Direct TV Box

Buy - Sell - Barter - Trade
Got something to sell or need to buy something? Here's the place to do it.

Re: Direct TV Box

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:09 pm

I don't know the details, but several years ago, Dish got in trouble somehow for how they handled broadcast channels. The Feds got 'em and that's supposedly why they now have a different "company" offering the locals...

Karen, you don't have a stick house, right? If you don't, then it's kind of a roundabout way of having the same "rules" as Directv. If you have a stick house as your account, AND you get locals at stick house AND traveling, heck - I'll be looking into Dish.
mitch5252

Postby sharon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:45 pm

But for Excel, who wants to get some Direct to her son who is living in a trailer, basically all she has to do is give him her new spare box after Direct authorizes it, send it to him, have his friend set up the satelite, and he should be good to go. Which was her original question if I'm not mistaken. Don't ya just love it when we go off? At least we stayed on subject this time!! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:29 pm

sharon wrote:But for Excel, who wants to get some Direct to her son who is living in a trailer, basically all she has to do is give him her new spare box after Direct authorizes it, send it to him, have his friend set up the satelite, and he should be good to go. Which was her original question if I'm not mistaken. Don't ya just love it when we go off? At least we stayed on subject this time!! :lol:

Sorry. I was just trying to clarify some of the points that are very often misconstrued about directv, most of which I had myself and had to dig, dig, dig to comprehend the real story. Yup, the son should be good to go. Again, sorry - my bad.

ON EDIT: We also don't know, from the original question, if her son needs/wants broadcast channels and how far from her home base he'd like to "borrow" the box.
Last edited by mitch5252 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitch5252

Postby sharon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:43 pm

mitch5252 wrote:
sharon wrote:But for Excel, who wants to get some Direct to her son who is living in a trailer, basically all she has to do is give him her new spare box after Direct authorizes it, send it to him, have his friend set up the satelite, and he should be good to go. Which was her original question if I'm not mistaken. Don't ya just love it when we go off? At least we stayed on subject this time!! :lol:

Sorry. I was just trying to clarify some of the points that are very often misconstrued about directv, most of which I had myself and had to dig, dig, dig to comprehend the real story. Yup, the son should be good to go. Again, sorry - my bad.

Sorry Mitch, you took it wrong, my friend, wasn't chastising, was making fun of all of us!! And trust me, we all count on you to get the skinny on anything we need to know..we count on you!! You know I love ya!!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Bethers wrote: So that's from their website - in other words, you can have their service to an rv. I think calling them acting like a new customer is a good idea.

That's just what I tried to say - you can have one or the other regarding locals. Can's have both on one account.
mitch5252

Postby Excel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:16 pm

So much info....wonderful...thank you all. Sharon, you're right, Scott (my son) has the box & someone there to set up the antenna or dish or whatever that thing is called. So he should be good to go...as far as what channels he gets (local or otherwise)....I don't think he cares much, just so he has some contact with the outside world...He's got so much 'on his plate' right now that I think he needs the diversion so he can get his mind onto other things. He has rarely asked me for help over the past few years, and we've had some real 'in your face' angry discussions which led to not speaking for lengths of time, so when this came up, I obviously wanted to help him so we could at least have a better 'understanding' between us. He's a good man but we just don't see eye to eye on a couple of really serious issues...I'm of the mind that let's agree to disagree...but he just can't leave some topics alone...& goes on & on. That's why I kinda back off & just do my own thing. Anyhow, no sense in going over family problems...However, it's one of the reasons I watch this website so much...I really don't have anyone to turn to for advice or support...so I get my energy & comfort from the women here who share their ups & downs....and you know Sharon, when things get haywire badddd...I call you & you've always been a positive influence with your listening & being supportive... Okay, I'm off the subject (again...) Thanks to all....& Mitch got your PM...thank you...Sharon, you take care...Hope everyone has an absolutely wonderful Sunday....wherever you are 8-)
Excel

Previous

Return to Trading Post