Anyone? Is this you?

Share a joke with friends and give links to fun games online.

Anyone? Is this you?

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Several days ago as I left a meeting at our church, I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down. I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets or purse. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.

Suddenly I realized, I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband, David, has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them. His theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the doors of the church, I came to a terrifying conclusion. His theory was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen. Then I made the most difficult call of all, “Honey,” I stammered. I always call him “honey” in times like these. “I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen.”

There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard David’s voice. “Betty” he barked, “I dropped you off!” Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, “Well, come and get me.” David retorted, “I will, as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your car!”
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Anyone? Is this you?

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:05 am

I could see me doing that! :roll:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:51 am

When my son was still in school I would meet him in town and we would leave his truck and he would go with me to Lafayette. We once made it all the way home and forgot his truck in town. :oops: :oops:

My DH once forgot he went to Walmart in my vehicle and was looking all over for his truck. At least he didn't call the cops.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby cpatinjones » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones