Old Dog Truths

Share a joke with friends and give links to fun games online.

Old Dog Truths

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:08 pm

An old Doberman starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a panther heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old Doberman thinks, "h, oh! I'm in deep trouble now!"

Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the panther is about to leap, the old Doberman exclaims loudly,

"Boy, that was one delicious panther! I wonder, if there are any more around here?"

Hearing this, the young panther halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees.

"Whew!," says the panther, "That was close! That old Doberman nearly had me!"

Meanwhile, a squirrel who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the panther. So, off he goes.

The squirrel soon catches up with the panther, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the panther.

The young panther is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here, squirrel, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!"

Now, the old Doberman sees the panther coming with the squirrel on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?," but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old Doberman says ......

"Where's that squirrel? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another panther!"

Moral of this story...

Don't mess with this old dog... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery!
Last edited by BirdbyBird on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Old Dog Truths

Postby VickieP » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:59 pm

And the moral of this story is that old people tend to repeat themselves, but we keep reading, just in the off chance that the story changes the second time around! :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
(I really did enjoy the story, Tina, even the second time. :D )
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:10 pm

VickieP wrote:And the moral of this story is that old people tend to repeat themselves, but we keep reading, just in the off chance that the story changes the second time around! :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

I started reading the 2nd time, stopped myself; considered deleting the repeat, but then thought, nope .... it's another joke all in itself :)

Have read this one before and enjoy it every time ... even in duplicate.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sandersmr » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:28 pm

VickieP wrote:And the moral of this story is that old people tend to repeat themselves, but we keep reading, just in the off chance that the story changes the second time around! :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Sandersmr wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But they also learn how to edit posts to make all our comments make no sense. Hmmmm, I could remove that feature :P
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Joke And Game Time