border in the U.P. across WI to I-90 to head to Custer State Park. Thinking to cross around Lacrosse, WI.

Otherwise not much going on. Was shopping in Marquette yesterday and picked up a few things. Looking for material to redo back cushions in my TT, but didn't find anything as yet. Have other places after I get home to look.

Louise, did you get Kit weighed and you title yet>

Ava, great news that you are all settled in your new "home on wheels" again. I'm sure you will enjoy puttering around and making it your own once more.

Well, you all have a great day out there, keep warm where its cold, dry where it's raining and out from under the snow where it's snowing.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby JudyJB » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:38 am

I really, really slept in this morning. We got rain a couple of days ago in western Georgia, but it was windy driving yesterday and really windy late yesterday. I am at Lake Lanier, GA, and winds were gusting to 35. Stuff was really banging around, but too dark and too cold to go out and do anything. Pretty sure everything is tied down well anyway. Also got down to 32 last night. But this morning, lake is calm and sun is out, so everything is where it should be. I also saw a bluebird this morning--first one that I ever remember seeing.

Bad thing is that I really got bit up a couple of days ago at West Lake, GA. I wear shorts all the time and paid the price with bites up and down each leg. Not mosquitos because I never react to mosquito bites, but whatever these little things were, they loved my flesh!! So I am putting cortisone ointment on them, but I really need something that will dry on the skin. I will be heading north Friday, visiting aunt and uncle in the mountains on my way, so maybe will not encounter bugs as much as it gets colder. Also got out old can of Off so I need to wear long pants and spray in bug country. I drove up the east Georgia coast last year and had no problems--guess wrong place wrong time this year.

Will arrive in Michigan in 10 days! Renting a car and looking forward to seeing coworkers, old friends, and my niece and her family. Plus, I will go shopping to stock up on those things I cannot buy elsewhere. Food includes really garlicy fresh polish sausage and pea meal back bacon, aka "Canadian bacon", the real stuff. :D
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:56 am

Good Morning from cool Normal Il... Shadow and I finally got home on Sunday early afternoon... got a shower first one since leaving Fl... those sink wash ups are nothing like letting the warm water splash in your face!! After that I got dressed and went to the Easter pageant it was awesome there were 5 area churches participating...

I got internet yesterday went with Verizon again... no contract so can stop at anytime... anyone have input for internet connection that allows you to go away and still have connection... mine is nation wide...

Shadow and I left Ocala on the first and got home safely after seeing only two of my dear friends Wendy and Janie... so sorry to miss Sarah and Mitch... another time I hope to do better... each night I said I am done but woke up with a new determination to move on... did not stay in an rv park all the way just boon docking...

Monday evening and night we even had SNOW about 3 inches that stayed in places most of Tuesday and 25 degree temps... I turned on the furnace in my motorhome so things would not freeze up... today it will be 48 and the sun is shining....

Drive careful everyone on the road... enjoy everything you do... do it robustly...
Me and My Shadow
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Got a half inch of snow here this morning but most of it is gone already. Supposed to get a little more later on. Luckily, we are missing the heavy stuff. Up to 16 inches north of here! Learned a new word today..."sprinter": spring one day, winter the next!

Just got home from the first half of my split shift. Probably just take a nap and relax before going back in later.

Judy, put some calamine lotion on your bug bites, It isn't pretty but it really works well and dries up the bites and helps with itching.

Sue, have you decided to keep your TT? You probably don't want to redo the cushions if you are planning to sell/trade it in.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Liz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Glad to see you made it home safely, Kathleen. That was a quick trip!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:36 pm

The winter storm shifted and we are now expected to get close to a foot of snow by morning! :shock:

I was shoveling the snow from the sidewalk outside the shop and it was coming down faster than I could shovel it, so I finally gave up. :roll: When I left work, it was freezing rain on top of 4 inches of snow. Beginning to feel like last April! :( We are supposed to get back into the 60's next week.

Found out today that one of our high school kids committed suicide last night. Very sad situation :cry:

Ava's big day tomorrow! Finally moving back home! Yay! Will be toasting with you tomorrow night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee