THE SHOEBOX

Share a joke with friends and give links to fun games online.

THE SHOEBOX

Postby Redwahine » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:36 pm

THE SHOEBOX
A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top
of her cupboard that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years he had never thought about the box but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover.

In trying to sort out their affairs the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it he found two knitted dolls and a stack of money totaling $95,000.

He asked her about the contents. 'When we were to be married,' she said, 'my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you I should just keep quiet and knit a doll.'

The little old man was so moved he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him twice in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness.

'Honey,' he said, 'that explains the dolls, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?'

'Oh,' she said, 'that's the money I made from selling the dolls.'

A Prayer.......
Dear Lord, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man, Love to forgive him and Patience for his moods, because Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death, because I don't have time to knit!
Redwahine

Re: THE SHOEBOX

Postby Sandersmr » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby Dawn309 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: X2
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309